AMD RX Vega 64 and 56 Pricing Leaked

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
Prices for the RX Vega 64 and 56 were supposedly leaked on Newegg: the Vega 56 will be $399, while the Vega 64 will start at $499.
  • AMD Radeon RX Vega 64 Air: $499
  • AMD Radeon RX Vega 64 Air Limited Edition: $549
  • AMD Radeon RX Vega 64 Liquid: $599
  • AMD Radeon RX Vega 64 Liquid Limited Edition: $649/$699
  • AMD Radeon RX Vega 56: $399

I really love the look of the LE cards, but I wonder what performance is like.

to quote some one else that posted in another thread and can't remember who it was.. "please don't suck, please don't suck..." because these prices look pretty decent.

I have a feeling that.......... Well if there that good. The miners will have them very very fast.

So much this. Miners are really hurting the gamers. It'd be nice to see AMD release some sort of non gaming line that rocks at the hash stuff so we dont' have to see the prices hike into the thousands shortly after launch.

I'm curious how the non-reference Vega 56 will turn out.
Ideally it'd be the Vega era's "RX 470" - where the wait is for decent cooling.

Can't really see the other tiers, $499-$699, justifying their cost though.

So much this. Miners are really hurting the gamers. It'd be nice to see AMD release some sort of non gaming line that rocks at the hash stuff so we dont' have to see the prices hike into the thousands shortly after launch.
It doesn't matter if they make mining only cards. The issue is that they wont be able to produce enough chips either way.

I'm guessing the liquid versions will be in short supply to start with and the air versions will go straight to miners, so good luck getting one at any price.

The problem is Nvidia and AMD only produce enough chips base on there average sales. There will only be so many sold each year. They don't make extra. So when the miners come along and buy up the stock, of well. Nvidia and AMD are not in a rush to solve this problem. They already made there money.

I don't have a problem with the miners, the one's in there house mining with say 13 cards. It's the big ass farms that come in and buy 500 to 1000 video cards at a time. But there's more. There are the mom and pops online stores. The know when the mining kicks in. So they buy up stock of video cards and horde them until the prices go up. Then they list in there stores and on Ebay.

Last edited:
But there's more. There are the mom and pops online stores. The know when the mining kicks in. So they buy up stock of video cards and horde them until the prices go up. Then they list in there stores and on Ebay.

Admittedly, given that the "mom and pop" stores of any kind are facing incredible competition online (Newegg, Amazon, etc) and offline (MicroCenter, Fry's, etc) I can't blame them for resorting to "hoard-sale" tactics.
The computer shop I worked in 18 years ago closed down 10 years back b/c the owner (local guy) saw the trends correctly. He's now doing quite well as an investor/developer in residential/commercial real estate, making serious money.

So, which one comes with the holocube and is as fast as a 1070?

Maybe i can grab one of those, since i doubt the miners will have any interest in the holocube bundle. ;)

Assuming performance is inline with what people believe, the 64 air at 499 should be around a 1080, right? or more like 1070 and the limited is closer to 1080?
Because 1080s can be found in the wild for around 450.

Assuming performance is inline with what people believe, the 64 air at 499 should be around a 1080, right? or more like 1070 and the limited is closer to 1080?

The Limited version is just a fancier collector's blower cooler. It should have the same clock-speeds as the regular air version, which, according to latest supposed leaks, is around a GTX 1080. If that's accurate, and I'm not saying it is, then Vega should still do better in async-compute situations.

These are the rumoured clock-speeds:
  • AMD Radeon RX Vega 64 Liquid: base 1406 MHz / boost 1677 MHz
  • AMD Radeon RX Vega 64 Limited: base 1247 MHz / boost 1546 MHz
  • AMD Radeon RX Vega 64: base 1247 MHz / boost 1546 MHz
https://videocardz.com/71393/amd-radeon-rx-vega-64-rumored-pricing-and-clocks

Last edited:
1080's for around $450??? Point me in the right direction.

Miners might leave this one alone for awhile because the power requirements. Electric bills might eat into the profit margins.

Reactions: Mize
like this
if nobody has review samples why is everyone under NDA......

They probably already have all the information on it or maybe were given some benchmarks? It doesn't sound like they have the cards ready yet for the public.

If they mine like Vega FX they'll be available for gamers. Way too inefficient (>300W for 33 MH/s Eth vs. 95W & 29 MH/s for GTX 1070).

[Edit: gigaxtreme1 beat me to this point]

So much this. Miners are really hurting the gamers.
It's called the free market.

It'd be nice to see AMD release some sort of non gaming line that rocks at the hash stuff so we dont' have to see the prices hike into the thousands shortly after launch.

