cageymaru

Fully [H]
AMD has released new video card driver 18.8.2 for the launch of the games Strange Brigade and F1 2018. The driver fixes numerous issues in Far Cry 5 and Call of Duty: Black Ops 4. Although instability was fixed when using FRTC and Instant Replay together, Monster Hunter: World still has issues enabling FreeSync.

Radeon RX Vega Series graphics products may experience elevated memory clocks during system idle. Flickering may be observed on some displays when Radeon FreeSync is enabled with Radeon ReLive enabled and recording. Some DirectX12 gaming applications may experience instability while recording with Radeon ReLive on system configurations using Radeon R9 290 and Radeon R9 390 series graphics products."

I can only assume the wattman is "bundled" and forced part of the drivers, the last one they kind of seemed to not be "forced" is 16.8.3, though by not installing such one lost the ability to control things such as type of AA or amount of AF to use and video settings etc.

I really wish they did not do this...I miss catalyst where one pretty much had full control of gpu clock settings voltages and what you "forced it to" would stay where you set it, I have not had a similar expereince with Crimson or Adrenalin because no matter what I want it to be set to, it just does what it wants as far as clock speeds, voltages etc and wattman being an intrinsic part (that you do not have the choice of installing or not) prevents many much better 3rd party tools (e.g TRIXX or Afterburner) from handling things properly. :(

AI revolution! I hope that whatever AI that they are using in the second gen Ryzen chips trickles down to the 7nm Radeon platform. It would be nice to have a super stable OC without touching a thing.

I can only assume the wattman is "bundled" and forced part of the drivers, the last one they kind of seemed to not be "forced" is 16.8.3, though by not installing such one lost the ability to control things such as type of AA or amount of AF to use and video settings etc.

I really wish they did not do this...I miss catalyst where one pretty much had full control of gpu clock settings voltages and what you "forced it to" would stay where you set it, I have not had a similar expereince with Crimson or Adrenalin because no matter what I want it to be set to, it just does what it wants as far as clock speeds, voltages etc and wattman being an intrinsic part (that you do not have the choice of installing or not) prevents many much better 3rd party tools (e.g TRIXX or Afterburner) from handling things properly. :(
You have to enable wattman. By default it's off. It won't interfere with 3rd party apps, like afterburner.

Here we go again just got 18.81 going on my x360 r2500u with vega 8. Amd just loves to make its end users jump through hoops......and they got razor blades on the hoops....

Trixx broke with the driver changes 3+ months back for me and it hasn't seen an update in over a year. It could still change clocks but crashes and bad stuff happened until I uninstalled it. Sapphire should remove the page if they aren't going to keep it relevant. All of these tools should really be open source anyway. Keep the guts the same and just have users submit their own UI customization. Unfortunately, last I checked Rivatuner couldn't do that because of "proprietary" information that could be gleaned violating the NDAs the author is under.

Here we go again just got 18.81 going on my x360 r2500u with vega 8. Amd just loves to make its end users jump through hoops......and they got razor blades on the hoops....

Why do you insist on blaming AMD for issues with your OEM notebook? I get that you want custom day one driver's for your $600 notebook, but so does everyone else. It isn't AMD's fault that HP doesn't issue you a day one driver. You do not get day one drivers with an Intel "aPU" either. This has ALWAYS been the case with notebooks, as I remember modding ini files to install Geforce drivers back in the day. It just gets a little tiring to read the same thing over and over.

This used be a site for enthusiasts! Now It just seems to be a put down of almost anything I post. If you want to defend any chip or computer manufacturers that's your choice. Remember only thing they really care about is emptying your wallet. The reason I blame AMD, Intel or Nvidia is because they are ultimately responsible for their chips used by Oems, don't justify their inherent greed and laziness. Why DO YOU think Chip makers are not responsible? Is Intel not being blamed for security holes or Nvidia for game performance?. Are you offended because I lay the blame a chip maker? I'll jump on any chip maker or OEM that do second rate support. Are we as consumers now been sold enough hype to accept substandard as the norm? Sorry my T shirt says consumer from HELL........ I'm 67 years old and that's my OPINION.....

Back