AMD Press Conference at Computex

Dude you have to be stupid to not know specs now. FE edition is Vega. Jesus!
No it isn't, and stop trying to claim they are identical. If they are identicle there would be no reason to not give out more information than they have or wait till end of July to launch/announce/paper launch/ whatever.

They did not say shit about performance. You have to be stupid to think that it wont perform. Shit the frontier edition is running at 1600mhz. It looks like they are launching FE edition ahead and month later vega. Probably threadripper and vega launching together with hard launch. They are probably stacking up supply of HBM2 lol.

Apologist fanboy says what? We don't need a bingo card for the Vega NON-ANNOUCEMENT, we need one for how many posts this guy's going to make apologizing for AMD.

YOU have to be rather dense to think Vega is going to take the performance crown, at this point. Keep living in la la land.

FTFY :p

Sorry, I couldn't help myself. I have flip-floped between ATI (I still refuse to call it AMD) and Nvidia over the years so I am no fan boy of either.

You're 100% correct heh, could have been running 4k @37 with freesync haha. But with the screen tearing I saw in that demo, I have a feeling it was pushing some pretty high framerates

Again they teased Vega news at computex and again they did not really deliver. The only interesting news is Thread ripper, but I can't imagine that being more then 2ghz a core with the way RYZEN throttles.

EDIT Still not as bad as the teased news just being the name will stay Vega

Launch = announcement

They haven't even indicated card configurations or prices. They aren't going to go "Oh here's Vega and you can buy it right now" on July 30th.

Once again! You are ignorant. They can announce the damn specs and configuration and launch it week after. Not too hard to do and you can't really do shit about it. Not like you can force them to change specs.

Once again! You are ignorant. They can announce the damn specs and configuration and launch it week after. Not too hard to do and you can't really do shit about it. Not like you can force them to change specs.

kinda like Nvidia did with the 1080 Ti... but we won't mention that because Nvidia..

So they are going to announce it then and launch it later kind of like what he and lots of other people are saying.

No it isn't, and stop trying to claim they are identical. If they are identicle there would be no reason to not give out more information than they have or wait till end of July to launch/announce/paper launch/ whatever.
That's cuz it's not ready in sufficient quantities. If frontier edition is faster at gaming why the hell would amd make a gaming card slower then their pro card! Common their gamings cards are almost always clocked higher than pro cards. It's called Vega frontier edition. You just sound mad.

They were showing an high end system configuration. Thread ripper with dual vegas. What's wrong with that?

It was a dumb demo because it was a crossfire gaming demo. Crossfire isnt applicable or funtional for 90% of gamers or games. Are they trying to sugest that you need two Vega to play at 4k? Dumb. They had already shown Threadripper PCIE with the 4X Vega blender demo. so that isnt a excuse either. No matter where Vega performance ends up, that was a very poor way to preview it.

Apologist fanboy says what? We don't need a bingo card for the Vega NON-ANNOUCEMENT, we need one for how many posts this guy's going to make apologizing for AMD.

YOU have to be rather dense to think Vega is going to take the performance crown, at this point. Keep living in la la land.

Don't need it to I already have a 1080ti. But I am just trying knock some sense in to haters out in full force. You want to get a better idea of Vega gaming. Just wait till FE is benched I am sure someone will do it lol.

They did not say shit about performance. You have to be stupid to think that it wont perform. Shit the frontier edition is running at 1600mhz. It looks like they are launching FE edition ahead and month later vega. Probably threadripper and vega launching together with hard launch. They are probably stacking up supply of HBM2 lol.

AMD would have been stupid not to compare it to 1080 TI or Titan Xp if it didn't perform.

It was a dumb demo because it was a crossfire gaming demo. Crossfire isnt applicable or funtional for 90% of gamers or games. Are they trying to sugest that you need two Vega to play at 4k? Dumb. They had already shown Threadripper PCIE with the 4X Vega blender demo. so that isnt a excuse either. No matter where Vega performance ends up, that was a very poor way to preview it.

They didn't really need a threadripper either for that demo! Lol.

Don't need it to I already have a 1080ti. But I am just trying knock some sense in to haters out in full force. You want to get a better idea of Vega gaming. Just wait till FE is benched I am sure someone will do it lol.

ugh.. if I have to. You guys send me over a couple and I'll get after it :D

AMD would have been stupid not to compare it to 1080 TI or Titan Xp if it didn't perform.
Compare the FE when it comes out. You will know more about Vega. It's the same damn chip, may be without optimized gaming drivers.

