AMD Ryzen 7 Real World Gaming

and people don't understand why I HATE rap

And yet if you are of that certain age group you have probably been to plenty of parties/weddings where they play Sugar Hill Gang and Rapper's Delight :) - probably the 1st true rap song.

Cheers

The Definitive AMD Ryzen 7 Real-World Gaming Guide
With our AMD Ryzen 7 overclocked to 4GHz we find out if this is a competitive real-world gaming CPU or not. We compare it with two overclocked Intel 7700K and 2600K systems across six different video card configurations at 4K, 1440p, and 1080p to find out which CPU provides the best gameplay experience using playable game settings.

RAM speed of 2933Mhz on the Ryzen and 3600Mhz on the Intel System... Even though the results are close. I'm willing to bet these numbers would be much better if the Ryzen was clocked at 3600Mhz too, whenever that might be able to happen. Seems we are very close...

RAM speed of 2933Mhz on the Ryzen and 3600Mhz on the Intel System... Even though the results are close. I'm willing to bet these numbers would be much better if the Ryzen was clocked at 3600Mhz too, whenever that might be able to happen. Seems we are very close...
Coulda woulda shoulda whatif.......

Just want to thank the crew for putting this out there. I'm still on the fence and will probably wait until intel's next refresh comes out. I want to buy AMD just to throw them some support but I'm one of those 144hz high fps users and it just seems like going for a 5Ghz 7700K is hands down the CPU for that.

Back