AMD Ryzen 5 1500X Overclocked Benchmark Results At 4.2GHz

CAD4466HK

2[H]4U
Cheap Ryzen for the budget minded.

http://www.legitreviews.com/amd-ryzen-5-1500x-overclocked-benchmark-results-at-4-2ghz_193599

We were able to push the limits of our AMD Ryzen 5 1500X processor and was able to increase the all-core clock speed from 3.6GHz all the way up to 4.2GHz! To do this we needed to increase the CPU voltage up to 1.425 on the AMD X370 motherboard that we were using for testing, but our CPU temperatures barely broke the 70C mark since we were using the Corsair Hydro Series H110i Extreme Performance liquid CPU Cooler ($124.00). We were able to get 4GHz stable on all cores with no voltage increase, so overclocking this processor should be easily done.

1500x-oc-cpuz.jpg

Last edited:
Reviewers need to get away from using Nvidia cards as it is known that there is something about Nvidia drivers that are holding Ryzen back.. use AMD cards like a 390x .

Reviewers need to get away from using Nvidia cards as it is known that there is something about Nvidia drivers that are holding Ryzen back.. use AMD cards like a 390x .

They could test with both. But bear in mind, a lot of folks will pair Ryzen with a 1080 or 1080 Ti (I did). So it's still useful information even if there are driver issues.

Well, that's interesting. 4.2 is impressive for a Ryzen OC. They even thought 4.3 was doable with more tinkering. I wonder if the quad core models OC a little better, or if this is just coincidence?

Probably a golden sample, haven't seen any others get that high w/o using LN2.

I have seen a review where they did test with both and Ryzen performs better with AMD gpu's so VEGA should showcase Ryzen when paired together.

Hoping to reach 4.1 on my 1600, but even if I just hit 3.9 I'll be happy as long as I can get a decent ram OC to go with it.

4.3 would be spectacular. lol

Back