AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT and RX 5700 Review Roundup

Unlocked clocks of Navi through soft power play tables which got 1900mhz on 5700. 5700xt was within 2fps of a 2080. Power consumption increased by 50w and did not skyrocket like Vega does.
Sorry for asking this, cannot view youtube atm, is that 2 fps on average?

Unlocked clocks of Navi through soft power play tables which got 1900mhz on 5700. 5700xt was within 2fps of a 2080. Power consumption increased by 50w and did not skyrocket like Vega does.

Just finished watching. I believe I am sold.

One game. Shadow of the Tomb Raider. More info needed to come to a conclusion but looks good for custom cooling and AIB cards for sure.

Hopefully it isn't just a golden sample but more of an average, in that case, it will match a 2070S in terms of performance according to AnandTech, 2070S is within 2FPS of 2080 in 4K.

How absurd are you going to be?
It's almost as if you will post anything no matter how absurd, if you think it wins you an argument. Please quit jamming up a Radeon RX 5700 Series thread. You are starting arguments with people about known facts... just to jamm this thread up. Obvious is obvious

View attachment 173468

Pictures are worth a thousand of your lies.

Hey bro, don't conveniently skip over post #289. Simply not fair to everyone if you won't reconsile.

I didn't bother replying because you were already shown you were wrong by one of snowdogs posts... and as you mentioned, it's "jamming up the thread"

4096x2160 This is a 4K Cimena resolution.
3840x2160 This is a 4K display and TV resolution
2560x1440 This is 2.5K basically, i've seen 2560x1600 displays simply referred to as 2K
2048x1536 This is 4:3 aspect, no one cares about. Your picture must be of tv projector resolutions or something... its woefully incomplete and n/a to whatever brought the discussion to this point.
2048x1152 This would be a 2K resolution, but basically non-standard and hard to find.
1920x1080 Would you believe it, this is also a 2k resolution?

Enough, drop it. If you bring this up or try to troll me again about it, I will not respond. It isn't really relevant to the thread and I got no idea how we even got here.

As for Monitors..?...G-Sync is dead, good luck with your Monitor... mine is for sale shortly (Acer x34 g-sync).

My next monitor will have to have G-Sync, it does a great job and I want to keep the benefits. I don't want a "TV" with freesync, I want a gaming lcd for my pc.

Hopefully it isn't just a golden sample but more of an average, in that case, it will match a 2070S in terms of performance according to AnandTech, 2070S is within 2FPS of 2080 in 4K.
His XT was not a review sample. AMD only Sampled him the vanilla version apparently.

Sure if you are expecting to play at 4k. But If you have a 1080p monitor (which most gamers do), then the 2060 Super can deliver 80-100 FPS with DXR enabled in the first group of RT enabled games, as I indicated earlier in the thread:
AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT and RX 5700 Review Roundup

That isn't a joke, nor marginal.

There seems to a few people that will insist you must play at 4K, so RTX is not viable, and further seem to think developers have peaked in RT optimization, and some even believe it actually gets worse from here.

The reality is that most of us play on 1080p, and even a 2060 Super can deliver decent RT performance there. Developers are going to get better over time in optimizing RT performance. We already have Doom Eternal developers saying how much better their Vulkan RT implementation is going to be.

Doom Eternal and CP 2077 are two VERY big titles with RT support announced, and IIRC you get two RT enabled games included as well. Maybe CP 2077 will hit the 2060 Super too hard, but from what the Doom Eternal devs have said, I expect it will be quite good for that.

I don't play 5 different games a week, not even 5 different games a month, more like that in a year. If it has a couple of RT games included to mess with until Doom Eternal, and CP 2077 launch, that is PLENTY for me. Though I would probably just be catching up on Witcher 3 for quite a while.

Have you missed Quake 2 RTX? That's the actual state of ray tracing today. There isn't a game on the market with more ray tracing in it. It's a slide show for the most part. A game that was released 22 years ago.

Please stop abusing the forum and telling us what to buy, and why. You and GoodBoy are no better than juangra.

I mean it's easy to use the ignore feature but then I'll still have to read your non-sense when I am not logged in. Just stop with the propaganda please

Have you missed Quake 2 RTX? That's the actual state of ray tracing today. There isn't a game on the market with more ray tracing in it. It's a slide show for the most part. A game that was released 22 years ago.

Have you missed that this was a tech demo that is not and is not supposed to be representative of the state of AAA games released with RT support?

Please stop abusing the forum and telling us what to buy, and why. You and GoodBoy are no better than juangra.