Showing that you need two Vegas to run a game at 4K with unknown performance is a huge letdown. You can't sugarcoat that NKD. This is a market that expects new halo products to run 4K on a single card.

Last edited:
3rd time posting this... they did not say or show framerates in the Prey demo, it would have been running at 4k 3000 FPS for all we know
Well, every single marketing has a purpose.. if they could do 3000 fps they will be posting that all over.
If they could do single card 60fps with the highest settings, they would do it. By using 2 cards to show that, and not showing the performance/settings, is covering up.

Why would they show it if it's not fully optimized yet. It's it was a turd they would have cuz remember rx 480 crossfire compared to 1080? Atleast they didn't do anything stupid like that. We have general idea for Vega. It will be launched in decent quantities. May be amd doesn't want to run in to same situation again as fury.

unknown.png

poor volta

Whole lot of Ryzen owners on the AMD reddit who are ready to chuck the idea of an all red build and say fuck it and go for a Ti now or even some saying if I'm going to wait might as well wait for volta.

Showing that you need two Vegas to run a game at 4K with unknown performance is a huge letdown. You can sugarcoat that NKD. This is a market that expects new halo products to run 4K on a single card.
Bro! They didn't show you shit! I bet you $100 bucks you won't need two cards to play that game. Did you see fps counter? Scapegoat? Rocking a watercooled 1080ti here. I just don't hate a product that's not even out. Get real! FE is already clocked at 1600 and was running sniper elite 60+ fps at 4k. You telling me that game requires more power? I got a bridge to sell you.

Compare the FE when it comes out. You will know more about Vega. It's the same damn chip, may be without optimized gaming drivers.

And if it's under-performing the competition the excuses will continue to fly. It's the same problem AMD has with nearly EVERY.SINGLE.GPU.LAUNCH. One excuse or blunder after another. 7970 was inexcusably loud. Hawaii was even louder and throttled. Fury X didn't outperform 980 TI (like AMD said it would), wasn't "overclocker's dream," and had faulty pumps. RX 480 had PCIe power overdraw issues. RX 580 was/is viewed as an over-volted gas guzzling RX 480.

I'd say 40% of the issues AMD has is it's fan whips up expectations that are impossible to meet. There isn't a whole lot AMD can do about that, besides shut their mouths and let products speak for themselves. The other 60% though, first impression product launches, AMD straight up sucks at. And again, excuses will fly.

Bro! They didn't show you shit! I bet you $100 bucks you won't need two cards to play that game. Did you see fps counter? Scapegoat? Rocking a watercooled 1080ti here. I just don't hate a product that's not even out. Get real! FE is already clocked at 1600 and was running sniper elite 60+ fps at 4k. You telling me that game requires more power? I got a bridge to sell you.

Remember this ?

amd_notizia-2.jpg

Remember this ?

amd_notizia-2.jpg

Yea go back read my thread I did notate that. But this time no fps. That game was running fast as nuts. Shit fury x gives you 45 frames. You telling me Vega running 600+ MHz won't give you another 20fps. it was just a complete system demo. They didn't do that now did they? They they give you results and compared dual Vega to 1080ti? Hell no! No where close to what Raja did with rx 480.

And if it's under-performing the competition the excuses will continue to fly. It's the same problem AMD has with nearly EVERY.SINGLE.GPU.LAUNCH. One excuse or blunder after another. 7970 was inexcusably loud. Hawaii was even louder and throttled. Fury X didn't outperform 980 TI (like AMD said it would), wasn't "overclocker's dream," and had faulty pumps. RX 480 had PCIe power overdraw issues. RX 580 was/is viewed as an over-volted gas guzzling RX 480.

I'd say 40% of the issues AMD has is it's fan whips up expectations that are impossible to meet. There isn't a whole lot AMD can do about that, besides shut their mouths and let products speak for themselves. The other 60% though, first impression product launches, AMD straight up sucks at. And again, excuses will fly.

Where have they given you any comparisons against pascal? This is no where close to what rx 480 blunder was. Like I said wait for frontier edition and probably add another 10-15% on that for gaming Vega. Since raja said gaming Vega will be faster and more otptimized.

