AMD Raven Ridge Performance Leaks - APU with GeForce MX150 Performance

Speaking of the Iris Pro, is it finally getting traction, just as Intel has stopped bothering with it.

And there is this

http://wccftech.com/amd-ryzen-5-2500u-raven-ridge-apu-with-radeon-vega-m-gpu-spotted/

Hp Envy x360 will have a R5 2500 APU, coming "this year". Can't wait, performance looks pretty good so far. Hopefully this will breathe some life into a potentially decent sub $500 gaming laptop.

I do wish AMD would give up on shared memory though and just throw 2 GB of ram on die. How much could that cost? $20?

I'm currently looking for a "low end" gaming laptop (discrete graphics a must right now) and I haven't seen one I would touch for less than $700, and that was with a GTX 960m which is not the greatest or more $ for GTX 1050. Always seems to be some compromise... this one has good specs but a TN screen (for me, IPS or GTFO), another one has a good screen but crappy intel graphics, etc etc

Last edited:
Not a single OEM will ship these CPUs with dual channel RAM, making the video performance half of what it could be.

I have the Lenovo 320 ideapad with the 7th Gen A12 (9720 with R7 gpu) It came with 8Gb of DDR4 1866Mhz and can be upgrade to 16Gb , the issue is 512Mb is allocated for gpu and no way to change it , but I do play WoT with med settings and it gets around 30-40fps and make a great hotel rig for $329 .

I also bought an Acer with the 7th Gen A9 with 6Gb of DDR4 and it plays WoT @low setting for around 30-40 fps and plays Word of Warship about the same.

but I am in love with my Ryzen 1400 the most..

My wife is still running an E-350 Brazos netbook. This is certainly her next upgrade.

I'd love one for potential 1080p60hz gaming /w my wife; her laptop is long in the tooth (plus I don't have a non-work laptop... )

I'd love one for potential 1080p60hz gaming /w my wife; her laptop is long in the tooth (plus I don't have a non-work laptop... )

1080p 60hz on a laptop APU would be something. But I'm not getting my hopes up that high just yet. I'd be happy to see high settings at 30fps 1080p with an APU that was under $500, I mean those are PS4/XBone numbers. In a cheap laptop, that would be pretty cool.

1080p 60hz on a laptop APU would be something. But I'm not getting my hopes up that high just yet. I'd be happy to see high settings at 30fps 1080p with an APU that was under $500, I mean those are PS4/XBone numbers. In a cheap laptop, that would be pretty cool.

We'd be playing something super scalable like Overwatch so I can hope :)

I'm all about FPS so I'd turn it down a bit if needed

We'd be playing something super scalable like Overwatch so I can hope :)

I'm all about FPS so I'd turn it down a bit if needed

Overwatch? Yeah I can see that, it is not a technically demanding game.

Speaking of "not technically demanding" you should see the ancient crap my wife is playing on our laptop. Old puzzle games like Myst and the like. They barely run on modern system, if I had know that was going to happen, I would have kept one of the ancient Dell laptops that ran XP.

Not a single OEM will ship these CPUs with dual channel RAM, making the video performance half of what it could be.

yeah that's the sad truth these days.. but luckily laptop ram isn't all that expensive when you're looking at just adding a single stick to get dual channel. now the manufactures that go the extra mile to make sure you can't add a second stick of ram piss me off.

Back