You let people on forums tell you what to buy?

I mean it's easy to use the ignore feature but then I'll still have to read your non-sense when I am not logged in. Just stop with the propaganda please

It's easy to not visit the forums if you know that there is content you don't like that you cannot keep yourself from reading.

What's with the hypocritical personal attack? I wasn't telling you what to do, but you are hypocritically doing exactly that.

Quake II RTX is a tech demo that looks and plays gloriously at 1080P 60fps with a RTX2070. I play the snot out of it. You should try it :)

It's not for everyone tho, bless your heart.

That's it. I am ignoring all three of you - GoodBoy, Snowdog, IdiotInCharge. God damn shills won't let people make up their own mind. No, we either buy into the RTX crap (it's the physx all over again) or we're making a big mistake because we absolutely need those half-baked bullshit features.

Too bad I''l have to go through your crap when I am not logged.

Well, this I agree with. We are in an AMD thread and the longer these cards are out, the better they are becoming and overclocking is working great on them. Applying a powerplay table mod on the XT can get you up 2200 Mhz. (Timmy Joe Youtube channel.) I do not need one but I sure do want one. :)

Quake II RTX is a tech demo that looks and plays gloriously at 1080P 60fps with a RTX2070. I play the snot out of it. You should try it :)

It's not for everyone tho, bless your heart.

It's game that's been sold. RT is the tech demo aspect you're referring to. And that aspect, when maxed out, makes the game unplayable. I highly doubt the 60 fps but even it's true, 60 is literally half the fps I need when playing.

I didn't bother replying because you were already shown you were wrong by one of snowdogs posts... and as you mentioned, it's "jamming up the thread"

4096x2160 This is a 4K Cimena resolution.
3840x2160 This is a 4K display and TV resolution
2560x1440 This is 2.5K basically, i've seen 2560x1600 displays simply referred to as 2K
2048x1536 This is 4:3 aspect, no one cares about. Your picture must be of tv projector resolutions or something... its woefully incomplete and n/a to whatever brought the discussion to this point.
2048x1152 This would be a 2K resolution, but basically non-standard and hard to find.
1920x1080 Would you believe it, this is also a 2k resolution?

Enough, drop it. If you bring this up or try to troll me again about it, I will not respond. It isn't really relevant to the thread and I got no idea how we even got here.

My next monitor will have to have G-Sync, it does a great job and I want to keep the benefits. I don't want a "TV" with freesync, I want a gaming lcd for my pc.

2560 x 1440 is considered 3k.

Well, this I agree with. We are in an AMD thread and the longer these cards are out, the better they are becoming and overclocking is working great on them. Applying a powerplay table mod on the XT can get you up 2200 Mhz. (Timmy Joe Youtube channel.) I do not need one but I sure do want one. :)

I am migrating my gaming PC to Linux. AMD seems to be where it's at when it comes to Linux gaming these days. I wouldn't have said that just 3 years ago.

My 1070 will go in the HTPC, while my gaming setup is going to have a 5700 or XT. Haven't had AMD hardware in literally 12 years. Well, besides that pretty sweet 2500u APU :)

I wonder if the 5700 series memory timings are as screwed up as all the rest of the AMD line of cards has been.

You may be firmly in the G-Sync camp, but taking a cheap shot at one of the best gaming LCDs on the market that Samsung just happens to call a TV is BS.

4k60Hz FreeSync? Check.
1080p/1440P@true 120Hz (with an INSANE FS WINDOW OF 20-120HZ btw)? Check.
Less then 9ms of input lag (better then 99% of the "gaming "LCDs" as you called it)? Check.
4ms (properly measured) response time? Check.
55"+ of screen real estate for $649-899? Check.

HDR support at every listed resolution? Check.

Better input latency then a $5k Nvidia "BFGD"? CHECK.

So find me a "gaming LCD" that does all of that, while providing better value per any metric you care to use (other then G-sync over HDMI since Nvidia will not support it since they will never sell their $5k set that Samsung sells for $649-899).

It's fine to own, love, worship at the Green Alter but give credit where credit is due and stop talking crap about that with which you have Zero experience. There are dozens of us on this pale shadow of a forum that use these "Gaming LCDs" with great results.

Slide show you say? Huh, that's funny, I wonder how I just managed to play through THE ENTIRE GAME at > 60 FPS with my 2080 Ti @ 3440x1440 just a few days ago with Steam showing that it took me 8 hours. I must have hallucinated it.

