AMD Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.5.2 Drivers are Now Available

cageymaru

Fully [H]
Terry Makedon and the AMD driver team have delivered on their promise to create a driver that addresses the NieR:Automata white screen bug that kept AMD RX 480 and RX 580 owners from progressing in the game. Also they have addressed the extra long loading times in Forza Horizon 3 and a few other issues. Tip of the hat to them as I've been waiting awhile for both fixes! Also Prey seems to have gotten another performance boost with this driver.

• Support For
  • Prey. Up to 4.5% performance improvement measured on Radeon RX 580 8GB graphics when compared to Radeon Software Crimson ReLive edition 17.5.1

Fixed Issues
  • NieR™: Automata may experience a random hang or application crash after short periods of gameplay.
  • Forza™ Horizon 3 may experience very long map/launch load times.
  • The primary display adapter may sometimes appear disabled in Radeon Settings while driving a display from the linked adapter in Multi GPU system configurations.
  • Radeon RX 550 series graphics products may experience a system hang when entering sleep or hibernate modes.

Known Issues
  • Virtual Super Resolution may fail to enable on some Radeon RX 400 and Radeon RX 500 series graphics products.
  • The Display feature in Radeon Settings "GPU Scaling" may not function for some games.
  • A small amount of apps may still experience issues with Borderless Fullscreen mode and AMD FreeSync™ technology if other applications or game launchers are running on the primary screen in the background.

I miss the times when hardwar sites would test for image quality/correctness. when i see all these driver optimization i always wonder if they degraded picture quality.

I miss the times when hardwar sites would test for image quality/correctness. when i see all these driver optimization i always wonder if they degraded picture quality.

Well the Prey game seems to have had a few hiccups from launch. I think there was a patch that enabled shadows on certain hardware. Prey just got a 1.03 beta today. Most of these software companies are recruiting paying customers to QC troubleshoot their games. :) I believe that call it the PreOrder system. :asshat::asshat::asshat:

Reactions: MTDEW
like this
It is Bethesda (Prey) right, that would mean that their review policy is same day as launch so reviewers won't have the change of running into "problems".

They've been doing good with drivers lately, only thing I'm waiting on is a way to shoot wattman in the face.

They've been doing good with drivers lately, only thing I'm waiting on is a way to shoot wattman in the face.

Considering what you have listed in your signature, I cannot see where you would have any issues with Wattman. If you are using Afterburner, that is on them to fix it to work with the new stuff, if that is the problem. (Good luck getting the individual person who created it to acknowledge it though, he blames AMD and refuses to do anything about it until he is forced to.)

Considering what you have listed in your signature, I cannot see where you would have any issues with Wattman. If you are using Afterburner, that is on them to fix it to work with the new stuff, if that is the problem. (Good luck getting the individual person who created it to acknowledge it though, he blames AMD and refuses to do anything about it until he is forced to.)

Yeah, thats exactly the issue heh. I get that he won't fix it, but I do prefer to use afterburner (rainmeter requires it for GPU stats for one), so if I could have the choice to disable wattman for the time being I'd be pretty happy about it :)

Back