AMD Ryzen 1600 Six-Core 3.2 GHz CPU Is $99.99

if someone return one so can get open box and been waiting a while, likely says there is not nearly as many up and finding out "is not what was claimed to be, this is a POS CPU grrrr...."

not many open box anything Ryzen since launch tbh, well, not CPU at least, motherboard, sadly for Gen 1 and a chunk for gen 2 hopefully next to none for gen 3 AM4

meaning, likely a good chunk of whatever returns were folks had issues to get OS sorted out, some might have wanted day 1 all the performance possible and when touch slower "send it back" and of course there is likely to be many that buy to get a "golden chip" so can hit 4.4Ghz at lowest volts etc, gen 1 this seemed happening far more often vs gen 2 is almost useless to manually OC so likely not near as many returned, not nearly as many day 1 returns because "did not work" etc.

Now all we need is ALL motherboard makers to start putting their drivers on a USB stick, this way here the chance of "not working" is likely to become mostly past history at that point...as far as I am aware, only EVGA currently does the motherboard base drivers (BIOS, sata, ethernet, audio etc) on a USB stick so is stupid quick to be up and running vs having to find possible specific drivers which not always very easy to find.

if someone return one so can get open box and been waiting a while, likely says there is not nearly as many up and finding out "is not what was claimed to be, this is a POS CPU grrrr...."

not many open box anything Ryzen since launch tbh, well, not CPU at least, motherboard, sadly for Gen 1 and a chunk for gen 2 hopefully next to none for gen 3 AM4

meaning, likely a good chunk of whatever returns were folks had issues to get OS sorted out, some might have wanted day 1 all the performance possible and when touch slower "send it back" and of course there is likely to be many that buy to get a "golden chip" so can hit 4.4Ghz at lowest volts etc, gen 1 this seemed happening far more often vs gen 2 is almost useless to manually OC so likely not near as many returned, not nearly as many day 1 returns because "did not work" etc.

Now all we need is ALL motherboard makers to start putting their drivers on a USB stick, this way here the chance of "not working" is likely to become mostly past history at that point...as far as I am aware, only EVGA currently does the motherboard base drivers (BIOS, sata, ethernet, audio etc) on a USB stick so is stupid quick to be up and running vs having to find possible specific drivers which not always very easy to find.
I've seen a handful of 2600s open box for $129.

Hasn't it been this price for a while now? Dunno, maybe I just saw it on sale. It's a decent price, but I already own one. Waiting on Zen2.

I hope that Google Express has Zen2 based parts at launch. I have a $40 discount with no restrictions that ends on July 12th.!

This is a great deal, and with the flood of cheap b350/450/x370/x470 Mobos that hit POST launch of X570, would make for a great gaming box on a budget. Pair it with 16GB of 3200 ram for ~$85 and you are on your way to a nice system. If you already are on AM4, (unless it is an A320 board) then it will most likely be a better bet to hold out for the $149 6c/12t 3600. I have a feeling that CPU is going to sell out everywhere, since it offers a great core/potential OC ratio. $149 for cutting edge performance and 12 threads is insane. Thanks AMD !!!!

I hope that Google Express has Zen2 based parts at launch. I have a $40 discount with no restrictions that ends on July 12th.!

This is a great deal, and with the flood of cheap b350/450/x370/x470 Mobos that hit POST launch of X570, would make for a great gaming box on a budget. Pair it with 16GB of 3200 ram for ~$85 and you are on your way to a nice system. If you already are on AM4, (unless it is an A320 board) then it will most likely be a better bet to hold out for the $149 6c/12t 3600. I have a feeling that CPU is going to sell out everywhere, since it offers a great core/potential OC ratio. $149 for cutting edge performance and 12 threads is insane. Thanks AMD !!!!

AMD must have produced a ton of them. I am thinking because I bought one back in March for $79 from Microcenter and they are still on sale for $79 and none of the stores are anywhere near out of stock.

Jeez... 6c/12t processors for $80. God bless AMD and Ryzen LOL. I have some old Q6600 rigs around that could benefit. Must resist. XD

Get a good mITX board with this and you will be grinning from ear to ear.

Get a good mITX board with this and you will be grinning from ear to ear.

