AMD Releases Radeon Software Adrenalin 20.8.3

erek

[H]F Junkie
"AMD late Thursday released the latest Radeon Software Adrenalin software. Version 20.8.3 beta comes with optimization for "Marvel's Avengers" (the game), "Project CARS 3," and "Fortnite" (DirectX 12 mode in Epic setting now yields a 12% uplift as tested on an RX 5700 XT). The drivers also add four new Vulkan API extensions, VK_EXT_extended_dynamic_state, VK_EXT_private_data, VK_EXT_image_robustness, and VK_GOOGLE_user_type.

Among the fixed issues are an application crash with "Mortar Shell" when opening the inventory window in-game, issues with enabling HDR on FreeSync 2 displays, and application crash with "Surviving Mars" on RX 5000 series graphics, a start-up crash with "eFootball PES 2020," Radeon Overlay not being available in a hybrid graphics system when in-game with "Hyper Scape," a stuttering issue with CS:GO with certain applications running in the background; and compatibility issues with YouTube playback on Microsoft Edge player or Chrome on certain Ryzen 3000 and Ryzen 4000 machines.

DOWNLOAD: AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin 20.8.3"

https://www.techpowerup.com/271470/amd-releases-radeon-software-adrenalin-20-8-3

AMD will continue to monitor and investigate any new reports of black screen or system hang issues during extended periods of gameplay closely. Users are encouraged to use the new Bug Reporting Tool for any issues they may encounter.
This was the last bullet point, but should have been the top priority.

Its the silicon... I had one black screen once a day and the other never black screen ever, at the same time, on the same rig.

These drivers on the other hand cause screen flicker when polling on MSI afterburner.

Last edited:
I dumped MSI Afterburner, nothing but headaches. I just use wattman for overclocking and some fan control software that does 100% better than the fan control in wattman (really, how hard is it to get real fan control AMD!!). I will probably wait a few days before upgrading but my cards are mostly older and these updates don't do much for or against me.

Just get AMD Memory Tweak or something like it and clock with it. MSI Afterburner is too old and lack of fine tuning... To use slider for clocking all P1-P7 states are ridiculous.
The Wattman is far better in clocking than MSI Afterburner too.
I use Afterburner but only for monitoring.

Back