AMD Radeon RX 5950 XT - Finally a 2080 Ti Killer

Nobody? I see these sort of BS posts extremely frequently and almost all the thread is people saying NOT THIS SITE AGAIN

You cant justify despotism sorry. No argument you have justifies it. Good thing you're not a mod because this site would die overnight as soon as you start becoming the ministry of public thought control.

Now on topic as per rules, I'm very excited to see a competetive, albeit late, product to the 2080ti. Sure this is like Ryzen 1. It fell behind but came close. Let's see what the Ryzen 2 equivalent of GPU will be and finally the Ryzen 3 level in GPU.

Any additional efficiency gains are probably going to pay for the Raytracing hardware. So I think it's safe to assume the power consumption will be the same as if we doubled RX 5700.

I'm not going to assume that it will have the same 30% vampire power as Turing, but something around 10-20% wouldn't be unfounded. WE MAY FIND OUT NEXT WEEK.

Not sure about that alone. They are suppose to tweak some things and will likely have Variable rate shading that was a major improvement for Nvidia when it came to power efficiency.

https://www.techpowerup.com/262098/ray-tracing-and-variable-rate-shading-design-goals-for-amd-rdna2

Learn to ignore.
i think its more about "news" subforum being clean with verified information rather than just rumors; we could have those topics away in other relatable subforums. The new nvidia super super something in nvidia, and amd super rumor 2 in amd's subforums.

Simply writing [Rumor] would also fix the issue... when people just write "AMD GeForce RX 5990x2 GXT SUPER 200KW - Finally portable Tsar Bomba", it would typically mean that it came out - in this case its nothing more but few rumors, without any actual proof or leaks yet.

What i mean, and people who dislike it mean, its not a news worthy materials for "news" subforum.

i think its more about "news" subforum being clean with verified information rather than just rumors; we could have those topics away in other relatable subforums. The new nvidia super super something in nvidia, and amd super rumor 2 in amd's subforums.

Simply writing [Rumor] would also fix the issue... when people just write "AMD GeForce RX 5990x2 GXT SUPER 200KW - Finally portable Tsar Bomba", it would typically mean that it came out - in this case its nothing more but few rumors, without any actual proof or leaks yet.

What i mean, and people who dislike it mean, its not a news worthy materials for "news" subforum.

I was going to comment more extensively but FrgMstr has clarified to a T.

When big Navi arrives, don't be shocked if it brings 2080 level performance. That's not such a great leap techno. An improved Architecture with a hugely bigger die - whatever size it is. We have been expecting/hearing about Navi 2x for a while now. Just because it's not on the shelf for you to look at does not mean it won't exist, ever. Plausible, very. I'm literally banking on it. And so is Microsoft in the Xbox, and Sony.

Last edited:

Well said. This sort of thing really needs to have *RUMOR* in the title. Because it's nothing more than a rumor.

Well said. This sort of thing really needs to have *RUMOR* in the title. Because it's nothing more than a rumor.
Anything else it needs to have? I think 5950XT pretty much spells that out - unless of course you've seen one. Funny how grown ups (assumption) needs to have the internet interpreted for them.

Go for the "! Report" button. I really don't want to hear about it.

Anything else it needs to have? I think 5950XT pretty much spells that out - unless of course you've seen one. Funny how grown ups (assumption) needs to have the internet interpreted for them.

Go for the "! Report" button. I really don't want to hear about it.
Considering this is in the news section, I figured it was an actual announcement from AMD....

Hrmmm ..... maybe nVidia doens't have the next great thing up their sleeve. Maybe AMD will shine like a diamond forcing nVidia to release checkerboard rendering! That would be amazing. SLI would truly be dead because this rendering doesn't use AFR etc... but could you imagine 100% scaling from checkerboard!

We'll get the news in a couple of days, maybe, from AMD.
However all those leaks don't fit.
1st leak : 505mm². Ok, that's big but for what manufacturing ? 7nm (TSMC DUV), 7nm Pro (same but better), 7nm+ (totally different process using EUV which needs complete redesign of the chip) ?
It was kind of announced by AMD that RDNA 2 had ray-tracing and was using 7nm+.
7nm+ is quite more dense regarding transistors than 7nm.
2nd leak : This is a 15 or 16M transistors. Another leak : 21 million transistors. This is too small for 505mm² ! Even on 7nm. It should be around 22.5 millions preserving the density of Vega 20 and Navi 10, 12, 14.
Other piece news : 7nm+ at TSMC is considered to be limited to a 400mm² pattern, meaning you shouldn't really make a chip bigger than that. So maybe this is not 7nm+ after all, and it's 7nm or 7nm Pro only.
Fact is AMD was working on a Navi 20 RDNA 1 or 2 (we don't know) but leaks said this wasn't good as for replicating Navi 10 architecture made bigger, and they were going on another concept, namely Navi 21. But then the Ray tracing thing came as an addition and 7nm+ too. Navi 21 could in fact be some RDNA1 optimized without ray tracing and all made on 7nm, not 7nm+ and using some more than 20 million transistors on a 505mm² chip. This is something very possible. It will beat RTX 2080 Ti except on Ray tracing that will come later on other GPUs based on 7nm+.
3rd leak : 384 bit bus or 512 bit bus, 12 GB Vram or 16GB Vram, GDDR6 or HBM2 or even HBM2e. Nobody knows for sure.
Other piece of news : there is a Navi 21 and a Navi 21 Lite GPU, documented for about 6 months to 1 year. And even Navi 21 Lite would be big. Not even thinking at Navi 22 and 23 already leaked too.
All those leaks are official from AMD, or by anonymous people working around AMD and who are well known to be in contact at a very close level of development.

So the guy who is able to guess how to put everything together, with a self-made rumor, would be very lucky.

Back