Prices would be hiked regardless because AMD won't produce much quantity at first, and fanboys will pay the gouge prices.

I don't have a problem with the miners, the one's in there house mining with say 13 cards. It's the big ass farms that come in and buy 500 to 1000 video cards at a time. But there's more. There are the mom and pops online stores. The know when the mining kicks in. So they buy up stock of video cards and horde them until the prices go up. Then they list in there stores and on Ebay.

It's not just miners in China buying GPU silicon. They're not even the biggest single users. There are government labs and universities buying cards by the tens of thousands. And they're not just buying cheap ~230mm^2 RX580 class dies. They're buying big-ass >500mm^2 Titan, Quadro or Tesla cards. That is, in fact, the single biggest growth market in Nvidia/AMD's whole portfolio.

Also, you're confusing short term cycles with long term trends. Capacity is only constrained in th short term and can result in periods of shortage or oversupply. In the long run, capacity will be sufficient to satisfy demand.

Last edited:
another month before they become available.....2-3 months before 3rd party cooling and oc......bs
1st quarter 2018

Baditude I have seen stock 1080 squirrel cage card for as cheap as 450 on some sales from time to time...

"AMD appreciates the excitement and curiosity surrounding the Radeon Holocube. The Radeon Holocube was developed as a prototype and at this time, it is one of very few that exist in the world. The Holocube will not be shipping with Radeon RX Vega in August." - Official statement from AMD

:(

Bleh.....I really wanted AMD to kick the crap out of NV....if only to drive down NV prices. It looks like, AMD just wants to go head to head with the 1080. Bye bye hopes of a 1080ti dropping to around 500usd.

AMD will never ever again beat nVidia. That boat has left port. BUT as long as people have realistic expectations of AMD and AMD has realistic prices then I think they can still do very well.

But yes. .... 1080 performance for $499 sounds absolutely horrible. I see used 1080's all the time for $500

and nVidia is def the safer choice between the two if the prices are the same.

nVidia will also lower prices here shortly. Watch, I bet they do.

Reactions: ecktt
like this
AMD will never ever again beat nVidia. That boat has left port. BUT as long as people have realistic expectations of AMD and AMD has realistic prices then I think they can still do very well.

But yes. .... 1080 performance for $499 sounds absolutely horrible. I see used 1080's all the time for $500

i doubt it. 1080s and 1080 ti(s) are in short supply already.
If the rumors are right and volta is only a few months away, they'll just wait out the 3 months then kill off vega by lowering the prices across the board to make room for volta.
But don't worry, i hear navi is going to beat nvidia this time (/sarcasm)

I don't know, it has a certain home made feel to it. Or one of those early one off prototypes.

but it's not it's 1070 performance for 500 bucks based on clocks
  • AMD Radeon RX Vega 64 Liquid: base 1406 MHz / boost 1677 MHz = ~ 1080
  • AMD Radeon RX Vega 64 Limited: base 1247 MHz / boost 1546 MHz = 1070
  • AMD Radeon RX Vega 64: base 1247 MHz / boost 1546 MHz = 1070

Price seems right in line with performance expectations, but depending on how well this is at mining we may never see any of these at those prices.

also it's the same core as the FE and we know clocks pretty easy to set a FE to the same speeds and get benchmarks

we know FE @ 1600 falls between the 1070 and 1080

yeah NV probably will lower their prices just because. would really stick it to AMD.

I would have loved to buy this if it came close to Ti @ 600 USD but not going to pay that much for 1080 performance. going to wait until the Ti drops in price or wait for volta.

i have a 980ti aib currently

So it's price competitive with the 1080 even if there are small improvements to performance at stock. (5% or so)

As I said, "it doesn't have to be the fastest, just as long as it's price : performance pans out."

1080: $500
Vega 64 air: $500->$550

Looks like RTG did the smart thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
but it's not it's 1070 performance for 500 bucks based on clocks
  • AMD Radeon RX Vega 64 Liquid: base 1406 MHz / boost 1677 MHz = ~ 1080
  • AMD Radeon RX Vega 64 Limited: base 1247 MHz / boost 1546 MHz = 1070
  • AMD Radeon RX Vega 64: base 1247 MHz / boost 1546 MHz = 1070

It was between 1070 and 1080 with old stock drivers on the FE.

So if it matches 1080 on stock drivers stock clock, then it's a win for $500 (Win as in they can match NVIDIA in price : performance)

We'll have to wait for the first reviews to be absolutely sure. I can't wait for Kyle to give us the skinny good or bad.

Back