AMD Radeon RX 470 And RX 460 Details

318 posts since July first, and I bet 98% of them are bashing AMD. Where did you get banned from to have to come here?

LOL yep. This guy makes no sense. Frickin constant bickering and yelling at amd. I mean if he really saw the specs on that card and seen that it has less than half the shaders of 470, how would it perform. Bitching about 470 too, but he cant give me another card available at 200 that is faster! Other than 4gb 480 reference that is non existent since launch.

I have a gtx 1070 but man I get tired of people actually complaining about the 470, calling it a horrible buy. Really? We have gtx 960 and rx 380 selling for similar amount and it destroys both of them.

Toyota owns Lexus...sigh. Where do you think Camry frame came from in the 2007+ generation? It came from the lexus frame design. Again...halo tech makes the general tech we use in every day products much more often than not. Try again.
But the point is Toyota
318 posts since July first, and I bet 98% of them are bashing AMD. Where did you get banned from to have to come here?
He got Banned from Anandtech.

Bitching about 470 too, but he cant give me another card available at 200 that is faster! Other than 4gb 480 reference that is non existent since launch.

You act like the 4GB RX480 went EOL. If it didn't, then you are wrong.

70583b59gw1f6kbd0k63rj20fz0kognw.jpg

LOL yep. This guy makes no sense. Frickin constant bickering and yelling at amd. I mean if he really saw the specs on that card and seen that it has less than half the shaders of 470, how would it perform. Bitching about 470 too, but he cant give me another card available at 200 that is faster! Other than 4gb 480 reference that is non existent since launch.

I have a gtx 1070 but man I get tired of people actually complaining about the 470, calling it a horrible buy. Really? We have gtx 960 and rx 380 selling for similar amount and it destroys both of them.
Poor Iledra. His position is quickly being taken away....

But you are right that the 470 is a powerhouse at its price. What bothers me is the short memories of these ignorant and biased posters. This is the first time I can remember (in the last 5 or so years) where the low tier cards had this kind of horsepower and Vram. The 470 2Gb kind of fits the past trend but 4Gb being available reference is astounding and great for budget gameplay. The 480 8Gb price is very good as well, at least the MSRP.

Poor Iledra. His position is quickly being taken away....

But you are right that the 470 is a powerhouse at its price. What bothers me is the short memories of these ignorant and biased posters. This is the first time I can remember (in the last 5 or so years) where the low tier cards had this kind of horsepower and Vram. The 470 2Gb kind of fits the past trend but 4Gb being available reference is astounding and great for budget gameplay. The 480 8Gb price is very good as well, at least the MSRP.
I mean, it's sort of expected for lower tier cards from new gen to perform like next tier up card from previous gen. My problem with rx460 is that it fails to achieve even that.

I mean, it's sort of expected for lower tier cards from new gen to perform like next tier up card from previous gen. My problem with rx460 is that it fails to achieve even that.
Because RX 460 has no horsepower. It's got less than half the shaders of 470. AMD is not going to shoot themselves in the foot. It will be cheap for people on extremely low budget. I am not surprised that should have been expected with the specs we saw.

Well just remember this, this is P11 the one they put up against a 950 ti in battlefront with frame locks on, to show P11's power savings vs performance ratios lol, what this leak says about AMD, they had to put those frame locks up otherwise, everyone almost a year ago would have know Polaris was going to be underwhelming (outside of price, which is the only good thing about rx 480, still think the rx 470 is just in a wierd pricing area, yeah the 4gb version of the rx 480 isn't out much on shelves, but still things like the 4gb rx480 will slow sales down cause people might be waiting for them). And what is the rx460 priced at? It has to be around 100 bucks, 129 is too high for the 4 gb vesion, cause it barely beats a 750 ti, which can be gotten for around 100 and still the rx460 seems to use quite a bit more power than the 750 ti, if these leaks are representative with upcoming reviews.

Last edited:
Because RX 460 has no horsepower. It's got less than half the shaders of 470. AMD is not going to shoot themselves in the foot. It will be cheap for people on extremely low budget. I am not surprised that should have been expected with the specs we saw.

its cheap but I don't think its cheap enough. if you look around you can get a 950 ti for 130 bucks, which is a much better deal than a 129 buck 4gb or even a 100 buck 2gb version of the rx460.

Sure, it will be cheap. But will it be cheap enough?

