AMD Releases New Chipset Drivers

rgMekanic

[H]ard|News
Just one day after the 2nd Generation Ryzen processor launch, AMD is now releasing updated chipset drivers for all AM4 chipsets, as well as X399. In addition they have also released the AMD RAID installer, as well as AMD StoreMI software for the new X470 chipset. You can grab the new drivers and software here.

Anxious to hear any tests thoughts, tests, and opinions. Especially on high-end X370's from the big guys.

Anxious to hear any tests thoughts, tests, and opinions. Especially on high-end X370's from the big guys.

I can tell ya cheapo b350 can run a 2700X..
I would not guarantee the VRM would be happy over 2 years.

I've been running a 1700 on a cheapo board and 3.9ghz oc is no issue for a year.

Cheapo boards: work, performance is there, reliability at 1y ++ is questionable.
My comment is; if you have anything over trash you are perfectly fine for the next generation cpu's at stock.
If you do not have any AM4 motherboard and you think of b350\x370 instead of x470; maybe wait till you know you will get a motherboard with bios pre-installed for ryzen 2000 series.
if you run custom loop and aim for 4.35 all core go to the big boys, buildzoid have lots of VRM in depth video's and coupled with user experience reviews online you should find exactly what you need with this info :)

Nico, I dont even need another rig, but I really feel like getting a Ryzen 2 + X470 mobo, just for the fight!

Maybe Ryzen 2 will give less of a fight then Ryzen's release BIOS problems.

MSI Carbon x399, 1920 threadripper @3700. 32 GB Patriot 3400 Ram, Asus Strix Vega 64 stock speed, 34 inch LG WS @ 3440x1440 freesync. (replaced an EGVA 1080 SC v2 to see what would happen.)

Installed this chip set driver, Installed the latest video driver from AMD, 18340.

I can say the Vega is equal to or slightly faster than the 1080. Wolfenstein is smooth, very smooth. I put the 1080 in my wife's system. The red guys did good.

I can tell ya cheapo b350 can run a 2700X..
I would not guarantee the VRM would be happy over 2 years.

I've been running a 1700 on a cheapo board and 3.9ghz oc is no issue for a year.

Cheapo boards: work, performance is there, reliability at 1y ++ is questionable.
My comment is; if you have anything over trash you are perfectly fine for the next generation cpu's at stock.
If you do not have any AM4 motherboard and you think of b350\x370 instead of x470; maybe wait till you know you will get a motherboard with bios pre-installed for ryzen 2000 series.
if you run custom loop and aim for 4.35 all core go to the big boys, buildzoid have lots of VRM in depth video's and coupled with user experience reviews online you should find exactly what you need with this info :)
I meant more specifically how some of the new bios's/chip-set drivers were doing. I have a x370 and x1700, but I don't like to jump on new releases without seeing how more adventurous folks have discovered :)

I meant more specifically how some of the new bios's/chip-set drivers were doing. I have a x370 and x1700, but I don't like to jump on new releases without seeing how more adventurous folks have discovered :)

B350m-A a-ok on 2700X, X370 Prime something a-ok, nothing wrong.

Same bios on an 1700 for the b350m-a is dead, 4008 bios is dead for me, 3803 is good for ryzen 1000, so currently it seems 2000 series use latest bios, previous use 3000 bios for asus specifically.

When I mean dead, Ram isn't too happy and OC of cpu was almost impossible, 2000 series worked fine

Back