AMD Radeon 6700 XT Launch Live Stream - 10am 3/3/21

I gotta admit - since the 6800XT, reference AMD cards look (and sound - noise levels) impressive.
At $479 SEP (and whatever retailers actually list it at) - there's still quite a gap in its current gen, unless they're just happy to fill that out with 5700/5700XT?

Not that the 3060 is doing much better ($329 'msrp' resulting in a $389 eVGA unit at Microcenter lol) - but if the slides are to be believed for 1440P, maybe talks about the 6700 non-XT don't really matter yet.

I don't think everyone understands just how big a deal this is. AMD does not have close to the resources that NVIDIA or Intel have and this is a huge deficit for them when it comes to competing. Quite frankly, I am surprised that AMD is competing how well it is when it comes to the current market.
Well Intel and Nvidia have made that possible.

Nvidia makes lots and lots of money yes that is true. Yes they spend WAY more on R&D.... however its what they spend it on. All we have to do is look at their "designed for games first" GPUs the last few years to see how AMD has been able to sort of keep pace. Nvidia has prioritized non gaming uses for their chips... tensor cores where not added to GPUs for games. They may have found some cool ways to use them in games (well developers don't seem to be quite as jazzed as Nvidia but still) however they are in the silicon for other markets.

So to sort of keep pace with Nvidia on raster all AMD has to do is spend their R&D budget there and figuring out how to boost raster over grafting AI and Compute stuff in. If Nvidia really was to spend a large chunk of that R&D budget set out to destroy all gaming competition I bet they could do just that.

On the Intel front... well ya Intels hubris seems to be what has allowed AMD to hang. Even their new CEO can't help himself from saying painfully cringy things.. the big brains here at Intel will fix everything and we will CRUSH all in every market we touch cause we are Intel. (lol Paraphrasing but that is what he sounds like)

I guess I am belittling AMD a bit... I mean good on them for staying laser focused. A few years back they where spread pretty thin. Killing projects like AMD ARM ect... was for sure the way to go. Going forward hopefully they are taking all the new profits they have been making at stay focused. At least now they should be able to spend on their CPU and GPU teams at the same time. :)

Intel can't exactly price to the market, because they are basically an unknown entry into the ring, they are the ultimate underdog. Their brand is actually a detriment to their product, and they have years of stigma against their drivers, and manufacturing process to go against. They will price their first commercial launch in a way to get them a foothold, then gradually increase prices from there to reach a stage of price/performance equilibrium with the others, hopefully, it brings them all lower but anything to get more product to the market the better.
We are talking about Intel. I completely believe the leadership at Intel would rather have a hard time selling the stock they produce then be seen as the value option. IMO the chances of them coming into the market and pricing their cards drastically under the closest market comparison are only slightly above zero.

I don't think they are completely diluted... I just doubt they would want to set a precedent of Intel = Value. I'm sure their first cards will be super low volume... and Intel probably knows they will be able to sell them to Linux running GPU compute type universities ect. Intel won't ramp production up to MASS market unless they honestly believe they have a winner. I gotta say though I am REALLY looking forward to see what Intel can deliver... and how well they integrate them into Clear Linux.

We are talking about Intel. I completely believe the leadership at Intel would rather have a hard time selling the stock they produce then be seen as the value option. IMO the chances of them coming into the market and pricing their cards drastically under the closes performance market comparison are only slightly above zero.
You have to also remember that Intel sells most of its stock to OEMs, not at retail. Intel likely has deeply discounted their chips to OEMS for quite a while now to try to hold AMD down, especially when it comes to mobile parts, but until recently resisted dropping prices on their retail chips. The bottom has pretty well fallen out of 10 series pricing over the last month or so.

You have to also remember that Intel sells most of its stock to OEMs, not at retail. Intel likely has deeply discounted their chips to OEMS for quite a while now to try to hold AMD down, especially when it comes to mobile parts, but until recently resisted dropping prices on their retail chips. The bottom has pretty well fallen out of 10 series pricing over the last month or so.
Intel doesn't have to discount their chips to OEM's to hold AMD down, AMD can't supply the OEM's with chips, their own supply chain does a better job of keeping them where they are than any discounts Intel could offer. They got sued for offering volume discounts so they stopped doing that and now just stick to their published price per 1000 and their profits were better for it.

