amd rma

fireburster

[H]ard|Gawd
I need to rma my opteron 144. It says on their web that i have to call. I did that and she said my serial needed to be checked because it has 2 letters in it and it should have one. Well that was monday. I bought this retail with warrenty but they seem to be not wanting to hurry this any. Should i just keep calling them?

Biostar seems to be doing the same to me with my board also. I have emailed them and requested and rma for the last 2 weeks. Nothing.

First off... Call Biostar if you can (if they're located in another country just FILL their inbox with emails. I'm serious).

Your AMD processor is warranted through AMD only, unless it was DOA or failed within a few days. Keep Calling them.

Where'd you buy these pieces?

The only AMD RMA I ever tried failed. After messing with them forever they opened a case and explained that I would be contacted in the next few days to return the CPU for testing. If it failed then they would replace.

They never called and when I called back they acted like I was crazy and they had never spoken with me.

I'm glad I work in a computer store that is a registered AMD dealer/partner. Last CPU I had to send back, the replacement CPU was advance overnighted (I think) to us. :p

I hate the font and font sizes some of these companies use for their serial numbers. The O/0, 6/8/G are hard to tell apart sometimes.

Back