AMD RX 5700 Series Reportedly Enter EOL - No Longer Manufactured

erek

[H]F Junkie
"Interestingly, it appears that the RX 5600 XT is still being manufactured - it's likely AMD reduced manufacturing of Navi 10 so as to feed only this GPU, which should, as such, remain in the market for a little while until AMD launches an RDNA 2 equivalent - if those are the company's plans. TSMC capacity is freed for additional wafers for other AMD product requirements - which, with both Zen 3, next-gen consoles, and RDNA 2 all launching between the same time frame - should tend towards infinity."

https://www.techpowerup.com/272868/amd-rx-5700-series-reportedly-enter-eol-no-longer-manufactured

Honestly, I'd love to get my hands on an RX 5300 on the cheap. They just aren't findable.

Like the RTX cards, the RDNA1.0 cards haven't sold very well. Even before EOL the 5700 and 5700XT were nearly identical in price, probably because nobody was buying them. The 5600XT is the worst offender as it shouldn't exist at $280. I believe that AMD won't have a RDNA2.0 replacement for these cards, at least not in that price range. It wouldn't shock me if AMD just rebrands the 5700 cards as 6600 with a slightly higher clock.

Like the RTX cards, the RDNA1.0 cards haven't sold very well. Even before EOL the 5700 and 5700XT were nearly identical in price, probably because nobody was buying them. The 5600XT is the worst offender as it shouldn't exist at $280. I believe that AMD won't have a RDNA2.0 replacement for these cards, at least not in that price range. It wouldn't shock me if AMD just rebrands the 5700 cards as 6600 with a slightly higher clock.
It depends on whether or not AMD wants to have RTX capable video cards in their full stack. nVidia more or less does, at least as far down as the 2060. I would imagine that AMD wants to be able to compete head to head.
We'll find out at the end of October, either way.

Last edited:
it could be. you could say the same thing about anything not top of the stack

it could be. you could say the same thing about anything not top of the stack
What do you mean? Companies will sometimes bin/deactive parts of a chip to make lower end cards. Companies will sometimes use completely different dies.

Back