AMD Ryzen 7 3700X R9 3900X Guru3d review

Pieter3dnow

Supreme [H]ardness
I find myself a little disappointed with the benchmarks. I expected a little more frequency. Although as I mentioned this several times here if I do purchase a 7nm AM4 CPU it will be the one released in September.

Looks like 3700X is an upgrade for my 5-year old 4790k, but... totally not worth the $700+ upgrade price, considering CPU, MB and new DDR4.
Also why no mATX board?

Looks like 3700X is an upgrade for my 5-year old 4790k, but... totally not worth the $700+ upgrade price, considering CPU, MB and new DDR4.
Also why no mATX board?
I'll probably wait for the Ryzen 4000-series to upgrade my 4790k, 32GB memory should be more affordable by next summer as well... and GPU competitive situation better, as I'm doing the whole set.

I'll probably wait for the Ryzen 4000-series to upgrade my 4790k, 32GB memory should be more affordable by next summer as well... and GPU competitive situation better, as I'm doing the whole set.

I don't think DDR4 can get much less expensive, if anything it gives DDR4 memory manufacturers time to collude and fix pricing.

they keep loosing nand to power outages left and right, you'd think an industry so dependent on constant power would have better plans in place lol.

Also why no mATX board?

agreed. im still on my 4771 but i cant justify the upgrade price.

ill probably pick up something new when cyberpunk comes out next year. so maybe an intel 10 series? i kinda doubt theyll have the 4000 refresh out by then.

Also why no mATX board?

Sure its expensive if you buy X570 and top tier ram, but with the low TDP on these chips they will probably run just fine on an average B450. Also looks like average ass ram will do pretty good (3200 c16)

Back