AMD Radeon HD 7970 CrossFire Bundle Lucky Draw

Awesome bang for the buck. Always bought ATI\AMD cards to piss Nvidia fanbois off.

Competition. I like AMD because it keeps nVidia on pushing for performance/features.
That, and I always tend to favour the underdog.

Like AMDs low power draw for performance, and king of GPU compute!

Wow, Nice bundle! Been a long time since I sported an AMD Video card. I'd love for this to be the invite back to the fold :)

What I like about AMD's latest GPUs are that they accelerate everyday applications that I use like Adobe Creative Suite 6, supports displays up to 4096x2160, supports stereo 3D, has universal bezel compensation, and supports up to six monitors.

The automatic overclocking is just the icing on the cake. :)

Last edited:
I used to have a 4850x2 and that was a beast in games until my power supply died and took the card with it; this one would be much better! I would definitely max out all the graphics for my games if I win one.

Cheers,
-G

I just ordered a 7970 to replace the 4850x2 in my primary workstation, it should arrive tomorrow, can't wait to install it. I was tempted to go green this time, especially since a few months back I went with gtx 680 in my gaming workstation. But I couldn't justify the Nvidia price premium for basically the same performance and the same number of 2560x1440 capable ports.

I wouldn't mind winning a 2nd one. :)

AMD's performance has never disappointed me. I remember ATI's 9700 pro back in they day, ah memories.

Also, it would be a good upgrade since I am thinking about moving to 2560x1440 :).

AMD cards are very overclock-able.

And I could really use a new card :)

Agressive driver update schedule, solid multi-monitor support, oh, and they're kinda fast? :D

I like AMD video cards because they have the right balance between price and performance ratio. They give you more bang for your buck.

I've been a fan of AMD/ATi video cards for over 17 years now and current generation adds to their already bloated accolades of great hardware!

Fantastic price for the performance, backed by a development team dedicated to continuous driver improvement.

wow, [H] going all out here. with the latest drivers, AMD has really stepped up when comparing them to gtx 680's and often surpassing the 680 in performance

good luck everybody

Love how their latest drivers have upped the ante. Looking for something to power this 2560x1440 beastie I have!

One 7970 is strong enough, two is just crazy. the power these cards have is awesome, the best part is multi monitor support (eyefinity), playing games on 3 monitors or more because its capable of doing so is even better. racing in dirt games or playing mmo's these cards handle it with ease. on the more technical side of them, the 7970's overclock really well. to end it off, 7970 crossfire looks uber in a case, thats right uber :cool:

Gaming price/performance ratio, large VRAM and memory bandwidth, tessellation performance, and compute performance.

I like that I can play all my games maxed out with one, 2 more will be better.

Good pricing and good overclock capability are what is important to me and AMD has been satisfying those needs.

I have a 7970 now - bought it on launch day. love it! fast as hell on my single monitor. add two more to the mix for trifire and oh boi! I'll have to buy a couple more monitors.

Well I have Dell 3008 and two watercooled 6970. This would be nice upgrade. This days my setup is already choaking :(

MD

Cant beat the price/performance of the 7970 in either Ghz or standard form.

The HD 7970 GHz is a truly awesome piece of engineering. But by far my favorite thing about the latest and greatest generation from AMD is that the cards are simply great performers that are priced well and offer great features.

Back