AMD Radeon VII Unboxing and Teardown Video @ [H]

AMD.com has stock as of this posting.

I want to make the purchase, I'm leaning towards it as coming from a Vega 64 I'll see a nice bump in performance.
But, it's not a critical need for better performance.
Would be nice...

Change my mind Kyle! :p:LOL::cat:

AMD.com has stock as of this posting.

I want to make the purchase, I'm leaning towards it as coming from a Vega 64 I'll see a nice bump in performance.
But, it's not a critical need for better performance.
Would be nice...

Change my mind Kyle! :p:LOL::cat:

Did AMD produce the next batch of 5000 cards?

They must be bleeding red with every card they sell

SO ??????????

Did the tear down kill the card since we haven't seen a review here yet.

no the tear down was done on the second card, Brent had a different card. something else happened that caused everything to need to be re-tested.

no the tear down was done on the second card, Brent had a different card. something else happened that caused everything to need to be re-tested.

OMG, that would be a vein popping window shattering scream of frustration right there.....
usually followed by the wife asking what the matter....over and over usually at that point i am unable to speak and just throw shit and make animal sounds.

It wouldn't surprise me if Brent had that driver well before you and could well have used it for his review. Kyle has said he had already been in discussions with AMD about some issues.

It wouldn't surprise me if Brent had that driver well before you and could well have used it for his review. Kyle h as said he had already been in discussions with AMD about some issues.
Nope.

Ok thanks for clearing that one up. I was hoping Brent would have much better luck with his review. But that driver doesn't instill much confidence. Still looking forward to reading what he has to say though.
Can't review with what we don't have. AMD just got all the perf optimizations rolled into the fixed driver.

Kyle my card is coming straight from AMD tomorrow. With the Valentines Day new driver release all the major performance issues have been addressed. Undervolting works great and significantly lowers fan noise and speeds. Now one can successfully overclock the GPU to at least 2000mhz . HBM2 can now be overclocked to 1150mhz. These improvements merit a second round of reviews . I believe there will be more games where Radeon will be neck and neck and more where they will surpass RTX 2080 . Hope you can have another review up next week and have a thorough reexamination. Thanks.

I'm guessing AMD should have released with it then. As I pointed out in the other thread you're pleading in, if AMD can't get a product out the door without getting the drivers right, why do all the hardware reviewers have to spend extra resources to retest?

I'm guessing AMD should have released with it then. As I pointed out in the other thread you're pleading in, if AMD can't get a product out the door without getting the drivers right, why do all the hardware reviewers have to spend extra resources to retest?
It’s very simple. They don’t have to, they can review a card as it released and leave it at that.

They can choose to though, in an effort to keep their readers informed and able to make decisions based on the most accurate information.

I’m pretty sure I’ve seen [H] postpone card reviews (talking about AIB cards released post launch non reference so it is a different situation) before when a new/improved driver dropped partway through testing. They don’t have to but they do because they pride on being informative and accurate.

Back