AMD Radeon mobile 6130 issues

DraginDime

[H]ard|Gawd
HP laptop AMD cpu and AMD onboard graphics...win 7 pro 64bit....

A friend brought this laptop to me to replace the LCD. Which I did so with the same exact model/brand. But then when I booted it up, the screen was fine until windows started. Go in Safe Mode, everything's fine. Install drivers..crap again........

So after a few hours of working on it I've found.

With no video drivers installed, everything works perfect. As soon as video drivers are installed, the BIOS/Boot screen and Windows 7 start screen show fine. As soon as it comes to the login screen, everything goes scrambled (except the mouse cursor).
I've tried multiple drivers from AMD's website......also tried to just let windows update the driver on its own and even with that, the problem still persists.

So what do you think? Driver issue? Or is the GPU crapping out?

you mean 6310? I had the same thing randomly happen with an AMD E350 6310 pc and finally just gave up and returned it.

yeah it's 6310, thanks for the correction. I was just trying to remember it off the top of my head before.

I have an HP DM1Z with Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit and I have no issues with latest drivers from AMD website.

Did you try a fresh operating system install? Maybe the operating system got corrupted.
You can try using a spare hard drive and do a fresh install on that to see if you still encounter the same issue.

I have an HP DM1Z with Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit and I have no issues with latest drivers from AMD website.

Did you try a fresh operating system install? Maybe the operating system got corrupted.
You can try using a spare hard drive and do a fresh install on that to see if you still encounter the same issue.

I haven't yet, was actually going to do that when I get home today. I did try a system restore to a restore point that was well over a month before the screen was broken, and that didn't help. Hopefully a fresh install will correct the issue.

Just to update, I put an extra HDD in I had laying around, did 2 different fresh install of windows 7 64bit first, and then 32bit. All was fine until I updated the video driver. Then the screen went all crazy again. I disabled the video driver so it's still usable for now, but web browsing is about all you can do with it. Videos/movies play fine. just can't play any kind of 3d game.

It's still under warranty, so I'm going to tell them to send it back to HP.
I never said before but its a Pavillion g6.

Back