LMAO, you NEED 120 FPS? GTFO with that garbage. Monitors capable of that refresh rate weren't even available for the first 50 years of gaming. Troll.

I always say, a video is worth a thousand posts, so:

It's Sat, so I am not going to use my time here.
But in reading since my last visit, it seems the same usual suspects heralding the RTX features in an AMD thread. I would think, if they were truly THAT excited, then they would be over in the RTX threads, & all discussing the virtues of "RTX on" gaming and all the nuances that details, etc. But not here in a NAVI thread, because People who are interested in discussion here, have already seen through nvidia's gimmicks.

AMD outclassed Nvidia and used actual hard work and a customer approuch to do it. NAVI is a gamer chip... SUPER is not.

He says as he uses his time here to link a video without context.

But in reading since my last visit, it seems the same usual suspects heralding the RTX features in an AMD thread. I would think, if they were truly THAT excited, then they would be over in the RTX threads, & all discussing the virtues of "RTX on" gaming and all the nuances that details, etc. But not here in a NAVI thread, because People who are interested in discussion here, have already seen through nvidia's gimmicks.

Given that AMD is comparing their product to Nvidia's RTX GPUs, RTX is obviously going to be a popular topic. I realize that this is lost on many of the faithful, but it's the basic reality for those looking for the best product for their needs.

AMD outclassed Nvidia and used actual hard work and a customer approuch to do it. NAVI is a gamer chip... SUPER is not.

Thank you for that absurdity- I needed a laugh this morning :D

I always say, a video is worth a thousand posts, so:

That or people are dealing with the reality of marketing and mind share along with the fact that rtx even in the state its in, is out there and usable. I have no interest in it, certainly not at a $100 price increase over the XT (just lol at a $580 2070S custom card) but many will. Many will take the 2060 Super because the custom cards are out now instead of mid August and some are only $20-30 more than the $399 msrp. If NAVI was a true gamer chip AMD would have taken the hit and priced them $50 lower and kept the name at the 670-80-90 level, making these a Polaris replacement. Which they clearly are unless they want to be like Nvidia and try to sell 6gb 192bit cards as the new mid range for $279+ with a 5600 line.

The only thing I've learned this generation is that the waiting game is worth playing, especially when you have one company refreshing their cards in 6-9 months.

Using a 55" panel when talking about monitors is a pretty cheap shot too, despite how nice said TV is ;)

There are some comparable FreeSync panels (exact same as their G-snyc Brethren) but it's hard to argue that what I said was wrong...

All the features I listed have been publicly tested by both reviewers and users, and while yes 55" is the smaller one, it's also a 4k screen that cost less then most 32'" 1440P "GAMING LCDs" as he phrased it WHILE offering the same or better feature set.

That makes it the best value in the gaming LCD industry...

PS, I have the 65" :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:(but I get why you started with the smaller one)...

There are some comparable FreeSync panels (exact same as their G-snyc Brethren) but it's hard to argue that what I said was wrong...

All the features I listed have been publicly tested by both reviewers and users, and while yes 55" is the smaller one, it's also a 4k screen that cost less then most 32'" 1440P "GAMING LCDs" as he phrased it WHILE offering the same or better feature set.

That makes it the best value in the gaming LCD industry...

PS, I have the 65" :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:(but I get why you started with the smaller one)...

55 inches? Be a good excuse to move a few towns over from the wife :)

The challenge is the size. that's not going to work for a lot of people- 32" is already on the large size of average. I'm not arguing the quality, just that it's a poor comparison to what most people use as monitors.
Yup. I have a 65" 1080p plasma business monitor. Looks good (for 1080 at that size) when gaming but really needs a huge room and some comfy furniture. Not to mention a friend to help move it. So yeah. I am with majority of the PC gaming world using 1080p.

Last edited:
I think those videos are how almost everybody feels at this moment. Many now get why AMD's Dr Lisa Su was so boisterous because she knows AMD has all the cards. Some tech review journalist and trying to be polite to Jensen.

Navi is nearly equal to power as the Radeon VII and only cost $349 (and able to go lower). Aftermarket Navi is coming and will put Nvidia to shame, seeing the new "workarounds" and Navi hitting 2.2Ghz already on air... And newer drivers are coming.

These are all truths and the new reality. I don't hold interest in either, but as a gamer and someone who pays for their hardware.... I can clearly see the reviews and you'd almost have to be a moron not to choose Navi over Turing, in almost any buying situation. Navi has higher performance... seems weird to say, but 30+ reviews now show this to be the case. There is no spinning this anymore.

