AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 15.11.1 Update

HardOCP News

[H] News
AMD has released the new Radeon Software Crimson Edition 15.11.1 update that addresses the overheating issues we told you about this weekend. Reading the patch notes, in addition to the overheating issue, this update contains a laundry list of UI and game fixes as well.

Resolved Issues with AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 15.11.1 Update
  • Star Wars™: Battlefront - Snow flickers in a few locations in the game
  • Star Wars™: Battlefront - Sky rendering may be broken in some game locations
  • Fallout 4 - The compass may flicker during gameplay on AMD Radeon R9 390 series products. We continue to investigate the issue with AMD Radeon R9 290 and AMD Radeon R9 295X2 series products
  • Star Wars™: Battlefront - Shadowy textures are visible around hills/structures/caves
  • Just Cause 3 - Texture corruption may be experienced during gameplay
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 - Poor AMD Crossfire™ performance may be experienced
  • The driver installation may fail while installing the ACP component
  • The font size in Chinese language installations may be too small
  • The label range values in some AMD Freesync™ installations may be incorrect
  • The Radeon Settings dropbox does not close when it is clicked on a second time
  • The AMD Overdrive™ fan settings is always set to ON after first edit on reboot
  • Language shows up as Chinese Simplified when Chinese Traditional is selected in Windows® 7
  • Radeon Settings crashes on the Display tab when cloning a display via HDMI on some notebooks
  • Overdrive™ fan speed is reset to Manual on exiting from a 3D game or application
  • Radeon Settings does not get upgraded in some install scenarios
  • AMD Overdrive™ cannot revert to default settings in some situations

Pretty impressed with the number of bug fixes, figured they would hotfix only the fan speed issue. Glad to see they fixed the FO4 compass flicker, my wife was complaining about that one :)

Edit: NVM. Flickering not fixed in FO4 on a 390...

Last edited:
Still don't see any fixes for WoWs. Pass until they fix it.

^^ Gotcha, didn't realize the person was referring to just that. :cool:

looks like now its only fixed for 390x, 390 pro still has the flicker...

I rolled back to the 15.11.1 Catalyst drivers. Too much hubbub about these new Crimson drivers plus World Of Warships was unplayable for me with the new Crimsons...

I rolled back to the 15.11.1 Catalyst drivers. Too much hubbub about these new Crimson drivers plus World Of Warships was unplayable for me with the new Crimsons...

Yep. WoWs is very broken under Crimson.

If I don't want to lose the game-specific settings I've put in the Crimson software I currently have installed, do I just install this new version over top of it?

Like the first crimson release, this driver does not respect the "Position Windows Taskbar" setting after a reboot with 3x1 Eyefinity.

As soon as I start the CP after a reboot the taskbar instantly positions itself where I left it.

Like the first crimson release, this driver does not respect the "Position Windows Taskbar" setting after a reboot with 3x1 Eyefinity.

As soon as I start the CP after a reboot the taskbar instantly positions itself where I left it.

I've had that issue with every driver release since they added the feature.

GPU-Z and Afterburner both report this driver version as 15.8 (9.14.10.01162), though Radeon Settings itself reports it as 15.30.1025.1001-151129a-2 which would seem to be correct.

In any case, I wasn't really having any fan issues (though I have a manual fan curve set by Afterburner), though I do have a flickering compass in Fallout 4, which is still present in this version on my HD 7950.

These drivers are garbage not only did they not fix AC4 the broke elite dangerous for me....drops frame rate around planets. But of course 14.4 drivers fix both....im not sure why anyone should upgrade

They're still doing the language detection wrong, apparently looking at the keyboard layout not the actual system language.

And of course, no way to change it within the control panel.

Sigh.

2560x1600 VSR is working well with these drivers on my old 7970. I've things from SweetFX piled on it too. FPS cap seems to be behaving properly as well. I've been gaming @ 1170|1600, that seems fine for most things with SMAA. I use a custom fan profile so the card peaks @75C.

Last edited:
Installed this driver with a fresh install of windows 10. So far everything is working as it should. :D

Only issue I'm having is youtube videos blacking out after a few minutes...maybe something else but this has been happening a few drivers back.

Try a fresh reinstall of the drivers. I had an issue with the extra settings that only appeared once. Went away with a fresh install.

Only issue I'm having is youtube videos blacking out after a few minutes...maybe something else but this has been happening a few drivers back.

I've been having issues with YT videos starting black and not displaying video until I refresh the page. Audio is fine. This is on my HTPC using just onboard video. Not sure if this is the same problem as you are having, but it may not be the drivers?

I've been having issues with YT videos starting black and not displaying video until I refresh the page. Audio is fine. This is on my HTPC using just onboard video. Not sure if this is the same problem as you are having, but it may not be the drivers?
that is exactly what's going on: audio works just fine but video goes black after a few minutes...I'm using firefox and donno what to do.

I use chrome so it isn't a browser issue. It also doesn't happen that often for me. Maybe 10% of the videos I watch show up black until I refresh.

My R9-290 under win10 is still unusable with 2 DVI + Displayport. I get 2d tearing after a day of sitting idle. 3d gaming crashes (any game). disabling the displayport output in the drivers fixes both issues. 2 DVI + displayport worked for over a year in win7+older drivers.

Booting linux with the opensource driver & sitting at the desktop = no tearing while all 3 monitors are connected...

Sure looks like crappy drivers to me.

My R9-290 under win10 is still unusable with 2 DVI + Displayport. I get 2d tearing after a day of sitting idle. 3d gaming crashes (any game). disabling the displayport output in the drivers fixes both issues. 2 DVI + displayport worked for over a year in win7+older drivers.

Booting linux with the opensource driver & sitting at the desktop = no tearing while all 3 monitors are connected...

Sure looks like crappy drivers to me.

I had the same issue with just 2x1440p panels, and I ended up just buying a different video card. Looks like the 2D profile doesn't clock high enough and as a result you get underflow corruption. I had a R9-290X, with 2x1080p no issues at all, once I upgraded the panels it didn't provide enough bandwidth with the memory clock profile.

I won't be upgrading to Crimson until they fix the Fallout compass glitch for my 290 :(

Back