We are talking about Intel. I completely believe the leadership at Intel would rather have a hard time selling the stock they produce then be seen as the value option. IMO the chances of them coming into the market and pricing their cards drastically under the closest market comparison are only slightly above zero.

I don't think they are completely diluted... I just doubt they would want to set a precedent of Intel = Value. I'm sure their first cards will be super low volume... and Intel probably knows they will be able to sell them to Linux running GPU compute type universities ect. Intel won't ramp production up to MASS market unless they honestly believe they have a winner. I gotta say though I am REALLY looking forward to see what Intel can deliver... and how well they integrate them into Clear Linux.
The Intel=Value no, but if they were to align their prices towards where the crowd thinks they should be for a launch using the GTX 1000 series as a baseline then they aren't "value" but then they just need to come across as "not greedy" Nobody is expecting Intel to come out the gate with performance on par with the RTX 3000, or the AMD 6000, but everybody agrees that the RTX 2000 series set a bad bar for price/performance. If Intel were to go instead off of the 1000 series as a price/performance stance they could come out as the good guys which would be a super weird position for them to be in. Intel for storage, processing, service, and support, they have their reputations there and generally it's positive, but in gaming, they are 100% unknown and they are going to have to play the price/performance game if they want any chance to their parts taking off outside of the mobile OEM lineup.

But is it selling at MSRP in stores???
IF you can get it at Best Buy, the reference model, then maybe. But I doubt stores like Newegg, Amazon, Microcenter ect. are going to sell them at MSRP.

That's the frustrating part. I've been ready to buy a new graphics card for 5 months. Best Buy sells what I want at MSRP, but its never in stock & probably wont be for the foreseeable future.

Last edited:
The Intel=Value no, but if they were to align their prices towards where the crowd thinks they should be for a launch using the GTX 1000 series as a baseline then they aren't "value" but then they just need to come across as "not greedy" Nobody is expecting Intel to come out the gate with performance on par with the RTX 3000, or the AMD 6000, but everybody agrees that the RTX 2000 series set a bad bar for price/performance. If Intel were to go instead off of the 1000 series as a price/performance stance they could come out as the good guys which would be a super weird position for them to be in. Intel for storage, processing, service, and support, they have their reputations there and generally it's positive, but in gaming, they are 100% unknown and they are going to have to play the price/performance game if they want any chance to their parts taking off outside of the mobile OEM lineup.
I agree with you to get a foot hold in the market they would for sure have to compete price wise. Still its Intel. I think their leadership would honestly rather fail miserably... keep their OEM contracts and call it a day, then for even one quarter be seen to sell a product for less then anyone else. I expect their first cards will probably compete at least in some benchmarks with cards like the 6700. If rumors are to be believed that is exactly what they are targeting with the first gen... and I believe they can hit 6700/3600 range performance. Do I believe for a second Intel will do that and come in with a MSRP of say even $450. Nope hell no not Intel. :)

Also I know the 5700 XT's were going for around $325 before COVID started, so I have doubts you paid $425 for a 5700 XT. This was the conundrum of RDNA1.0 because nobody bought the 5700's and the prices fell, especially the 5700 XT because you can bios flash a 5700 into a 5700 XT. Then AMD releases the 5600XT for $280, which they must have been ignoring the market value of the 5700's because those cards at some point have fallen bellow $300. Of course now a 5700 has gone to bazinga prices but those prices shouldn't be taken serious.

I bought my Sapphire Pulse 5700xt two months ago for $480 and sold it yesterday for $450.

