AMD RX 550 memory not ramping after sleep

I just got this card (doing a low-profile card round up thing):
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod...14137148&cm_re=amd_550-_-14-137-148-_-Product

The first round of benchmarking looked really good for the setup that I'm running. I came back today and all of my scores were about half of what they were yesterday. After watching GPUz, I noticed that after the computer wakes from sleep that the RAM does not clock up to its proper speed during 3D; it stays at the idle speed. The GPU clocks properly. After rebooting, everything works properly. I've tried 3 other AMD cards and one nVidia in this computer and have not seen anything like this previously.

Has anyone else seen similar behavior with AMD RX 550 cards?

I have a RX 550 and a Ryzen 1700 on my gaming server.

Yesterday I was playing on the server when it suddenly lost connection. Can't ping it, and when I connect the monitor it shows a black screen.

So it's probably a graphics driver problem.

Just wanted to post an update after about 6 months. I haven't used the card much. I've tried it in two other systems and multiple driver revisions with the same result (thanks for suggesting system incompatibility shitty MSI support). I found that the issue can arise after simply letting the monitor sleep (as opposed to the full computer sleep).
Seems to be similar to the issues reported here:
https://community.amd.com/thread/203707

Last edited:
Posting a final update here. I wound up trying the card in a total of 8 systems (i5/i7 (2nd through 6th gen) /AMD A10) with even more driver revisions, and the card exhibited the same problem. Ram would not increase clock speed after sleep. So I RMAed the card and the replacement card does the exact same thing (and they neglected to send a card back with the low profile bracket, pissing me off even further). This seems to be a defective product. No more MSI cards for me!

In a related topic, does anyone know how to edit video BIOSes' minimal mem clock speeds?

Back