AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.4.1

HardOCP News

[H] News
AMD has released brand new Crimson Edition 16.4.1 drivers for all you Radeon owners out there. In addition to Oculus Rift and HTC Vive support, these drivers claim a 35% performance boost in Quantum Break on the Radeon R9 Fury X. Here's a list of known issues as weoo as resolved issues:

Resolved Issues
  • Frame rate capping issues experienced in some DirectX®12 applications is resolved.
  • Hitman™ may experience flickering when played in DirectX® 11 mode using high game shadow settings.

Known Issues
  • A few game titles may fail to launch or crash if the AMD Gaming Evolved overlay is enabled. A temporary workaround is to disable the AMD Gaming Evolved "In Game Overlay"
  • Need For Speed™ may experience poor scaling or flickering in AMD Crossfire™ mode. As a work around users can disable the profile through the Radeon™ Settings game manager.
  • The Division™ may experience flickering in AMD Crossfire™ mode.
  • Power efficiency toggle in Radeon™ Settings is showing up for some unsupported products.
  • XCOM2™ users may experience an application crash when using AMD Crossfire™ mode. As a work around please disable AMD Crossfire™ for the games profile in the Radeon™ Settings Gaming tab.
  • Some DX9 applications cannot disable AMD Crossfire™ mode through Radeon™ Settings.
  • A small subset of AMD Radeon™ R9 380 users may be experiencing slower than expected fan speeds. A work around is to raise your fan speeds through AMD Overdrive in Radeon™ Settings manually to a desired amount.
  • HDMI Scaling options may not be available in Radeon™ Settings on some system configurations.

jesus -- two official driver releases after "The Division" and they still can't get crossfire working?

I realize its not 100% AMD's fault, but c'mon, Crossfire worked great in the beta version.

Surprise release for me, I'll try them out!

jesus -- two official driver releases after "The Division" and they still can't get crossfire working?

I realize its not 100% AMD's fault, but c'mon, Crossfire worked great in the beta version.

Both The Division & War Thunder seem to use a gameworks technique AMD can't seem to sort out for Crossfire. Again both The Division & War Thunder worked GREAT in Crossfire before Gameworks was added, guess nvidia figured out a way to screw AMD good. I wouldn't expect Crossfire support for either game anytime soon.

Surprise release for me, I'll try them out!

Both The Division & War Thunder seem to use a gameworks technique AMD can't seem to sort out for Crossfire. Again both The Division & War Thunder worked GREAT in Crossfire before Gameworks was added, guess nvidia figured out a way to screw AMD good. I wouldn't expect Crossfire support for either game anytime soon.
This is becoming disheartening. That simply tacking on GW disables CF from a previous working state.

another reason i wont give nvidia money, they are assholes.

another reason i wont give nvidia money, they are assholes.

Stands to reason why some people who support them act as they do, assholes supporting assholes. All you're left with is a big pile of bullshit.

Tried the last set of VR drivers and evidently my videocard definitely has overheating issues with the drivers. I could not figure out why my PC kept shutting off, now I know why.

This is becoming disheartening. That simply tacking on GW disables CF from a previous working state.

If "tacking on" gameworks means replacing/modifying the main code path there shouldn't be any surprise unfortunately... It can only get worst where gameworks is involved.

It is sad that games simply don't have a GW on/off toggle to get rid if this BS. I think it is good that developers are trying to use new tech, but the fact it screws over a third of the market is lame.

Sadly I still get strange video corruption when having two instances, across different displays, of Chrome open. Only Chrome. Very strange. Works fine with IE and Edge.

Still won't play protected content (channels) in WMC on Win 10, same as 16.3.1. I'll have roll back again to 16.2.1, the last time it worked. I hope this isn't the end of driver updates or a choice between games and media. I wonder if anyone using Win 8.1 or Win 7 is having problems with WMC and protected content too.

probably not and WMC is not part of W10. you installed it so you should know that it is not official...

Try Metro Media Player Pro? It supports FreeSync from what I was told. You can find it in the Windows Store. There is a free version to try and I think I paid $1 for the Pro version upgrade a year ago I guess.

Try Metro Media Player Pro? It supports FreeSync from what I was told. You can find it in the Windows Store. There is a free version to try and I think I paid $1 for the Pro version upgrade a year ago I guess.

I believe WMC is the only one that supports protected content. Also, I tried 16.4.1 on my Win 7 drive on the same PC and it broke the DLNA chain too. So it's breaking WMC regardless of the Windows version for me. 16.2.1 works for both Win 7 and Win 10.

I understand it's not official for Win 10, but my guess it would break DLNA for Win 8.1 and 7 too.
I believe WMC is the only one that supports protected content. Also, I tried 16.4.1 on my Win 7 drive on the same PC and it broke the DLNA chain too. So it's breaking WMC regardless of the Windows version for me. 16.2.1 works for both Win 7 and Win 10.

there ya go. enter a complaint with AMD they might fix it.

Anyone have any idea if this release fixed the stupid OpenCL performance drop that appears to haunt everything after 16.2.X? I need the better performance, I am leaving ~5MH/s on the table per card ( roughly $1.7X combined) daily by using the 16.3.2 drivers...

I can't roll back any further since I was getting this strange chromatic distortion in VLC with any dark scenes in media...Anyone ever seen this before? It has nothing to with the settings on my HDTV, nor just VLC (happens in 3 other media programs).. 20160322_001611.jpg

Back