AMD Radeon Adrenaline 21.10.4

ghostwich

2[H]4U
(Edited to stay up to date)

LOL fixes for Guardians of the Galaxy.

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-21-10-4

Fixed Issues​

• Visual corruption may be observed while playing Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy on some AMD Graphics products such as Radeon RX 6800 Graphics.
(Historical edits below)

Support for Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy, Riders Republic, Age of Empires IV, and Doom Eternal's 6.66 patch.

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-21-10-3

Support For
  • Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy
    • up to 21% performance increase in 4K Ultra Settings with the 6800XT and 6900XT as compared to 21.10.2
  • Rider's Republic
  • Age of Empires IV
    • up to 45% performance increase with the 6800XT
  • Doom Eternal's 6.66 patch
Fixed Issues
  • In Radeon™ Software, the CPU Tuning feature may be missing for some users with AMD Processors such as Ryzen™ 9 5950X Processor.
  • Some users may experience elevated disk space consumption by the Multimedia Athena Dumps folder.
  • While playing a game, some users may experience a black screen flicker if they have multiple displays connected and they attempt to switch between open windows (via Alt + Tab shortcut).
  • Battlefield™ V may crash during gameplay on some AMD Graphics products such as Radeon™ RX 6600 Graphics.
  • Image corruption may be observed on some characters when Radeon™ Boost is enabled while playing Cyberpunk 2077® on some AMD Graphics products such as Radeon™ RX 6700 XT Graphics.
Known Issues
  • Users may experience display corruption issues when they set their Samsung™ Odyssey G9 C49G95T monitor to 5120X1440 @ 240Hz.
  • Visual artifacts may be observed while playing Call of Duty®: Black Ops Cold War on some AMD Graphics products such as Radeon™ RX 6800M Graphics.
  • AMD Radeon™ Software may crash or become unresponsive while playing some DirectX® 11 games such as PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds™ with multiple displays connected in extended mode.
  • Enhanced Sync may cause a black screen to occur when enabled on some games and system configurations. Any users who may be experiencing issues with Enhanced Sync enabled should disable it as a temporary workaround.
  • Radeon performance metrics and logging features may intermittently report extremely high and incorrect memory clock values.
AMD Link for Windows Known Issues
  • Intermittent grey frame corruption might be observed when streaming with HEVC on certain configurations via an Internet connection. A workaround is to use the AVC encoding setting instead.

Support for Back 4 Blood and Riftbreaker.

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-21-10-2

Support For
  • Back 4 Blood
  • The Riftbreaker
Fixed Issues
  • Driver timeouts or black screens may be experienced while playing Assassin’s Creed Origins on some AMD Graphics products such as Radeon RX 580 Graphics.
  • Some users may experience a game freeze when they attempt to launch Dota 2 using OpenGL.
  • Open Broadcaster Software may continue to run in the background after a user ends a recording session and closes the application.
Known Issues
  • Some users may experience elevated memory consumption by the Multimedia Athena Dumps folder.
  • In Radeon Software, the CPU Tuning feature may be missing for some users with AMD Processors such as Ryzen 9 5950X Processor.
  • AMD Radeon Software may crash or become unresponsive while playing some DirectX 11 games such as PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds with multiple displays connected in extended mode.
  • Enhanced Sync may cause a black screen to occur when enabled on some games and system configurations. Any users who may be experiencing issues with Enhanced Sync enabled should disable it as a temporary workaround.
  • Radeon performance metrics and logging features may intermittently report extremely high and incorrect memory clock values.
AMD Link for Windows Known Issues
  • Intermittent grey frame corruption might be observed when streaming with HEVC on certain configurations via an Internet connection. A workaround is to use the AVC encoding setting instead.

(original post below)​

Support for Windows 11 (Windows Driver Store Version 30.0.13025.1000), Far Cry 6, and BF2042's open beta. And a big list of fixes (if you believe that they've fixed those problems!) including the one long standing issue affecting Horizon Zero Dawn.

Go here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-21-10-1

Support For​

• Microsoft Windows 11 Operating System
  • Far Cry 6
    • Up to 10% increase in performance in Far Cry 6 @ 1080p Ultra Settings with raytracing enabled, using Radeon Software Adrenalin 21.10.1 on the 12 GB Radeon RX 6700 XT graphics card, versus the previous software driver version 21.9.2.
    • Up to 12% increase in performance in Far Cry 6 @ 4K Medium Settings, using Radeon Software Adrenalin 21.10.1 on the 16 GB Radeon RX 6800 XT graphics card, versus the previous software driver version 21.9.2.
    • Up to 13% increase in performance in Far Cry 6 @ 1440p Medium Settings with raytracing enabled, using Radeon Software Adrenalin 21.10.1 on the 8 GB Radeon RX 6600 XT graphics card, versus the previous software driver version 21.9.2.
  • Battlefield 2042 (Open Beta)
  • Naraka: Bladepoint
  • PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds
    • DirectX 12
      • Up to 11% increase in performance in PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds @ 4K Ultra Settings with DX12, using Radeon Software Adrenalin 21.10.1 on the 16 GB Radeon RX 6800 XT graphics card, versus the previous software driver version 21.9.2.

Fixed Issues​

• Playing Horizon Zero Dawn for an extended period may lead to driver timeouts or game crash on some AMD Graphics products such as Radeon RX 6700 XT.
  • Driver timeouts may be experienced while playing a game & streaming a video simultaneously on some AMD Graphics products such as Radeon RX 500 Series Graphics.
  • Some users may experience high idle memory clock speed values when two or more monitors are connected to their system.
  • Driver timeouts may be experienced while playing The Medium on some AMD Graphics products such as Radeon RX 6700 XT.
  • On full GPU load, Radeon Software may incorrectly display higher than actual GPU power consumption values.
  • While playing Wreckfest or Arma 3, image corruption may be experienced when viewing foliage.

Known Issues​

• Open Broadcaster Software may continue to run in the background after a user ends a recording session and closes the application.
  • AMD Radeon Software may crash or become unresponsive while playing some DirectX 11 games such as PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds with multiple displays connected in extended mode.

AMD Link for Windows Known Issues​

Last edited:
I lost my HDMI sound with this driver installed the normal way. I noticed that the Radeon Software icon wasn't running and it failed to manually launch with an error message to reset the software to factory. I reinstalled the driver with the option to reset the settings and everything seems to be working so far.

Figured that I'd mention this on the off chance that someone experiences the same issue.

I lost my HDMI sound with this driver installed the normal way. I noticed that the Radeon Software icon wasn't running and it failed to manually launch with an error message to reset the software to factory. I reinstalled the driver with the option to reset the settings and everything seems to be working so far.

Figured that I'd mention this on the off chance that someone experiences the same issue.
That sucks. The 21.9.x drivers were a pretty big jump (i.e. you could not take configs from 21.8.x) but 21.9.x to 21.10.x seems like a pretty minor one.

But then again, they do manage to seemingly mess up Ryzen Master with every update to either Adrenaline, chipset, or Ryzen Master itself. (It is working for me right now but I've honestly had it fail between reboots before).

thnx op!
ive had issues even when they added the "clean" option so i still ddu first.

Well they got that Win 11 approved in there just in time.

New driver for Guardians of the Galaxy, interesting. Clawing back 20% means stuff like aggressive LOD cutoffs or other corner cutting fine tuning.

… And of course the drivers cause lighting issues in Guardians of the Galaxy- roll back to 21.10.2.

Kitguru released there review and used driver 21 . 10 . 2 for all AMD video cards .. don't know if they would retest with 21 .10. 4

Back