AMD Radeon HD 7990 Video Card Review @ [H]

I got to say, while it might have came out late, it's still a great card, and running two of those will blow both two 690s or two titans out of the water. I would love to play around with. Now, where's that TitanX2 =)))))?

Typo near the end of the review on the 'conclusion' page:

These are not just so no-name games either, these are current and popular games that everyone is playing.
I think 'so' should be some.

Also on the 'conclusion' page:

The Radeon HD 7990 is a bit late to market, likely overpriced, and weak in comparison to 7970 CrossFire, at least it is finally here.
I think it should be, "...and weak in comparison to 7970 CrossFire, but at least it is finally here.

Nice review guys, keep up the great work! :)

Well, we know AMD won't have a driver out till at least June to fix the X-fire issues. I'm glad PCPer finally proved to AMD that they had a problem.

Still, $1000 for a video card that can't operate to its design potential out of the box is no deal no matter how many overpriced games you throw into the deal.

I guess I'm old school but I don't buy video cards for the game bundle, especially when they can't play them as well as the card that costs half as much.

I've said it before, demand more and don't put up with premium prices for inferior products.

Well, we know AMD won't have a driver out till at least June to fix the X-fire issues. I'm glad PCPer finally proved to AMD that they had a problem.

Still, $1000 for a video card that can't operate to its design potential out of the box is no deal no matter how many overpriced games you throw into the deal.

I guess I'm old school but I don't buy video cards for the game bundle, especially when they can't play them as well as the card that costs half as much.

I've said it before, demand more and don't put up with premium prices for inferior products.

Agreed, on all accounts :)

Still, if AMD can pull a rabbit out of the hat with their June driver, imagine how incredible of a value the 7950 will be? Three of those things for under the price of a Titan, possibly with no stutter, and performance of the gods! ...all with great overclocking potential!

Still, if AMD can pull a rabbit out of the hat with their June driver, imagine how incredible of a value the 7950 will be? Three of those things for under the price of a Titan, possibly with no stutter, and performance of the gods! ...all with great overclocking potential!

Yeah and if someone bought 3 of them on launch day they only had to wait 1 year and 4 months to get them to work properly (assuming that the June driver doesn't have any other issues). I'm glad I switched to SLI 680s, they've been pretty flawless.

I ran a 7970 before this and a 5870 before that. Hopefully AMD gets their drivers in order.

Yeah and if someone bought 3 of them on launch day they only had to wait 1 year and 4 months to get them to work properly (assuming that the June driver doesn't have any other issues). I'm glad I switched to SLI 680s, they've been pretty flawless.

I ran a 7970 before this and a 5870 before that. Hopefully AMD gets their drivers in order.

Whatever makes you feel better about your purchase, bro!
More power to ya.

I got an AMD card that replaced my 480 GTX and that is exactly what annoys me. NVidia releases official drivers whenever a new game comes out, AMD releases official drivers once every... whenever they feel like it which seems to be like 6 months? WTF is with their shitty ass driver support?

I'd rather get the hd 7990 now instead of waiting till the end of Q4 for the hd 8xxx which will most likely be a incremental gpu improvement like the 780.

Hi all,
I'm looking to get feedback on the temperature HD7990 in CrossfireX.
Does anyone have two 7990 in crossfire? What temperature do you have with the current drivers?
Thx!

Back