At $479 SEP (and whatever retailers actually list it at) - there's still quite a gap in its current gen, unless they're just happy to fill that out with 5700/5700XT?
I think they stopped making 5700 cards. Would be stupid to make more 5700's when they also use 7nm to make them. Unless AMD has a lot in inventory and need a way to remove them from stock?
Not that the 3060 is doing much better ($329 'msrp' resulting in a $389 eVGA unit at Microcenter lol) - but if the slides are to be believed for 1440P, maybe talks about the 6700 non-XT don't really matter yet.
AMD's press release said there's no plans for a regular 6700. There was no regular 5600 so that could be the case with the 6700, but it does ask the question what AMD will do for lower tier GPU's if there's no regular 6700?

but everybody agrees that the RTX 2000 series set a bad bar for price/performance.
While RTX 2000 had a bad price/performance upgrade over GTX 1000 cards, the RTX 3000 cards seem to be pushing gamers away from the sub $300 market. Is there going to be a RTX 3050 or are we getting more GTX cards?

RTX 3060 = RTX 2060 Super
RTX 3060Ti = RTX 2080 Super
RTX 3070 = RTX 2080 Ti
RTX 3080 = Makes RTX 2080 Ti owners sad in their wallet.
RTX 3090 = Makes RTX 3090 owners sad in their wallet
If Intel were to go instead off of the 1000 series as a price/performance stance they could come out as the good guys which would be a super weird position for them to be in. Intel for storage, processing, service, and support, they have their reputations there and generally it's positive, but in gaming, they are 100% unknown and they are going to have to play the price/performance game if they want any chance to their parts taking off outside of the mobile OEM lineup.
Intel will certainly be pushing for better price/performance than AMD or Nvidia, but that's not the problem. The problem is who is going to make their GPU's? At this point all we're doing is giving TSMC more business, or Samsung if Intel goes that route. It's a shame that Intel never expanded and evolved their own manufacturing because they could have made the chips themselves. But more choices are better either way and having Intel getting into the GPU market would still help.

PC gamers keep paying the ever-increasing prices, so, they’ve just stuck to that.
How many people here have paid those ever increasing prices? Anyone here wanna admit they over paid for a GPU? How about a PS5?

Intel will certainly be pushing for better price/performance than AMD or Nvidia, but that's not the problem. The problem is who is going to make their GPU's? At this point all we're doing is giving TSMC more business, or Samsung if Intel goes that route. It's a shame that Intel never expanded and evolved their own manufacturing because they could have made the chips themselves. But more choices are better either way and having Intel getting into the GPU market would still help.
Intel is probably going to be up in TSMC 5nm alongside Apple as they have already confirmed to be doing a testbed of i3's scheduled for later this year on that node. But Intel's process does not lend itself well to GPU applications, which is supposed to change going forward on its 7nm but to date their design process was more for GPU-specific things and it apparently doesn't translate over to GPU design. So Intel probably isn't looking to put out huge volumes of parts but they will have the manufacturing advantage there and they get in on it before AMD can which is more of a flex than anything else really.

I think they stopped making 5700 cards. Would be stupid to make more 5700's when they also use 7nm to make them. Unless AMD has a lot in inventory and need a way to remove them from stock?

AMD's press release said there's no plans for a regular 6700. There was no regular 5600 so that could be the case with the 6700, but it does ask the question what AMD will do for lower tier GPU's if there's no regular 6700?

While RTX 2000 had a bad price/performance upgrade over GTX 1000 cards, the RTX 3000 cards seem to be pushing gamers away from the sub $300 market. Is there going to be a RTX 3050 or are we getting more GTX cards?

RTX 3060 = RTX 2060 Super
RTX 3060Ti = RTX 2080 Super
RTX 3070 = RTX 2080 Ti
RTX 3080 = Makes RTX 2080 Ti owners sad in their wallet.
RTX 3090 = Makes RTX 3090 owners sad in their wallet

How many people here have paid those ever increasing prices? Anyone here wanna admit they over paid for a GPU? How about a PS5?
The post above your someone admitted to paying $480 for a 5700 XT just a few months ago. (I assume that is USD) In Sept 2019 I paid $200 less.

So in a year that card went up $200 street price. Ya people are buying them.... and what can you do that is the current price. If your old GPU is dead or starting to hit that 4-5 year mark where its existence in your rig is hurting your gamer pride. You pay I guess.

