AMD Ryzen 7 2700x Gold Edition

scojer

[H]F Junkie
AMD is celebrating it's 50th year, to celebrate, they're releasing a Gold Edition AMD Ryzen 7 2700X..

It's signed by Lisa Su, you get two free games, a fancy case badge, and, a T-Shirt.

gzqTVr23aN4U446V.jpg

Looks like there is no binning of these. Unless you are an AMD fan, I don't see the point. My 2700x is just as good as this one. I get 4.35GHz on one or two cores on mine using the standard PBO config.

I wonder how much my Chinese-made Ryzen 1600 would be worth if a 5 year scribbled/forged her name on it and the numbers "5" and "0" next to it?

$50 premium? From MSRP or actual selling price? Guess it depends on how much the "collectors" stuff is worth to you.

What, no Lisa Sure Bobblehead?

The cult of personality surrounding AMD senior execs is kind of ridiculous.

I would buy if Jensen Huang singed it and they called it CEO edition.

And i just found out BREAKING NEWS: NVIDIA’s CEO is the Uncle of AMD’s CEO

Its one of the few things AMD does well marketing wise. They've done a great job making Su the face of AMD and having her be someone that people outside the company look up to and like.

Ah, well I guess I just prefer a world where CEO's and Executives like Lisa Su and Raja Koduri are not celebrities. Where they live behind an impermeable wall that is the corporate brand, so you don't see the person, you see the product.

Last edited:
$50 premium? From MSRP or actual selling price? Guess it depends on how much the "collectors" stuff is worth to you.

Looks like $50 more from the current selling price. MSRP is $350 vs the 295-300 of the normal 2700X. Egg (which apparently has it exclusively in the US) has it for $330 for the next couple days. Still not worth it in my opinion.

Ah, well I guess I just prefer a world where CEO's and Executives like Lisa Su and Raja Koduri are not celebrities. Where they live behind an impermeable wall that is the corporate brand, so you don't see the person, you see the product.
When you are as good as Lisa, im okay with it (don't know about Raja, didn't know he had 'fans' in any case).

Buy it, never use it, keep it squirreled away for years and sell at a premium later
Otherwise...why bother

:)

I thought the same thing with my G3258. Sold it for a fair price. Ended up buying another one cheaper an put it in my pfsense box.

Dual cores aren't useful for to much these days. (Games and how "heavy" the internet has gotten these days are to blame in my opinion).

Well you have figure that in as little a four years where products are leading in performance and business has been brought from near bankruptcy to an accelerating profitability an executive would be celebrated.
And, believe me, she is not done and the best is yet to come.

Reactions: N4CR
like this
GN tests the "Gold Edition"

As expected, it's identical to the 2700x. If anything their standard 2700x overclocked better.

As expected, it's identical to the 2700x. If anything their standard 2700x overclocked better.

yeah you're basically just paying for division 2 gold edition, wwZ, and Lisa Su's signature etched into the chip. cool collectors item but that's about it.

Reactions: N4CR
like this

Not at all surprising. Even if these were cherry picked and guaranteed to overclock better than the average 2700X I don't think they'd be worth the additional cost. Its not even worth it for the games as several AMD CPUs include the same game bundle.

Nice collectible. Wonder how many end up never taken out of the box?

I would buy if Jensen Huang singed it and they called it CEO edition.

And i just found out BREAKING NEWS: NVIDIA’s CEO is the Uncle of AMD’s CEO

Nv needs to put out the

“CEO Leather Jacket Edition 2080RTX”

That T-Shirt looks the cheapest nylon even on the images. So clearly only good as a wall ornament not something one would wear.

Back