AMD quad-core build (minus burner) for $299 after MIR (Dead Deal)

Dew itt right

2[H]4U
I know tigerdirect does these all the time but this one seems to be one of the best i've seen in a while. I snagged a set for a build I've got coming up. The rebates are hefty ($90) but this is pretty much a full tower minus the burner for $299. Plus it's got a video card and a spare 4Gb set of RAM you can sell off as well if you're cool with "only" having 4Gb of RAM and nVidia 8200 onboard graphics.

Not to mention MS Live Cashback is 5% (almost $20) which paid for my shipping as well...

LINK

TDDeal.JPG

My brother could definitely use this as he is strapped for cash but the old Athlon 64 x2 is getting outdated quick

I saw this earlier today and wasn't sure if I should post it or not. Decent if you have a burner.

My brother could definitely use this as he is strapped for cash but the old Athlon 64 x2 is getting outdated quick

I guess I could use it too lol...I got one of the last 939 X2s as an upgrade a few months ago :)

Yeah I'm seriously considering this. I want to upgrade my little brothers system. I'm not to fond of mail in rebates though.

seems like a really good deal to me, I mean if you bought all this as individual pieces what do you guys think it would run ...even if you didn't buy the case and PSU? Could use an upgrade for my 3800 X2 with 2 gigs...and even if it ain't the best chip in the world, seems like a pretty good deal. Or does tiger try to give you knock off brands for anything they don't list brands on?

dang. i missed it
i am sure they will come out with other barebones...

I think there was a 9950 deal with coupon (no rebate) on newegg the other day for $105.
The ram is worth $80
A cheap motherboard is $80 or so
Case + powersupply....$30 ? more ?

I suppose it's ok...

Not sure what a geforce 9600 is worth...I know I wouldn't use it :)

This would make a nice linux server box if you could sell off the 9600 for $$

Problem is, so would any of the systems people posting in this thread already have :)

It really depends what you already have/or not.

I don't think a celery 430 would make a particularly good linux server box (no vt, single core, low clock, etc) and I have one :)

Sweet! Ordered it Wednesday at 5pm and it was at my door when I got home from work today (48 hours later)! Installed Vista and everything is buzzing right along. The case looks really corny with the lights on but that's alright. Only real hang up is that the motherboard has an 8-pin CPU power connector and the power supply only has a 4-pin connector. Luckily I had a spare adapter but just a warning if you don't. Now let's hit those rebates...

I really need something like this for my music recording box.

Since this deal is dead, does anyone know of an alternative close to this amazing price?

Edit: Called TD.com up and they have literally nothing like this for anywhere near the price.

FUCK. I really needed a cheap box like this.

Last edited:
Back