Price for price AMD wins easily, given it outperforms RTX.

There are great deals even at Microcenter with $50 bucks off.... while Nvidia's SUPERs (though not even being distributed in numbers, have high prices and can not be found at their retail prices. AMD wins, because even the distributors months ago found out the truth. Navi is an uber win and RDNA was well hidden on Industry... and still unfolding before our eyes.

Here is another video that will anger people, because they have an emotional investment in playing forum wars, instead of being a hardware junky and gamer.

I think those videos are how almost everybody feels at this moment. Many now get why AMD's Dr Lisa Su was so boisterous because she knows AMD has all the cards. Some tech review journalist and trying to be polite to Jensen.

Navi is nearly equal to power as the Radeon VII and only cost $349 (and able to go lower). Aftermarket Navi is coming and will put Nvidia to shame, seeing the new "workarounds" and Navi hitting 2.2Ghz already on air... And newer drivers are coming.

These are all truths and the new reality. I don't hold interest in either, but as a gamer and someone who pays for their hardware.... I can clearly see the reviews and you'd almost have to be a moron not to choose Navi over Turing, in almost any buying situation. Navi has higher performance... seems weird to say, but 30+ reviews now show this to be the case. There is no spinning this anymore.

Price for price AMD wins easily, given it outperforms RTX.

There are great deals even at Microcenter with $50 bucks off.... while Nvidia's SUPERs (though not even being distributed in numbers, have high prices and can not be found at their retail prices. AMD wins, because even the distributors months ago found out the truth. Navi is an uber win and RDNA was well hidden on Industry... and still unfolding before our eyes.

Here is another video that will anger people, because they have an emotional investment in playing forum wars, instead of being a hardware junky and gamer.

I already linked this video and not to stir the pot as you just did.

I guess Gamers Nexus will be doing a review on RDNA's ability to OC. Seems like Navi will be a hit with the enthusiasts and Over Clockers, if this guy is seeing 12% increase in just volt moding.

I too, am wondering what the golden samples of the XT are like.

New Egg says... :vulcan:
The all new Radeon RX 5700 XT is powered by the forward-looking Radeon DNA architecture. Able to hardness
-Asynchronous Compute
-Radeon Image Sharpening
-FidelityFX
-TressFX
-TrueAudio Next
-VR technologies

For maximum performance and enhanced gaming experiences.

RDNA features up to 40 completely redesigned Compute Units delivering incredible performance and up to 4x IPC improvements, new instructions better suited for visual effects such as volumetric lighting, blur effects, and depth of field, and multi-level cache hierarchy for greatly reduced latency and highly responsive gaming. The RDNA architecture enables DisplayPort 1.4 with Display Stream Compression for extreme refresh rates and resolutions on cutting edge displays for insanely immersive gameplay.

Bring home the win with Radeon DNA, Radeon Anti-lag, PCI Express 4.0 support, DisplayPort 1.4, GDDR6 memory, 7nm architecture, and True Audio Next. All built into the Radeon 5700 XT Series GPU.

Command your gaming experience.

I can't wait to play Battlefield on my new x570 mATX build. Going to grab a new 38" 3840 x 1600 FreeSync2.0 Monitor and grab an aftermarket Twinfrozr 5700xt to push that panel until big-navi hits. Then swap it out and stuff navi into a secondary gaming rig @ 1440p.

Seeing some of these unlocked Navi's now... I think AMD used a blower just so they didn't have to lie in the Computex Navi announcement slides. Showing how slow Navi is...

New Egg says... :vulcan:

I can't wait to play Battlefield on my new x570 mATX build. Going to grab a new 38" 3840 x 1600 FreeSync2.0 Monitor and grab an aftermarket Twinfrozr 5700xt to push that panel until big-navi hits. Then swap it out and stuff navi into a secondary gaming rig @ 1440p.

Seeing some of these unlocked Navi's now... I think AMD used a blower just so they didn't have to lie in the Computex Navi announcement slides. Showing how slow Navi is...

Is this sarcasm or does this exist?!

I don't recalled any Freesync 2 model(s) being announce for 3840x1600, do see it for 3440x1440 monitors though.

Just the allusion to a Freesync model to follow in 2020, after the G-Sync model, from LG. If they ever arrive.

Just the allusion to a Freesync model to follow in 2020, after the G-Sync model, from LG. If they ever arrive.
Indeed, I just hope by the time I need my next monitor upgrade, microled monitors will become readily available.

Back