AMD Ryzen 5 5600X, X570 AORUS ELITE CPU max. 75W

FryerTuck

n00b
I have AMD Ryzen 5 5600X and X570 AORUS ELITE. CPU Power Consumption goes up to max. 75W in Prime95 and games. Eco Mode disabled in BIOS.

Do you have HWInfo? Get HWInfo and monitor your temps (it will also show current power and current consumption). Bumping up your PPT is going to result in a higher temperature for your CPU, up until the CPU throttles itself (should be at ~95C for short duration only), so you need to have a sufficient cooling solution in place.

If you want to go down the rabbit hole, you can play around with undervolting (per chip or per core) for better/cooler performance, but as with overclocking, this requires stability testing which takes knowledge, time and patience. There is also an application called CTR which automates this process, but this is a somewhat complicated piece of kit that requires an understanding of what is going on.

I have HWiNFO. Is it possible to change PPT in BIOS without AMD Ryzen Master? In games i have max. 75W with default PPT. If i set PPT to 120W with AMD Ryzen Master i have 120W only in Prime95 not in games.

I have HWiNFO. Is it possible to change PPT in BIOS without AMD Ryzen Master? In games i have max. 75W with default PPT. If i set PPT to 120W with AMD Ryzen Master i have 120W only in Prime95 not in games.

Yes, it is mine (MSI x570 board) and it should be on yours as well. There are videos that go through various BIOS settings, some of them are hidden behind a "show expert mode" selection, but are otherwise not too difficult to find. Remember to back up your settings if your BIOS has this feature (or document all of your changes it it doesn't).

Back