AMD Releases Resident Evil 2 Recommended Settings

cageymaru

Fully [H]
AMD has released its recommended settings for Resident Evil 2. Resident Evil 2 is out on PC and consoles today!

Capcom's Resident Evil 2 has arrived--are you ready to take on the viral outbreak in Raccoon City? Get Resident Evil 2 when you purchase an AMD Radeon graphics card with the Raise the Game.

I wanted to like this game. I was a huge fan of the original PS1 games (especially RE3) as well as a fan of the franchise in general. However, I tried the 30 minute demo on Steam.

In my opinion, Leon runs like a 450 pound smoker with heart disease and a broken ankle.

Plays pretty well on my RX 580 at 1440p in DX11 on high settings, Im usually able to cap my 75hz freesync refresh rate but in areas with lots of lighting,effects & on screen characters it drops into the 50's, its not as jarring as a FPS would be though.

Hmm. I just slammed all the settings to maximum and called it a morning. However I then left and only played the very beginning.

I have it up and running on my Ryzen 1400 / RX 570 8gb with level 2 textures in DX 12 as level 3 was 7.41 of vram needed .. seems the RTX 2060 grand surprise

I have it up and running on my Ryzen 1400 / RX 570 8gb with level 2 textures in DX 12 as level 3 was 7.41 of vram needed .. seems the RTX 2060 grand surprise

From my experience I believe their vram counter in the settings is absolutely broken. Also, try DX11 myself and others noted during the 30 minute demo that DX12 greatly reduced performance. (I experienced major stuttering even with freesync)

Back