AMD Ryzen 5 1500X - $69 @ Amazon

Showing only available from 3rd party sellers starting at $141.10 for me.

Showing only available from 3rd party sellers starting at $141.10 for me.

hmm not sure, maybe try the PC Gamer link I found it at? .

Shows up for me

wjfSJlz.png

Yeah, $69. I'd buy one just to have except I have a 1200 doing nothing.

Wonder if that one is built on Zen+ like the 'new' 1600x is, and it's measurably faster than an older 1600x. UFDtech had a thing on it, and they have a new part number

Yeah, $69. I'd buy one just to have except I have a 1200 doing nothing.

Wonder if that one is built on Zen+ like the 'new' 1600x is, and it's measurably faster than an older 1600x. UFDtech had a thing on it, and they have a new part number

"AF" are the newer editions of the 1x00 series.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.

The 1600 is a damn good CPU. I've built multiple PC's with them for friends and family, thanks to Micro Center selling them for $79 with $30 off a motherboard. For $120, on average, for a 1600 and B450 motherboard after bundle discount (now only $20 off), it's probably the best CPU deal ever. 6 cores, 12 threads, with a very nice Wraith Spire cooler to boot.

The 1600 is a damn good CPU. I've built multiple PC's with them for friends and family, thanks to Micro Center selling them for $79 with $30 off a motherboard. For $120, on average, for a 1600 and B450 motherboard after bundle discount (now only $20 off), it's probably the best CPU deal ever. 6 cores, 12 threads, with a very nice Wraith Spire cooler to boot.

That CPU has Zen+ IPC too. I never understood why AMD made a pinnacle ridge version of the 1600.

That CPU has Zen+ IPC too. I never understood why AMD made a pinnacle ridge version of the 1600.

probably cost and easier to bin since they can configure each chip using the microcode. what i find more surprising is that they're still producing the 1x00 series and 2x00 series..

Wait, what.
There's a Ryzen 1600 that's based off the 2XXX series architecture? I.... was never aware of this.

Wait, what.
There's a Ryzen 1600 that's based off the 2XXX series architecture? I.... was never aware of this.

Yes, there is one, sorta. What it most likely is is a failed Ryzen 2600 which can't hit the stock clocks of the 2600 but does hit the stock clocks of the 1600.

6c/12t for $85 and an updated process seems more deserving of a hotdeals thread than the 1500X (4c/8t) honestly.

If only there was a Matisse version of the 2600 lmao.

You guys are killing me. I want this but do not need it.

I don't suppose it would benefit me much starting a new system with this coming from an I7-4770 would it?

I don't suppose it would benefit me much starting a new system with this coming from an I7-4770 would it?

It depends on how much you can recoup by selling your 4770 combo. I think you could probably break even, or even pocket a few dollars, with how much crazy people pay for these old Intel parts.

3950x or bust. Otherwise it is not worth it.

This combined with an RX570 is not much more than a 3400g. Even if you are going SFF, combining it with a GTX 1050ti SFF would still make this setup far better at gaming.

Me neither. Came to look at the 1500X...left wanting to buy a 1600 "AF"

Crazy good deal - basically a 2600 for $85. The 1500x at $69 is still a solid deal, but this takes things to another level.

I will probably get the same amount for my 2400g I am selling on ebay as what I paid for my new 1600 AF I just bought.

Also came to look at the deal for the Ryzen 1500X and left thinking about buying the Ryzen 1600. That processor alone needs it's own deal thread.

If anyone plans on buying this CPU, or any other 1000 series Ryzen (besides the refreshed 1600) for use on *nix, be warned, there be dragons.

There are many chips out in the wild with the so called "segfault bug". It was supposed to be limited to batches of chips produced prior to a certain date, but as I found out the hard way with a 1500X I bought, it had the segfault bug and was made long after supposedly bad batches. AMD did send me out a new non-faulty 1500X when I told them about my problem, but it did take a few weeks.

If you install *nix on one of these CPUs and get "Watchdog timeout" on random threads, mysterious kernel panics or dreaded "bus errors", you probably have a faulty chip. AMD said they'll send replacement CPUs for affected users, but it just takes time.

I hope after all this time that the defective CPUs have been flushed out of the retail pipeline, but you really never can be sure what you get from Amazon.

Back