AMD Radeon 6700 XT Launch Live Stream - 10am 3/3/21

it's like watching stockholm syndrome work its way into someone's mind.

$480 for a mid-range GPU? Seems fine!

Meanwhile, the GTX 970 launched at $329, the 1070 at $379, the 5700XT at $399...

these prices keep going up for the mid-range, and taking everything else with them. Pretty soon we're all going to be looking at $300+ GeForce 3050 cards and some of you guys are still going to think it's a good deal.

I can't wait to see what the inflated prices on the "new" 1050ti cards will be, and the hoops people will jump through to convince themselves they are reasonable.
i think GN steve hit the nail on the head in the 6700xt review video when he said the launch of the 6600 or whatever will be 5700xt performance at 5700xt launch price. Stagnation.

The cards just released yesterday and the supply on nVidia cards hasn't been great, either. At MSRP the 6700 is a decent value in today's market. I wouldn't buy any of the $600+ cards, but in yesterday's shuffle there was a decent selection of sub-$550 cards, and hopefully that will keep up.

Remember, most 3060 cards (not ti) in shuffle have been $500+, and the low end seems to mostly be the EVGA $389 card. Considering the 6700 is about 35-40% faster than the 3060 for standard raster workloads I'd say the $479 MSRP is fine for right now.
*waits for DukenukemX *

Get him Duke! :D
I really don't have to as nearly all the reviewers agree that this card is over priced. Gamers Nexus puts it perfectly within the first minute of their AMD RX 6700 XT tear down video, as Stephen Burke puts it. deruberhanyok who posted after you said it perfectly. It's very clear that even at MSRP the prices of these GPU's is too damn high. The Steam Hardware Survey is just sad with proof that anyone who thinks the pricing of any card after Pascal to be sane is insane. I like how some people act like the GTX 1050 Ti is barely good enough for a HTPC, but it's the #2 most used GPU, and with the 1650 and 1050 as subsequently popular GPU's. Keep in mind the average GPU is not a GTX 1060. You go down that list and you'll find GTX 970's, RX 480's, RX 550's, and Intel. So much Intel GPU's. You think game developers are going to ignore that list and develop for your RTX 3090's? You think developers are going to implement Ray-Tracing when nobody has a RTX or RX 6000 card? You guys should be mad that AMD and Nvidia aren't selling sub $200 graphic cards that can do Ray-Tracing because without a user base with those kind of cards then developers will only implement Ray-Tracing if AMD or Nvidia pays them.

If I keep going I'll blow a vein and get a nose bleed. I said before the launch that a 6700XT at $480 was all kinds of stupid and people here acted like I was retarded or something because it was suppose to perform like a RTX 3070. It doesn't even perform like a RTX 3060Ti. We also somehow forgot that AMD's Ray-Tracing implementation on the 6800 cards were bad and of course was far worse on the 6700XT. deruberhanyok was right that this is stockholm syndrome.

K7Nkh-r0BNbzl21_fTFIaRIX7j9g1MKeBdo5SaMy8kg.jpg

The cards just released yesterday and the supply on nVidia cards hasn't been great, either. At MSRP the 6700 is a decent value in today's market. I wouldn't buy any of the $600+ cards, but in yesterday's shuffle there was a decent selection of sub-$550 cards, and hopefully that will keep up.

Remember, most 3060 cards (not ti) in shuffle have been $500+, and the low end seems to mostly be the EVGA $389 card. Considering the 6700 is about 35-40% faster than the 3060 for standard raster workloads I'd say the $479 MSRP is fine for right now.
In games yes that is absolutely true, but in light workstation loads it looks to get spanked. Pricing should be pretty close to MSRP when buying 105 of them, I hope. Still waiting to hear the projects budget but we critically need at least 65. The existing i5 4670 (non K’s) running a mix of GTX 960’s and 1060’s are starting to fail in various ways and just don’t keep pace for the kids, some of their projects just take too long to complete.

AMD.com drop expected in about 45 minutes from this post timestamp.

Not sure if this GPU will be in it. CPU's more likely but could be anything.

Any minute now AMD.com should be dropping. Don't refresh too fast. Remember, you might need to click into the product to see the "Add to cart" , vs the main product list.

Edit: Could possibly be instead in 1 hour if they aren't following Daylight Savings Time.

Edit2: Well, was expected but nothing has happened.. sorry, false alarm.

Last edited:
Any minute now AMD.com should be dropping. Don't refresh too fast. Remember, you might need to click into the product to see the "Add to cart" , vs the main product list.

Edit: Could possibly be instead in 1 hour if they aren't following Daylight Savings Time.

Edit2: Well, was expected but nothing has happened.. sorry, false alarm.
everything is oos for me...

I have Add to Cart buttons now on the 6800XT and 6900XT, but they don't work. If it does, it says it was not added to my cart.

5800X and 5600X showing available. Nothing else.

Edit:. 3950X is back now.

Last edited:
5800X and 5600X showing available. Nothing else.
The real time trackers on youtube show that AMD did drop some cards. But they probably weren't available long enough for their main store page to show them as in-stock.

Back