AMD Price Cuts Now Official

ir0nw0lf said:
No such CPU. I believe you meant the X2 3800+ 35W or the single-core Athlon 64 3500+ 35W, no such thing as the X2 3500+ 35W at this time.

No?

eeeeeeeeeeee.jpg

Cool, just ordered an AM2 x2 4200+ from mwave.com, hopefully it comes here this week :D.

I don't think I'm going to find a 5000+ anywhere for a while. Guess I'll just get a 4600+ and overclock it a little.

Watch, tomorrow there's 5000+'s everywhere. :p

Oh and it looks like ZZF has the new prices now, sort of.

Does anyone know where to find the EE versions? I've been looking around and I don't see that New Egg sells them...

KarFai said:
Does anyone know where to find the EE versions? I've been looking around and I don't see that New Egg sells them...

ATACOM appears to have them, both the 35W and 65W. However, the prices are far beyond even the old price, let alone the price drops. The 35W 3800+ is $400. I'll pass :D

man, retailers are slow to provide us with the lowered prices. zzf, newegg still on old prices

alphaone: no dice on the 5000+ at Fry's. And the 4600+ was way overpriced at $300. Stupid B&W stores.

Waaah, i want my 5000+.

Well I broke down and ordered the 4600+ @ $250 instead of waiting for the 5000+. Got it at ZZF and upgraded to 2-day shipping for $2. Yay.

jeez, zzf and newegg are tigher then jews with their money. when will the prices drop at these etailers?

gurgle said:
jeez, zzf and newegg are tigher then jews with their money. when will the prices drop at these etailers?
... Ugh, ZZP has dropped prices on their AM2 chips and Newegg has already dropped their prices earlier this afternoon.

Next time you want to speak out of your ass please take a look first to make sure you're not wrong. :rolleyes:

enelson125 said:
Well I broke down and ordered the 4600+ @ $250 instead of waiting for the 5000+. Got it at ZZF and upgraded to 2-day shipping for $2. Yay.
Hmmm... How much money would I have to spend for a Conroe to beat that X2 4600+? Consider the fact that I don't have a computer yet, so I'm building from scratch.

Somebody please explain to me why I shouldn't pull the trigger on this chip.

Here's What my rep from newegg said

Dear John,
Thank you for contacting Newegg.
As you may or may not know the prices within the electronics industry is very volatile. Newegg tries to keep its' prices as competitive as possible. Whenever a situation occurs regarding a price increase or decrease, by any manufacturer. Newegg will reflect that price increase or decrease on its' website. Running our website in real-time, enables Newegg to pass on any savings immediately. Whether it’s in the cost of products or in shipping cost. If the price had changed within the same day you ordered your item or listed at another price in one of advertisements, Newegg would be able to accommodate you on any price adjustments. If there were an increase in pricing, Newegg would not change your original price to the newly increased price prior to shipping your item out.
Newegg provides discounts in various forms: Daily specials, Monthly Blowouts, Instant Rebates and Manufacturer Rebates and also Holiday Specials. This would be something you can check into on a regular basis.
Newegg also has an option called PRICE ALERT, which you enter in your information (i.e. email address) and the maximum price you would pay for this item. If the price of this item reaches the one that you have entered. You will be emailed an alert of the reduced price on the requested item.
If you have any further questions or concerns, please visit our FAQs page.

-(Xyphox)- said:
Here's What my rep from newegg said

Dear John,
Thank you for contacting Newegg.
As you may or may not know the prices within the electronics industry is very volatile. Newegg tries to keep its' prices as competitive as possible. Whenever a situation occurs regarding a price increase or decrease, by any manufacturer. Newegg will reflect that price increase or decrease on its' website. Running our website in real-time, enables Newegg to pass on any savings immediately. Whether it’s in the cost of products or in shipping cost. If the price had changed within the same day you ordered your item or listed at another price in one of advertisements, Newegg would be able to accommodate you on any price adjustments. If there were an increase in pricing, Newegg would not change your original price to the newly increased price prior to shipping your item out.
Newegg provides discounts in various forms: Daily specials, Monthly Blowouts, Instant Rebates and Manufacturer Rebates and also Holiday Specials. This would be something you can check into on a regular basis.
Newegg also has an option called PRICE ALERT, which you enter in your information (i.e. email address) and the maximum price you would pay for this item. If the price of this item reaches the one that you have entered. You will be emailed an alert of the reduced price on the requested item.
If you have any further questions or concerns, please visit our FAQs page.

sorry I can't resist. You got a "Dear John". lol

Back