Agreed. Give it a decent $50-70 dollar AIO and it will sustain a 4.2Ghz AC OC unless it's a terrible chip. Should be able to get the single/dual core boost to 4.35 as well. Hell of a deal for $99.

If I didnot have a spare 1600 that does 4.1Ghz AC OC, I'd buy one just to have.

Jeez... 6c/12t processors for $80. God bless AMD and Ryzen LOL. I have some old Q6600 rigs around that could benefit. Must resist. XD

This is exactly what I did to my garage PC. Instead of dealing/diagnosing what seems like bad ram or a bad ram channel on a setup that can barely run what I want for media and browsing.... I'll just throw $200 at a new board, chip and mATX case.

My 1600 at 4.0 is running good and stable. (Prime 95 stable.) I just installed another with the stock cooler on a Prime X370 Pro and it overclocked to 3.7GHz, 1.150v LLC4 and it is Prime 95 stable as well. These 1600's are fantastic chips.

At $99 I was like... nah spend $20 more and get the 2600. But now Microcenter has it for $79, so that's different.

I am actually kind of shocked there are still this many Ryzen 1 chips left in circulation, but AMD probably cranked out 80 bazillion of them. But then again you could probably still buy an FX-8 cpu brand new off the shelf if you wante.d

2600x is $140

Has the better cooler and 300mhz more boost for $20

The problem with that is now you are $9 less then getting a Ryzen 3600 which will most likely hit 4.4-4.5Ghz AC OC depending on your cooling. Add in the IPC gains and better memory support AMD has made and I would never consider the 2600x at this point.

The problem with that is now you are $9 less then getting a Ryzen 3600 which will most likely hit 4.4-4.5Ghz AC OC depending on your cooling. Add in the IPC gains and better memory support AMD has made and I would never consider the 2600x at this point.
Probably the only exception is if your mobo doesn't support Ryzen 3000, than a Ryzen 2000 does make sense, other than that, I fully agree with you.

3600 is $199

Hello guys I’m at frys electronics Duluth Georgia they have a ryzen 5 1600x for 59.90 is that a good deal I wan to save money for the ryzen 3000 later but not now I will go from and Athlon to a ryzen and also planing on gettin a 470 motherboard

Hello guys I’m at frys electronics Duluth Georgia they have a ryzen 5 1600x for 59.90 is that a good deal I wan to save money for the ryzen 3000 later but not now I will go from and Athlon to a ryzen and also planing on gettin a 470 motherboard
Yes thats a sweet deal, especially if its a 1600x

I'll have a 4.1Ghz 1600 with the stock or Wraith Spire cooler (whatever comes with the 3700x) for sale in the next few days along with a brand new x370 Prime Pro Mobo.

Looking for around $190 or so. Will be up in FS/FT by tomorrow.

The problem with all deals like this is that for anybody that this is an upgrade for would have to spend considerably more for a system to use it in. That means at a minimum getting an AM4 motherboard and DDR4 RAM. The incremental cost for a better CPU doesn't look as large when you look at the costs in total.

The problem with all deals like this is that for anybody that this is an upgrade for would have to spend considerably more for a system to use it in. That means at a minimum getting an AM4 motherboard and DDR4 RAM. The incremental cost for a better CPU doesn't look as large when you look at the costs in total.

$250 moves you to a feature packed platform with a6c/12t cpu, a mobo will a lot of bells and whistles (and s clear upgrade to 8/12/16c 3000 models down the road) along with 16GB of 3200 ram.

How is that overly priced or expensive? You could not buy an Intel 7700k 4c for understanding $279-300 2.5 years ago.

I was commenting on the original post and not your FS/FT deal.
$250 moves you to a feature packed platform with a6c/12t cpu, a mobo will a lot of bells and whistles (and s clear upgrade to 8/12/16c 3000 models down the road) along with 16GB of 3200 ram.

How is that overly priced or expensive? You could not buy an Intel 7700k 4c for understanding $279-300 2.5 years ago.

I was commenting on the original post and not your FS/FT deal.

And he is not referring to the FS/FT deal either but, brand new buy in store deals. And in fact, I could get a really good deal at Microcenter with this processor, an X370 Pro and ram for about $160. (When the board was in stock, anyways.)

Back