AMD Q1 Earnings, Guidance Steamroll Estimates Amid Across-The-Board Strength

Centauri

2[H]4U
https://www.benzinga.com/news/earnings/21/04/20824622/amd-q1-earnings-guidance-steamroll-estimates-amid-across-the-board-strength?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+benzinga+(Benzinga+News+Feed)

AMD reported first-quarter non-GAAP earnings per share of 52 cents compared to 18 cents per share in the year-ago quarter. Revenues climbed 93% year-over-year from $1.79 billion to $3.45 billion.

Among the segments, Computing and Graphics fetched revenues of $2.10 billion or roughly 61% of the total. This segment grew its revenues 46% year-over-year and 7% quarter-over-quarter. The company attributed the strength to Ryzen processor and Radeon graphics product sales growth.

Enterprise, embedded and semi-custom segment saw revenue growth of 286% year-over-year and 5% sequentially to $1.35 billion, or 39% of the total revenues.

The company raised its full-year revenue growth guidance from 37% previously to 50%, while the Street is modeling 39% growth.

...wow

I like the growth, but 3.5b in revenue for a 100+b company. Too steep for me.

Huh?

AMD's 2021 guidance is almost $15bn. Add another $3-4bn annually once Xilinx is absorbed.

Nvidia is probably gonna wind up around $17-20bn and has a $400bn market cap.

Not sure what you're basing your valuations on, but AMD is primed.

Trading through 2000 crash.
I really don't think the Nvidias and AMDs of 2021 are the same as the VC cocaine startups of the bubble.

AMD and Nvidia are selling tangible things for actual money.

I'm not sure how anyone would find this surprising. They're selling every single part they can make before it's even made thanks to covid. And then factor in the fact that Intel has been too busy snorting cocaine out of a hooker's asscrack to get their act together. AMD wins by default.

Reactions: Mega6
like this
Back