AMD Radeon R9 290X review charts leak out

tobi54

Limp Gawd
Commentary to results

I’m not sure if all these charts include final data, but if they do, then we have some mixed results. Sometimes one R9 290X can beat SLI or CrossFire configurations, sometimes it’s slower than R9 280X. One thing is certain though, this card will consume a lot of power (you can find these charts at the very bottom).

http://videocardz.com/47106/amd-radeon-r9-290x-review-charts-leak

Now I'm even more anxious to see the pricing for this card, could be less than what has been rurmored so far. Especially after the announcement of the 780ti and expected price drop of the 780.

Those results are all over the place. In some instances a single 290x beats cross- or even tri-fired 7970s, and in others it gets beat by a single 7970. I have to think there is some problem with the testing methodology.

Those results are all over the place. In some instances a single 290x beats cross- or even tri-fired 7970s, and in others it gets beat by a single 7970. I have to think there is some problem with the testing methodology.

Or that these numbers are fake. Who knows. The fact that it's beating dual 7970s (CF drivers are generally fixed at this stage and 2 7970s perform really well in CF) doesn't make sense to me, dual 7970s outperform a single Titan or a single 780 considerably so.

If this is correct and a single 290x is better than my 7970 xfire, I'll be slightly amazed... and of course I will need to get one :)

The charts make no sense, I'll wait for the official reviews.

considering they're testing the 780 at 863mhz , which really no one runs these cards at. I don't see the 290x being a upgrade over a 780 more like a side-grade if anything .

If true, all these charts tell me is that Intel needs to make better processors that can scale and thus feed the much more advanced GPUs from Nvidia and AMD. Not that AMD processors can do that same. The market has become stagnate.

The charts make no sense, I'll wait for the official reviews.

i agree these results are all over the place. waiting for a more reliable reviewer.

edit: i suppose these are unofficial, in-progress charts. so i'm sure there are typos and mislabeling in there. i shouldn't point the finger at the reviewer since these aren't their finalized charts.

Last edited:
considering they're testing the 780 at 863mhz , which really no one runs these cards at. I don't see the 290x being a upgrade over a 780 more like a side-grade if anything .

i know what you mean. I thought I was the only one who noticed the GTX 780 lacking severely . I never come across review sites where the GTX 780 is ahead or maybe I am not researching this good enough

I have a windforce GT OC

http://www.guru3d.com/news_story/gigabyte_geforce_gtx_780_(gv_n780oc_3gd_rev2)_graphics_card.html

http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/gigabyte_geforce_gtx_780_windforce_oc_review,1.html

I am wondering what two 290X will be like in Crossfire.

I am also wondering if the drivers will be up to the task at release.

If the answer is affirmative to both, then I will be in the line for 2.:D

<<<points to 1920x1080 medium settings>>>.. ofcourse results are all over the place.. this is almost as bad as techradars 1280x1024 testing..

Well i have 2 EVGA 780 GTXs that are all doing 1140 On the Core so i should be far ahead of this card :)

PROTIP! If the site has never done their own reviews, only copy and pasted text from other review and only uses stock photos in every "article" they have on their site, their "leaked" info is more than likely faked for ad revenue.

Hello.

At 1,140MHz Core speed, how high is the Memory clocked on these cards at the moment?

Thanks!
Memory is at 1750 on all 3 cards. Plus 106% power fans are aet at 70% stock voltages. I'm pretty sure I can push them more but have been very happy with them since I fir em in day1.

those "uber mode" r9 290x charts means it's overclocked or what ?

I believe AMD has two or three modes for the new card. Quiet, Normal, and Uber. Based on fan noise profiles voltages and clock rates.

Uber is just the card running full out and is not being down clocked for the sake of noise and power usage.

Uber doesn't make a difference in performance over quiet. If it's a higher clock rate it's 10MHz higher.

Baidu-3DMARK11-X.png

Last edited:
PROTIP! If the site has never done their own reviews, only copy and pasted text from other review and only uses stock photos in every "article" they have on their site, their "leaked" info is more than likely faked for ad revenue.

Hehehehe...............I like your thinking...............

but yeah.......1080P on these cards? really?

Running the card full tilt but the fan only 43% and 93C:eek::eek::eek:

Back