AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.2

Did not change for you. A very important distinction!

Also, AMD boycotting HardOCP sure deserved an editorial and lots of noise, even though it was a minor issue relative to lying about a card's actual specification to the whole industry and customers. But, hey, priorities and all that...

No, real world gameplay did not change at multiple resolutions which the card was meant for.

Yes, Roy Taylor and his bullshit absolutely deserved an editorial. If you actually read it, you will see that it was not focused on HardOCP. Take your fanboy goggles off just for a few minutes and read this again, rather than what all the forum posts said I said. Read what I said.

No Nano? No Problem! - AMD, Roy Taylor, the Nano, and the Press

780ti owners were sh*t on compared to 290x owners, and I suspect the exact same thing will happen to maxwell owners with all these games using asynch because they don't seem to be designed to handle graphics+compute workloads concurrently. Point and advantage to AMD. Of COURSE they should point that out, whether the games have dropped today or not.

Absolutely, I've been incredibly disappointed by how poorly my 780Ti has aged. Initially it was quite a bit faster than my 290x but not anymore. AMD has basically been pumping out performance improvements consistently from launch up to the present and it now actually provides a much better experience across the board. I have been dicking with apples-to-apples testing the last few weeks and the 290x performed better in TW3, Arkham Knight, MGS V and RotR.

After thinking about it the 290x is actually probably my favorite GPU I've owned in the last 15+ years and has had the longest "legs" of any previous card of mine. AMD has also made some great strides lately with crossfire.

I'm also looking forward to them getting their shit together on Linux finally cause nVidia is whipping their ass there no question. There is an incredible opportunity in that space for them, could easily be a market leader or THE premier Steam OS hardware partner. Combine Vulkan, GPUOpen, AMDGPU and SteamOS and they could offer an unrivalved hardware/software experience and end up with a very large portion of a potentially profitable market to themselves. Nobody can vertically integrate like they can currently, not Intel not nVidia. It's a natural progression, imo, from their current console ecosystem and immediately benefits their traditional RTG operations.

The above could also be a great target for the 200-300w HBM APU's in the pipeline. I would love for Valve and AMD to team up and create the definitive Steambox similar to Google and their Nexus partners.

Last edited:
Back