I have once had to resort to a 3'rd party who charged me a fortune for a 7551P, one of my host controllers cooked and I needed a replacement ASAP and while it was and still is under warranty the ETA for the part was upwards of 2 weeks and the 3'rd party could get it in my hands in 48h. So yeah think I paid an extra 2k over MSRP for that part, resold it a few weeks after the replacement from Dell arrived for basically that same amount so accounting was just thankful I managed to get it back up because it was hosting the legacy accounting data and we got hit with an audit asking for 20-year-old pension data. And yes while we did have backups it is extraordinarily difficult to get NT4 virtualized on new hardware and I am not sure how I even managed to make it work on that box.

Those people on Ebay are hunting for idiots with prices at $900. I'm not sure how successful they are with their idiot fishing but I'm not going to compare Ebay prices to MSRP and start calling it a deal. I could post my Vega 56 for $2k and make the $900 5700XT look like a great deal, but that's Ebay and nobody should be going by those prices above MSRP for buying a graphics card to play games. Also Bitcoin is now worth around $50k, so not everyone is buying these cards to play games.

Also I know the 5700 XT's were going for around $325 before COVID started, so I have doubts you paid $425 for a 5700 XT. This was the conundrum of RDNA1.0 because nobody bought the 5700's and the prices fell, especially the 5700 XT because you can bios flash a 5700 into a 5700 XT. Then AMD releases the 5600XT for $280, which they must have been ignoring the market value of the 5700's because those cards at some point have fallen bellow $300. Of course now a 5700 has gone to bazinga prices but those prices shouldn't be taken serious.
AMD's RDNA1 / Navi 1x cards are in a similar state. The most popular card, by far, is the RX 5700 XT, selling 280 units with a median price of $927. Yup, that's more than double the launch price. RX 5700 costs less but has only had 27 units sold in the past week, so good luck getting one. RX 5600 XT similarly costs 250% of the original price, and RX 5500 XT 8GB sits at nearly three times its launch price.

And you're right, I didn't pay $425. (it's probably what I told the wife) I went and looked at my invoice history - it was $444.08 after taxes and shipping ($409.99 before) from Newegg on 9/18/2019. Sapphire Pulse Radeon 5700XT. 6700XT is every bit worth $479, even before the GPU crunch, and more so now with 5700XT's going for nearly twice that on eBay RIGHT now. $921 is the MEDIAN.

is the 6700xt faster than the 5700xt?
According to AMD's benchies, absolutely. It bests a 3060Ti across the board, and a 3060Ti is about ~20% faster than the 5700XT.

6700XT is on par to a 3070, and the 3070 is a solid ~30% faster than a 5700XT.

damn, this looks really nice. Maybe close to 2080Ti when overclocked? I'm impressed with what AMD is doing with these fast, narrow GPUs.

The post above your someone admitted to paying $480 for a 5700 XT just a few months ago. (I assume that is USD) In Sept 2019 I paid $200 less.
That doesn't seem the same level of insanity as buying a 5700 XT for $900.
So in a year that card went up $200 street price. Ya people are buying them.... and what can you do that is the current price. If your old GPU is dead or starting to hit that 4-5 year mark where its existence in your rig is hurting your gamer pride. You pay I guess.
Good thing I don't have much pride in my PC. I tend to praise those who are still using 2500K's and GTX 970's than someone who bought a Ryzen 5900X with a RX 6800. To me those people won. That hardware is old and it still works today for every game. I do fear that my GPU might die someday, but I have a plan. I still got my RX 480 so I would just slap that into my PC and call it a day.

And you're right, I didn't pay $425. (it's probably what I told the wife) I went and looked at my invoice history - it was $444.08 after taxes and shipping ($409.99 before) from Newegg on 9/18/2019. Sapphire Pulse Radeon 5700XT. 6700XT is every bit worth $479, even before the GPU crunch, and more so now with 5700XT's going for nearly twice that on eBay RIGHT now. $921 is the MEDIAN.
That's nothing to brag. According to this chart the average price back in 2019 was $350 for a 5700. The 5700XT was averaging $400. If you look closely the 5700 definitely dipped bellow $300 a number of times. Hard to tell but the 5700XT looks like it got fairly close to $300 as well. It seems the prices started to increase around September and went to the moon at the start of 2021.

