AMD Ryzen 2700X & 2600 Review Leaked

rgMekanic

[H]ard|News
WCCFTech is reporting that a review of the upcoming 2nd generation Ryzen CPUs has been leaked. The review shows faster inter-core communication, lower cache latency, as well as higher bandwidth. There are a ton of charts from the leaked review to browse through, but the gist of it is, the new 2700X is between 12-18% faster than the 17000X.

AMDs Ryzen platform just keeps getting better and better, if the leaked review is true that is. The launch date for the new chips is April 19th, and I'm definitely looking forward to see how they perform.

The 2700X doesn’t only enjoy faster inter-core communication and lower cache and memory latency, it also has higher overall cache bandwidth compared to its first generation counterpart. And the differences aren’t small either, we’re talking about up to 32% greater bandwidth.

What was the performance gap for first gen? Does this put them on par with coffee lake on a perf/dollar basis?

The bigger question: does it get the memory clock up to 3200 easier?

My 1700X can only get up to 2933 memory clocks, but the new chip supposedly supports up to 2933, so hopefully it can overclock that to 3200. That's the main thing I want to know for sure.

I've had my 1700x running 3200mhz memory since I bought it at launch.

Prices are pretty great too.

My 1700X can only get up to 2933 memory clocks, but the new chip supposedly supports up to 2933, so hopefully it can overclock that to 3200. That's the main thing I want to know for sure.

The article says some mobo's will support up to 4000. Honestly I'll just wait for more reviews.

Ryzen is becoming more and more tempting as time goes on . Might look seriously at AMD when I eventually upgrade my ivy bridge setup

Depends on cooling. The whole turbo scheme is now based on cooling levels instead of how many cores are in use.

Ah, so XFR stops where your cooling can handle. 4.2 or 4.3 is where I said AMD would have my money and they may have delivered...

Ah, so XFR stops where your cooling can handle. 4.2 or 4.3 is where I said AMD would have my money and they may have delivered...

XFR is on top of boost which is 4.25 on 2700X so we might see near 4.4 ghz dualcore if it decides to do so in your system.

My fear is that these will be like threadrippers that OC will degrade gaming performance (2700X) but somewhat increase multithread, but if the 12nm process holds more headroom than 14nm we might be in for a real treat!

Excited to see games with memory latency which is only part that isn't really leaked yet.

Dang, might be time to upgrade the old 6700K :geek:

I did a side-grade to a 1600x...obviously better multi-thread, and in terms of gaming I didn't notice a difference. The 2700x would be a sweet upgrade, I don't blame you for being tempted.

Nothing can deal with people flashing modified bios' onto your motherboard and running malicious code with elevated privileges to install malware.

Not actually true. You can prevent the flashing of modified firmware via software quite easily.

Is the 17000x faster then my 1800x?

Sounds like some key upgrades to the silicon addressing weak spots and bottlenecks.

Numbers are a bit lower than I would like for me to guaranteed buy. However they are high enough where I am fairly tempted.

The fact that I'm stuck at 2667 on my ram makes me interested in the 2700/2700x.
Plus I have a pretty good deal of thermal overhead.

XFR is on top of boost which is 4.25 on 2700X so we might see near 4.4 ghz dualcore if it decides to do so in your system.

My fear is that these will be like threadrippers that OC will degrade gaming performance (2700X) but somewhat increase multithread, but if the 12nm process holds more headroom than 14nm we might be in for a real treat!

Excited to see games with memory latency which is only part that isn't really leaked yet.

It's 4.35GHz on the 2700X and 4.25 on the 2600X. https://fudzilla.com/news/processor...-ryzen-2000-pinnacle-ridge-slides-leak-online

I am in the market for a second Ryzen system. Was scouting for a great 1st gen deal. Now I am debating how to approach this. Still thinking super discounted gen 1 cpu/MB is the best idea being I went top of the line (1700X and GB 370 Gamer 7 Aorus, 16GB 3200/14). Hmmmm.

Can't wait for the 2600k to 2600x posts....even better, gaming on an Atari 2600 then upgrading to a Ryzen 2600 powered PC.
lol!