Also, i don't understand AMD's product stack this time around. They have 470 that, other than power bottleneck, performs fairly close to 480.
And then they have rx460 that suddenly has less than half the juice in it (and performs as such). Who would even buy it then, unless it costs like half the rx470.

Sure, it will be cheap. But will it be cheap enough?

Also, i don't understand AMD's product stack this time around. They have 470 that, other than power bottleneck, performs fairly close to 480.
And then they have rx460 that suddenly has less than half the juice in it (and performs as such). Who would even buy it then, unless it costs like half the rx470.

Rumors are a 100 dollars for it. I am okay with everything else. I think the rx470 is the best among three. It performs close to rx480 and surpasses it even with overclocking at 1080p. And It is available. I think they wanna sell the rx 470 to be honest.

There is so much room they had to actually make the rx 460 better. They could have easily made this thing more powerful but it all seems intentional at this point. Rx 470 so close to rx480 and rx 460 less than half the chip rx470 is. Seems like rx470 is the one they expect to sell the most.

You act like the 4GB RX480 went EOL. If it didn't, then you are wrong.

LOL once again I never said it was EOL. I said it wasn't available and as long as its not you will see AIBs selling Rx 470 closer to that price point. They have the cards sustaining higher boost clocks so its performing so close to 4gb rx 480.

Heck after market rx470s seem to be OC'ing much better than rx 480 reference or aftermarket, and they are sustaining their clocks. So even at 200 they are one heck of a buy. All the partners know it so they have no reason to give it to you for 150 or 180 when they can get 200 for it.

Last edited:
Rumors are a 100 dollars for it. I am okay with everything else. I think the rx470 is the best among three. It performs close to rx480 and surpasses it even with overclocking at 1080p. And It is available. I think they wanna sell the rx 470 to be honest.

There is so much room they had to actually make the rx 460 better. They could have easily made this thing more powerful but it all seems intentional at this point. Rx 470 so close to rx480 and rx 460 less than half the chip rx470 is. Seems like rx470 is the one they expect to sell the most.
Most likely rx460 is in place r9 285 used to occupy: a desktop card made as a salvage from dies that failed to become Apple's.

err I don't know back to school is coming up and the new macbrook pro's and Imac are using r370m

Last edited:
The 460 is a straight up PCI powered card right? So maybe a 5450 replacement-like card. Cant believe they still sell 5450 and at the price they do. I have one and it is impressive for a bottom stack card but not sure why one would want one today.

The 460 is a straight up PCI powered card right? So maybe a 5450 replacement-like card. Cant believe they still sell 5450 and at the price they do. I have one and it is impressive for a bottom stack card but not sure why one would want one today.

a 5450 replacement would also have to be single-slot, low-profile and passively cooled.

a 5450 replacement would also have to be single-slot, low-profile and passively cooled.
Mine is a MSI and I don't think it was either low-profile nor single slot. Had a passive heat sink so it was very wide. If I had to wager it looked to be the size of the Nano.

If I can get a 470 Sapphire Nitro or some similiar AIB for $150, I'm totally in.

But the way things are looking ATM, I need to wait for "the dust to settle" etc.

If I can get a 470 Sapphire Nitro or some similiar AIB for $150, I'm totally in.

But the way things are looking ATM, I need to wait for "the dust to settle" etc.

I think 150 is too cheap for those cards and it will be a while before they remotely close to it. AIB gtx 960s go for 200 and this card destroys it. So it is actually well worth the price at 200 or anything below is a steal. I would easily throw it in an old rig if I had more. I mean it is pretty much a 4gb rx 480. It overclocks decent and sustains clocks really well so it is performing close to the rx 480 and even surpasses it with overclock.

They are selling for 200 because simply put there is nothing there at that price point and nvidia doesnt seem like they are about release anything at that price either. So pretty much the best card you can get at that price and due to no competition I don't think for a bit it goes to 150. I personally think its worth more for the performance it gives. You will probably see them around 180 or so once the price settles.

There will be models with and without a 6pin connector. Asus already showed one with a 6pin.

Just got Newegg notice on the sapphire at 109.99. PCI-e 3.0 x8 obviously this card is low spec. And it seems just a pci slot powered card. I see OEMs using this and maybe users making a multimedia center but for gaming this is gonna be a hard sell.

I think 150 is too cheap for those cards and it will be a while before they remotely close to it. AIB gtx 960s go for 200 and this card destroys it.

For $200, I'd rather pick up a reference RX 480....

Back