No the 6700XT is not worth every bit. Remember the majority of gamers are sub $300 and the 6700XT is no where near that price. See this Steam hardware survey? The 5700 XT owners are the 1%. Literally 1.02%. There's no regular 5700's, which to me suggests that a lot of people have flashed their 5700's into XT's. Either that or people are mining on them. Look at the RTX cards and how many people are using them on Steam? Not many RTX cards on there as well. If Nvidia's 3060 performs like the RTX 2060 Super then not many good things can be said about their products in the sub $300 market. AMD doesn't plan to make 6700's, at least not yet. Who knows if AMD plans to make GPU's for sub $300? Considering the PS5 performs like a GTX 1070 Ti then developers are not going to make games that make use of hardware like the 6700 XT. Enjoy Minecraft with Ray-Tracing, which I'm able to do anyway with my hardware. Kinda sucks though because everything gets too dark.

5700 graph
et.radeon-rx-5700.a587451d011ff10e72da0f0e4d6e92a7.png
5700XT graph
radeon-rx-5700-xt.1747376dd93baba6bef2df8fe9975d11.png

RE: DLSS/AI based upscaling

the open rumors are that AMD is working with Microsoft to produce an AI based upscaler. Using Azure cloud to power the AI training.
MS specifically asked for extra Machine Learning features in Xbox Series X, which PS5 doesn't exactly have.

I suspect every single Xbox exclusive game will use the tech. And then AMD will be able to port it to PC with DirectML and offer to PC developers.

Speculation is that we could see it in April/May

That doesn't seem the same level of insanity as buying a 5700 XT for $900.

Good thing I don't have much pride in my PC. I tend to praise those who are still using 2500K's and GTX 970's than someone who bought a Ryzen 5900X with a RX 6800. To me those people won. That hardware is old and it still works today for every game. I do fear that my GPU might die someday, but I have a plan. I still got my RX 480 so I would just slap that into my PC and call it a day.

The 5700XT was averaging $400. If you look closely the 5700 definitely dipped bellow $300 a number of times. Hard to tell but the 5700XT looks like it got fairly close to $300 as well. It seems the prices started to increase around September and went to the moon at the start of 2021.
It's MSRP was $399...for the reference card...prices increased around September because IRCC, that's when AIB 5700's started shipping...of which I was lucky enough to snag probably thee best bang for the buck model for $409.99. I remember having to camp Newegg for a week or two to get it. The AMD ref boards didn't sell well because of heat and noise, so they sat there listed at $349 and $399 dragging down the average price...

And the whole flashing a 5700 to 5700XT, wasn't a widely known thing when I bought my card. TPU didn't even do a write up on it till a whole month later - so I wouldn't have known even if it was.

Oh, and your old RX470 is worth twice what it was NIB right now.

Yeah, I am not going to lie, I bet a lot of folks are buying prebuilts here soon and parting out the rest of the system to get the GPU they want.
yep did that. Bought a whole system for 3500 with 3090 and parted out my rig and got 3k back easy lol. Still have some parts left over like SSD and power supply and water cooling unit and case. So break even, when 3090 alone are going for 2k+ retail and 3500 scalper pricing.

It's MSRP was $399...for the reference card...
As we know MSRP doesn't mean jack shit. So few people were buying 5700's that the prices fell drastically. Unlike today when prices have doubled. If I were an enterprising skilled Linux hacker, I would port Linux to PS5 and Xbox Series X because MSRP matters there. They're basically 8 core Ryzen CPU's with RDNA2 graphics that consumes around 200W of power. Think of the Monero you could be making.

