AMD Ryzen 7 2700X on Sale at Amazon

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Update: Apparently 25 minutes after posting this, the sale has ended. Hope you were quick! That said, the 2700X is still a great value at $320.

Good deal. I paid 320 at microcenter on drop day, and I'm happy.

Yeah, they've been $279.99 at MC for a couple of months now which is a good price. I'd jump on one if it would give me a noticeable boost over my 7700k for my usage scenarios but I think I'm set for at least a couple more years.

Thats good for you guys in the USA, in the UK Amazon has this CPU at £289.99 which equates to $377.63 at todays exchange rate, or to look at it another way $289.99 is £ 222.68 . We always seem to get ripped off in the UK when it comes to comparing exchange rates.

I would really want to get a Ryzen setup going if my 7 year old 2700k processor wasn't still chugging along doing everything I could ask of it. This build with 32 GB of RAM has really been a great value. Those of us with a Microcenter nearby are truly lucky!

I would really want to get a Ryzen setup going if my 7 year old 2700k processor wasn't still chugging along doing everything I could ask of it. This build with 32 GB of RAM has really been a great value. Those of us with a Microcenter nearby are truly lucky!

I have a 2600k at home, just switched to the 2700x on a mini ITX 470. Absolutely awesome. For starters I'm going to raid-0 my two NVME drives.

I'm even getting back in to Linux which is extremely AMD friendly. (dual boot with W10)

As for what I'm going to do with my my old 2600k, I dunno, learn liquid nitrogen OC maybe? It's certainly not getting any faster with the spectre/meltdown patches/microcode.

NVME RAID 0 vid

Bought mine at MicroCenter back in July and got a $50 bundle savings with the 470mb.
Absolutely zero regrets... other than I didn't buy it earlier.

Awesome CPU, love my 2700x. Does what I need it to do, run VM's and play games.

I got mine for $239 :) :) :) . Ebay seller and one of the 15% off everything coupons that pop up every now and then.

I've been very happy with it. And by some miracle that I can't explain... I took my SSD with Win 10 on it from an Intel Skylake build and it didn't even have to reinstall. (I did have to reactivate, but it did it no fuss with the same key I was using before). I was fully prepared to do a scratch install and thought... why not try it and see what happens? Not having to reinstall 9 million apps? Priceless.

Thats good for you guys in the USA, in the UK Amazon has this CPU at £289.99 which equates to $377.63 at todays exchange rate, or to look at it another way $289.99 is £ 222.68 . We always seem to get ripped off in the UK when it comes to comparing exchange rates.
Don't forget that UK prices include VAT whereas US prices don't include sales taxes. We still get shafted, but once taxes are factored in, it's not quite as bad as it seems.

I guess it's legit to say....but Black Friday and Cyber week is only a short ways away.

I'm still rocking my 2600k. It still runs fine for me. One day...

This made me look for drops here, but nothing :(
I have become unsure if i am going to buy a high end 470 mobo or go a little more easy, a saving on the CPU would make it more easy to decide for me.

I'm looking forward to these new 7nm Ryzen 2+ CPU's in 2019 ..... give me 10 or 12 cores @ 4.5Ghz and I'm a customer for real

What I really love about the popularity of the Ryzen CPU is how much nicer the motherboards are now. Lot more featured packed and honestly, on the same level as Intel. This was not always the case with AMD motherboards. So if / when I do make the move that is something I can count on. Having a nice high-end AMD motherboard.

What is with the 2(000)K Intel thread hi-jack?
Yes it WAS a great CPU, but please leave your #'s in the bathroom stall and have your love fest at a later date LOL!

I'm looking forward to these new 7nm Ryzen 2+ CPU's in 2019 ..... give me 10 or 12 cores @ 4.5Ghz and I'm a customer for real

What I really love about the popularity of the Ryzen CPU is how much nicer the motherboards are now. Lot more featured packed and honestly, on the same level as Intel. This was not always the case with AMD motherboards. So if / when I do make the move that is something I can count on. Having a nice high-end AMD motherboard.

Yup is the reason why I bought the 1800X for $310.00(includes tax/shipping) last year. With the $10 hyper t2 running smoothly I had no reason to buy a 2700X that will only give me 10%+ performance. I'm waiting for the Ryzen 2+ as well.

What is with the 2(000)K Intel thread hi-jack?
Yes it WAS a great CPU, but please leave your #'s in the bathroom stall and have your love fest at a later date LOL!

When I upgraded to my 2700X, it was from a -2500k.... ;)
/a 'now' crazy slow CPU 2018 that couldn't run 85% of the newer games
//welcome to 2018
///Intel and nVidia are Satan's henchmen

Back