AMD Rembrandt scores appearing online

Lakados

[H]F Junkie
Yeah, we can only hope for good availability and more importantly, a reasonable cost.

I remember when AMD APUs were cheap affordable solutions for general purpose machines. The last APU machine I built for a customer, the 5600G was like $300 alone after tax, and I was barely able to get it.

Wonder if any of these APUs will have the stacked vcache on them. That would be verrrrry interesting

Wonder if any of these APUs will have the stacked vcache on them. That would be verrrrry interesting
Probably not. Would end up being too expensive for the target market for those APUs.

Oh yeah baby, this is gonna be an Emulation MONSTER!

ExcellentCharmingAfricanporcupine-size_restricted.gif

Probably not. Would end up being too expensive for the target market for those APUs.
Considering GPUs are unobtaium the future could very well be fusion for for low end game systems and emus. Think series X with a real OS and give it a pile of cache.

For the longest time I wanted to see a product with HBM on the same package. The closet we ever saw was the intel/amd collaboration kaby lake g
https://en.wikichip.org/wiki/intel/cores/kaby_lake_g

at the time I thought it was the beginning of things to come. But in he years since, nothing similar ever materialized

Considering GPUs are unobtaium the future could very well be fusion for for low end game systems and emus. Think series X with a real OS and give it a pile of cache.
A. a series X isn't "low end"

B. GPUs even down to the 1660 or equivalent -- are desirable and sell out QUICK. A comparable APU would be equally difficult to get because

1. equal graphics performance means equal desirability

2. its gonna come from the same exact place as AMD CPUs and GPUs which means----equally low supply

3. equal desirability means equal reason for scalpers to snatch it up with bots/alerts/etc creating more or less equal situation of low availability and shit pricing.

We won't be getting out of this until AMD can make so many chips that it mostly nullifies the bots and scalping.

For the longest time I wanted to see a product with HBM on the same package. The closet we ever saw was the intel/amd collaboration kaby lake g
https://en.wikichip.org/wiki/intel/cores/kaby_lake_g

at the time I thought it was the beginning of things to come. But in he years since, nothing similar ever materialized

I had one of those, the driver situation was a mess but it was a nice box HADES CANYON.

GPUs even down to the 1660 or equivalent -- are desirable and sell out QUICK. A comparable APU would be equally difficult to get

Fyi, Rembrandt igpu supposed to as powerful as upcoming MX550 (2gb version of 1650 !?)

https://www.hardwaretimes.com/amd-rembrandt-igpu-faster-than-nvidias-mx550-mobile-dgpu-rumor/

in TimeSpy the MX550 is limited to just 2,510.
In comparison purposes, a recently leaked Rembrandt score shows AMD’s next-gen RDNA 2 integrated graphics scoring over 2,700 points

Back