The AMD ref boards didn't sell well because of heat and noise, so they sat there listed at $349 and $399 dragging down the average price...
I'm one of those people that would rather have a reference design cooler. I like the blower style cooler personally and I'm somewhat of a professional when it comes to cooling them down. I like my setup where my blower style Vega 56 blows its heat directly out the back and my CPU blows its heat out the top through a radiator. Most of my case air circulation is cooling everything else. Also I can easily replace the cooler with a water block or any universal cooler compared to AIB's where it's mostly a crap shot to get something to fit. AIB's for some reason tend to make the VRM's worse than the reference design unless you buy something expensive like Asus ROG cards.
And the whole flashing a 5700 to 5700XT, wasn't a widely known thing when I bought my card. TPU didn't even do a write up on it till a whole month later - so I wouldn't have known even if it was.
First thing I do when I buy a GPU is find out if there's a way to flash it to a tier better GPU. Tried this on my RX 480 4GB to see if it was secretly an 8GB. I found out the hard way that it wasn't. Tried this on my R9 Fury which turns out I got an R9 Fury where AMD did laser cut prevent them from becoming R9 Fury X's. Same with the Vega 56 I have. Doesn't look like AMD did anything to prevent people from doing this with the 5700's. People are trying to mod 6800's into XT's but nobody knows if AMD made this impossible.
Oh, and your old RX470 is worth twice what it was NIB right now.
If anything I might try mining on my hardware. Might as well get into the mining craze and make some fake money. I'm wondering if mining Ethereum is worth the electrical cost. My Vega 56 can do around 46 MH/s which with my electrical cost is around $100 of profits per month. That doesn't seem worth disabling my PC but I do have other machines that can mine but I haven't tested what a R9 Fury and RX 480 can do in MH/s. I wonder if mining on a Radeon HD 7850 is worth it?

As we know MSRP doesn't mean jack shit. So few people were buying 5700's that the prices fell drastically. Unlike today when prices have doubled. If I were an enterprising skilled Linux hacker, I would port Linux to PS5 and Xbox Series X because MSRP matters there. They're basically 8 core Ryzen CPU's with RDNA2 graphics that consumes around 200W of power. Think of the Monero you could be making.

I'm one of those people that would rather have a reference design cooler. I like the blower style cooler personally and I'm somewhat of a professional when it comes to cooling them down. I like my setup where my blower style Vega 56 blows its heat directly out the back and my CPU blows its heat out the top through a radiator. Most of my case air circulation is cooling everything else. Also I can easily replace the cooler with a water block or any universal cooler compared to AIB's where it's mostly a crap shot to get something to fit. AIB's for some reason tend to make the VRM's worse than the reference design unless you buy something expensive like Asus ROG cards.

First thing I do when I buy a GPU is find out if there's a way to flash it to a tier better GPU. Tried this on my RX 480 4GB to see if it was secretly an 8GB. I found out the hard way that it wasn't. Tried this on my R9 Fury which turns out I got an R9 Fury where AMD did laser cut prevent them from becoming R9 Fury X's. Same with the Vega 56 I have. Doesn't look like AMD did anything to prevent people from doing this with the 5700's. People are trying to mod 6800's into XT's but nobody knows if AMD made this impossible.

If anything I might try mining on my hardware. Might as well get into the mining craze and make some fake money. I'm wondering if mining Ethereum is worth the electrical cost. My Vega 56 can do around 46 MH/s which with my electrical cost is around $100 of profits per month. That doesn't seem worth disabling my PC but I do have other machines that can mine but I haven't tested what a R9 Fury and RX 480 can do in MH/s. I wonder if mining on a Radeon HD 7850 is worth it?
You are so full of shit on all fronts. +$10. Bottom of the chart to the top. No +$100 waterblock. Voiding warranties. Get a 2070S before doing all that.

fannoise_load.png

See ya March 18th in the thread where the 6700XT sells out instantly and shows up on eBay +50% SEP.

You are so full of shit on all fronts. +$10. Bottom of the chart to the top.

View attachment 335531
Excuse me Cynthia but what am I looking at here? What are you on about?
No +$100 waterblock. Voiding warranties. Get a 2070S before doing all that.
A. It don't have to be a $100 water block. If the cooler fails then there's plenty of reference coolers to replace it with, because they're all standard.
B. Since when does removing the cooler void warranty?
C. What does a 2070S have anything to do with anything?

