AMD Releases Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.5.1 Driver

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
Looks like red and green are on the same page today: AMD has also released new drivers for Prey, which bumps up performance a couple percent and adds multi GPU profile support. Visit the release page here for the goods.

Fixed Issues:
  • Fixed an issue that may sometimes cause the error message "1603" during uninstall.
  • Radeon Settings may sometimes fail to update through the auto Radeon Software update feature.
  • Forza Horizon 3 may experience minor graphics corruption in some game maps.
  • Sid Meier's Civilization VI may experience an application crash when using Hybrid Graphics system configurations and windowed game mode.
  • Radeon WattMan may fail to apply settings on some Radeon R9 390 series graphics products.
  • Added switchable graphics support for Unigine Superposition for XConnect and Hybrid Graphics.

Did they remove the desktop shortcut (Quake beta I believe) introduced in the last update?

Did they remove the desktop shortcut (Quake beta I believe) introduced in the last update?
Yes. They actually removed it a day after it was released.
Now thats listening to their customers, not like another company that insist in installing their telemetry crap every time they update their drivers.

It was literally a link to the website to sign up for the beta. They should've just added it as an advertisement on the interface or the install screen like Nvidia does, this would've shut everyone up instead of everyone crying "OH NO THEY'RE INSTALLING ADWARE ON MY PC" it was a link for crying out loud.

yay they finally fixed the Forza issue. Now to check the Turn 10 forums to find out if they *really* fixed it so I don't have roll these back again ;)

EDIT: nope apparently game still takes forever to load (~11 minutes). Guess I'll stick with my trusty 17.2's

Last edited:
OMFG. They claim to have fixed Watt man on 390 cards. I might actually be able to plug my second GPU back in finally.

Looks like red and green are on the same page today: AMD has also released new drivers for Prey, which bumps up performance a couple percent and adds multi GPU profile support. Visit the release page here for the goods.

Fixed Issues:
  • Fixed an issue that may sometimes cause the error message "1603" during uninstall.
  • Radeon Settings may sometimes fail to update through the auto Radeon Software update feature.
  • Forza Horizon 3 may experience minor graphics corruption in some game maps.
  • Sid Meier's Civilization VI may experience an application crash when using Hybrid Graphics system configurations and windowed game mode.
  • Radeon WattMan may fail to apply settings on some Radeon R9 390 series graphics products.
  • Added switchable graphics support for Unigine Superposition for XConnect and Hybrid Graphics.

Hey have that problem with my system. I'll just let it up date. Ohh, wait................

Back