12-18% faster hardly seems like something to write home about. Then again, Intel has hardly been showing massivbe increases lately either.

lol!

12-18% faster hardly seems like something to write home about. Then again, Intel has hardly been showing massive increases lately either.

considering intel has only gained 5-15% from sky lake to coffee lake, it's not to shabby for just being a refresh. hopefully with some true architecture tweaks with zen 2 there might be some larger gains next year.

Not actually true. You can prevent the flashing of modified firmware via software quite easily.
I was referring to this with respect to changing the CPU architecture to prevent flashing a modified bios. Can you prevent flashing bad bios with hardware?

lol!

12-18% faster hardly seems like something to write home about. Then again, Intel has hardly been showing massivbe increases lately either.

Going from a Core i7 2600k to a Ryzen 5 2600X is going to be a WHOLE LOT more than 12-18% increase.

I was referring to this with respect to changing the CPU architecture to prevent flashing a modified bios. Can you prevent flashing bad bios with hardware?

Yes. You basically require signed bioses with cryptographic hashes. That's already how things like microcode patches are protected and how Intel protects their IME patching. Each chip contains a public key that is checked against the microcode patch to determine if it is valid.

Well, I am happy with my 3.90 GHz R7 1700 but, these are looking really good as well. (I have not actually read the article, just going off of what everyone else is saying.)

As 1080p gaming performance was the main criticism of Ryzen gen 1, I hope the tweaks to Ryzen gen 2 will go some way to addressing the shortfall when compared to Intel CPU's. Looks promising though, 10 - 18% increase plus hopefully better overclocks.

I am looking forward to [H] reviews and seeing how an OC'd 2700X compares to an OC'd 8700K. I've had the upgrade itch for a while but unsure I want to spend the $$$ to upgrade my current rig since it's really just an HTPC.

I have zero reason to get a 2600/2700 as my FX-6300 does everything i need just fine. I have not touched my ryzen 1700 system in awhile, but maybe ill sell it and spend some quality time overclocking a 2600 :)

2500K is the cpu of legend. Im still using one in my dads computer. (y)

Still rocking one in my main rig. Been itching to upgrade FOREVER! Perhaps this will finally push me over the edge..........right when GPU and RAM prices are astronomical...:unsure:

considering intel has only gained 5-15% from sky lake to coffee lake, it's not to shabby for just being a refresh. hopefully with some true architecture tweaks with zen 2 there might be some larger gains next year.

There was no gain, none

Maybe in some very specialized very sensitive benchmark since you can use higher rated RAM with Kaby and coffee lake

The better performance Intel liked to point out in slides was due to more frequency in mobile chips

On the desktop there was no difference assuming same frequency/cores/threads

I dare you to show me the HardOCP review that shows a 5% gain between skylake and newer (again running at the same frequency)

Btw
The leaked slides don't say if the frequency is the same between the forst and second gen (best guess it isn't) as far as I can see
So it's not like there will be ~15% better performace and a freqnecy bump

Yes. You basically require signed bioses with cryptographic hashes. That's already how things like microcode patches are protected and how Intel protects their IME patching. Each chip contains a public key that is checked against the microcode patch to determine if it is valid.
Oh I see. I vaguely remember some of this stuff being added to CPUs years back. I feel safer locking the doors.
I wonder when they are going to fix door locks so crowbars and sledge hammers don't open them without the key.

Issues with clocking to 3200 were overblown and had to do with command rates set to high for the module profile. e.g. change it from 1T to 2T and the problem disappears.

I did a side-grade to a 1600x...obviously better multi-thread, and in terms of gaming I didn't notice a difference. The 2700x would be a sweet upgrade, I don't blame you for being tempted.
Similar story here. I sidegraded from a VIshera 8370 to Ryzen X1300. Half the cores, but you can hardly tell considering everything else is so much faster. Less than 1/3 the power consumption and way better gaming performance. The plan was to go cheap at first, and then get a second gen Ryzen after they have matured a bit.

Back