Your Sapphire RX 5700 XT has worse VRM quality than reference design. You can see Buildzoid's video where he explains that the VRM quality on your card is worse than AIB. That's a common theme you see with AIB's as they cut costs a lot. Sapphire even cut corners by not putting in capacitors to filter. AIB's almost always cut back on VRM quality compared to reference and you're paying more compared to reference. I think Asus Strix cards are the only cards that actually improve the reference design. Remember when AIB's went cheap on capacitors compared to Nvidia reference and people thought that was causing crashing issues? Reference is almost always better quality than AIB.

See ya March 18th in the thread where the 6700XT sells out instantly and shows up on eBay +50% SEP.
At what point did you see me disagreeing with you on that? That's going to be the theme of 2021 in that nobody will be able to find any piece of entertainment electronics at MSRP. The 6700XT won't be sold out because it's a good buy, but because of miners, lack of supply, rampant unemployment, and of course scalpers. You could make any GPU right now and still have it sold out instantly. That's why Nvidia is making GTX 1050 Ti's because any GPU will sell.

Last edited:
I have my doubts on availability on AMD.com. I have never seen a 6000 series in stock or available to be purchased, and when a new launch happens, the site crashes. Very pessimistic.

AMD.com should be dropping any minute (but not the 6700xt, other stuff)

GO NOW if you are hunting for shit.

You have to click on the full product page to be able to cart anything.. 5950 still up. go go go

You have to click on the full product page to be able to cart anything.. 5950 still up. go go go
6900XT / 5950X / 5900X / 5800X / 5600X in stock!

edit: aaaaand they're gone. in less than 60 seconds. 5600X/5800X still up.

I got a 5800x cpu tried for the 5950x but didn't type fast enough. Guess I am building a new pc :)

6900XT / 5950X / 5900X / 5800X / 5600X in stock!

edit: aaaaand they're gone. in less than 60 seconds. 5600X/5800X still up.
I tried.. suppose not many people browsing the forums at the exact correct moment.

But yeah shit went fast. Maybe a 3 or 4 minute window on the 5800x cpu.. I didn't try for any of the GPU's (holding out for 3090)

AMD Direct shows stuff in stock... error message when I try to buy (again) :(

I tried.. suppose not many people browsing the forums at the exact correct moment.

But yeah shit went fast. Maybe a 3 or 4 minute window on the 5800x cpu.. I didn't try for any of the GPU's (holding out for 3090)
It's showing 5600X/5800X still in-stock for me. I didn't even see any GPUs other than the 6900XT, were there 6800's too? Wish I would have screenshotted it when the 6900XT & 5950/5900 were up, it gave me a feeling quite similar to a medieval peasant looking up and happening to see the queens golden carriage drive past, combined with the feeling of seeing the Loch Ness monster for the first time.

stepped away. Damnit.

I'm listening to a twitch stream where they watch for stock drops on GPU's, etc. He noticed something happening (stuff moving around was what I recall him saying) on the AMD page, so he felt like a drop was imminent. He was right. He knows the patterns. Zotac will drop at 3:10pm (but other times in the middle of the night), bestbuy is between 10am and 11am (usually). B&H 5:30pm on saturdays. Newegg shuffles open at noon, close at 3pm, and at 4pm they send emails to the winners.

I'm listening to a twitch stream where they watch for stock drops on GPU's, etc. He noticed something happening (stuff moving around was what I recall him saying) on the AMD page, so he felt like a drop was imminent. He was right. He knows the patterns. Zotac will drop at 3:10pm (but other times in the middle of the night), bestbuy is between 10am and 11am (usually). B&H 5:30pm on saturdays. Newegg shuffles open at noon, close at 3pm, and at 4pm they send emails to the winners.
yeah i noticed the amd.com stuff early this morning. and had been refreshing all morning. then stepped away to answer the door, when i came back, drop was over. ugh.

Back