AMD, Roy Taylor, the Nano, and the Press @ [H]

I am confused by what czerro is trying to say.

He's saying the unveiling was fabricated by wccf, mad at [H] for linking it, attacks Kyle personally, and wonders why nVidia is "allowed to get away" with something he thinks the press fabricated (for what reason?) that nVidia had nothing to do with and he says never happened? Or nVidia is in cahoots with wccf?

What's everyone's motive in this whole scheme? And let's say he's right and it never happened, why would we give a shit since the majority of [H] only cares about real - rubber meets the road - type of performance?

He's saying it's been fabricated by the wccf, mad at [H] for linking it, attacks Kyle personally, and wonders why nVidia is "allowed to get away" with something he thinks the press fabricated (for what reason?) that nVidia had nothing to do with and he says never happened? Or nVidia is in cahoots with wccf?

What's everyone's motive in this whole scheme? And let's say it's all right anyways, why would we give a shit since the majority of [H] only cares about real - rubber meets the road - type of performance?

I say blame Brent. Since he didn't hang up on AMD it is all his fault!

If there wasn't someone already with the Successfully Trolled by Megalith title, you'd be a contender. :eek::D;)

Translation:

GET WRECKED, KID!
tumblr_m0l5r2dihv1ror62vo1_400.gif

He's saying the unveiling was fabricated by wccf, mad at [H] for linking it, attacks Kyle personally, and wonders why nVidia is "allowed to get away" with something he thinks the press fabricated (for what reason?) that nVidia had nothing to do with and he says never happened? Or nVidia is in cahoots with wccf?

What's everyone's motive in this whole scheme? And let's say he's right and it never happened, why would we give a shit since the majority of [H] only cares about real - rubber meets the road - type of performance?

It's a fascinating psychological study of the thought process of the butthurt fanboy.

Fanboy rant: [H] had unkind words for the SECOND paper launch of the Nano. How rude! Well, this is a worse-than-paper launch, it's a vapor launch by nVidia! Why doesn't [H] criticize them even more! Bias! Shill! Lackey! Ack!!!

Logical response: It wasn't a launch at all. It was a rumor. [H] didn't write a glowing article about it. They posted a link to a rumor that they knew would be of interest to their readership.

Fanboy rant: Kyle threw a hissy when he didn't get a free Nano, cause he's nothing but a cheeto-stained basement dweller who posts reviews to get free hardware. But nVidia didn't even invite him to this super-secret launch event, and he's writing a fawning article about it! The hypocrite! Bias! Shill! Lackey! Ack!!!

Logical response: Many of the smaller review sources throughout Internet history have consisted of nothing more than a cheeto-stained basement dweller who posts reviews to get free hardware. [H] is not such a source. I doubt that even many of those sources got much satisfaction, since review sites don't get to keep pre-launch review samples. For AMD not to send a sample to the best review site on the Net was a ridiculous, petty, futile, self-defeating stab at anti-publicity by a company that is in serious trouble. And to repeat, on the nVidia rumor topic, there was no article, and no launch.

Czerro is grasping at straws. He thinks he has the ultimate burn and is delighted to whip it out. But he is gleefully unaware that not only has he brought a knife to a gunfight, but the knife is a rubber prop, and everyone but him can see it. Cue sad trombone.

Now one should recognize that at least in the Nano case, once the cards hit the streets they are rather plentiful and a good hard launch which occurred quickly after the AMD called paper launch. So good for AMD on this release.

AMD should just next time delay any announcement for a straight hard launch later which in the Nano case was not long at all. At least that would save some writing time for Kyle for something tangible, as in another piece of hardware.

Interesting. I just now read the news from the weekend. No clue what is going on there. I spent my weekend in Texas. :)

LOL, everyone is trying so desperately to make me out as a maniac.

Simply this: Nobody can confirm NVIDIA showed anything. It makes no sense that NVIDIA possibly has anything. HardOCP confirms they were not at this unveiling.

Sad trombone for you Commander Suzal. Dear god, you have a military ranking for yourself?

Kyle was mad he didn't receive hardware to review, because in his eyes it demeans his site.

That's actually fair. AMD should have given out the hardware to everyone. PR guy is an ahole, though i'm not even sure he is responsible for this.

Fast forward to today when Kyle is blowing up his front page about an amazing NVIDIA demonstration. Of course, he wasn't there, nobody can confirm it took place, any research suggest absolute bullocks.

Man, what a MANIAC I am for doing the BAREST of research.

Regardless of NDA someone can dig something up on this, correct? It didn't happen. Someone might want to get in touch with the fabs because they are WAY behind on a thing they haven't heard they are making...

Kyle has said multiple times that he was not mad that he didn't get a sample. True or not who can say for sure except for you who appears to have some psychic connection and can read his mind. Show me where Kyle blew up his front page about an amazing Nvidia demonstration that he wasn't there for. The weekend news guy (Megalith) made a post about a rumored demonstration taking place in New York hosted by Nvidia and that was it. Nobody from [H]ard OCP posted anything other than that. There was nobody from [H] saying how amazing it is or was. Maybe you should you know read the thread in the front page news section it may help to prevent looking like even more of an ass:D
Putting an emoticon there so the moderators can tell I'm joking around and wouldn't even think of calling you an idiot.

Kyle was mad he didn't receive hardware to review, because in his eyes it demeans his site.

That's actually fair. AMD should have given out the hardware to everyone. PR guy is an ahole, though i'm not even sure he is responsible for this.

Fast forward to today when Kyle is blowing up his front page about an amazing NVIDIA demonstration. Of course, he wasn't there, nobody can confirm it took place, any research suggest absolute bullocks.

Regardless of NDA someone can dig something up on this, correct? It didn't happen. Someone might want to get in touch with the fabs because they are WAY behind on a thing they haven't heard they are making...

Had you actually read my words on the subject, you would know I was not "mad" about the Nano not being sampled. Also, no, I in no way think not being sampled demeans HardOCP.

"Blowing up the front page?" It was a single news post as we often post.

We said nothing about it being "amazing." This is what we said.... "What could Nvidia be hiding up their sleeve?"

I would not call you a "maniac," I would suggest however that you might be a bit out of touch with what was actually posted by HardOCP. We link to rumors on other sites all the time. Lots of readers like that sort of information.

LOL, everyone is trying so desperately to make me out as a maniac.

Simply this: Nobody can confirm NVIDIA showed anything. It makes no sense that NVIDIA possibly has anything. HardOCP confirms they were not at this unveiling.

Sad trombone for you Commander Suzal. Dear god, you have a military ranking for yourself?

Good lord man, what the fuck is wrong with you?

I would hope Roy uses more restraint in his social media endeavors this time haha.

*Update - apart from the recent September 2015 tweets, his last tweet before that was on Dec 8 2014.
Looks like this account is focused on VR.

I would hope Roy uses more restraint in his social media endeavors this time haha.

*Update - apart from the recent September 2015 tweets, his last tweet before that was on Dec 8 2014.
Looks like this account is focused on VR.

Based on skimming his old tweets, the guy seems like a massive douchebag.

Back