Yea go back read my thread I did notate that. But this time no fps. That game was running fast as nuts. Shit fury x gives you 45 frames. You telling me Vega running 600+ MHz won't give you another 20fps. it was just a complete system demo. They didn't do that now did they? They they give you results and compared dual Vega to 1080ti? Hell no! No where close to what Raja did with rx 480.

This shows you just how much of a spin they put on the demos for these events. if they are running not one but two Vega FEs for this demo, when a single 1080ti can comfortably hold 4k60 and not show any performance data whatsoever... Considering the lengths they went to to paint rx480 positively, I am rather suspicious...

Where have they given you any comparisons against pascal? This is no where close to what rx 480 blunder was. Like I said wait for frontier edition and probably add another 10-15% on that for gaming Vega. Since raja said gaming Vega will be faster and more otptimized.

Raja said it would be faster, specifically because it is using gaming optimized drivers. I would not expect consumer cards to clock above what the watercooled FE can handle.

Wrong. Don't get SLI and Crossfire confused. At this point Crossfire appears to work more reliably and faster than SLI.

http://amdcrossfire.wikia.com/wiki/Crossfire_Game_Compatibility_List

https://hardforum.com/threads/name-games-that-dont-work-with-multi-gpu.1930283/

Where have they given you any comparisons against pascal?

Exactly. They haven't. If they were confident they'd be showing performance along side their competition, much like they did with Polaris was still in development and much like they did Ryzen vs. Intel. Even though Vega has been demoed for months now, any comparisons vs. the competition have been entirely absent. Uncharacteristic of the AMD of late.

Raja promised that the wait would be worth it. How many people still believe that?

Good news mentioned already is all Threadriper cpu's will have 64 pcie lanes and quad channel. No castrated IO versions unlike Intel. Just need pricing on the models, I didn't hear if they are multiplier locked or unlocked.

Vega, the brightest star in the sky, not so bright tonight. Good grief, if they wait much longer they might as well launch Navi. If Vega ever launches I will probably just wonder when Navi will launch, maybe NVidia can do some upsetting at Siggraph by showing off Volta.

RX Vega looks like a DOA product at this point. They won't release any performance metrics on it at all whatsoever. AMD was very honest about Ryzen's performance in regards to multi-threaded benchmarks where they excel. Gaming was never their top priority, Ryzen has improved via Bios updates and patches to games to make it competitive in gaming. And now the R5 1600 makes the i5 pretty much obsolete. They had the benchmarks and information available to show off their product ahead of launch. With Vega, they're two months away and we can't get any significant numbers at all whatsoever. The only reason to do that is to hide a poor result. I get what they're thinking though, they haven't won in the gaming market in years and don't have the budget to compete. Ryzen was an incredibly clever design with infinity fabric, we're lucky they're able to take on Intel and force them to lower their prices. Nvidia is going to just price their GPUs at will, they won't have any direct competition for the foreseeable future.

So Ryzen mobile actually looks really nice and could make a big difference. Vega, maybe not so much.

I mean, a single 1080 Ti can hit 60fps in 4K on Prey. So they need two Vegas, didn't show the FPS and had horrible screen-tearing? That's super shady to me.

I guess the guy at Intel who didn't register the X399/499/etc. names just lost his job?

They were showing an high end system configuration. Thread ripper with dual vegas. What's wrong with that?

Because anyone who's actually owned a crossfire system knows exactly how pointless it is if you want to actually enjoy your gaming experience. I had R9 290's in Xfire, and thought I was hot shit. (i was with all the heat they threw off) but the way a crossfire setup works is, you hope your game is supported, you hope the driver updates don't break what they just fixed in the last one, you finally realize what a waste of time/money the whole thing was vs a single card solution that has far less problems.

Used to be a big fan of AMD, but as we can see they just keep fumbling around with their hands in their pants. Whip that shit out and show the world AMD.

Who else is now budgeting for Threadripper plus a pair of 1080ti's and a trio of m2 drives in RAID0?

NVIDA was very honest and didn't tease the damn card for over a year.

They had a GP based Titan out for an extended period of time before launching the 1080ti, we all knew, or should have reasonably expected, that Nvidia could have launched the 1080ti at pretty much any time it wanted plus or minus a few days of that Titan release.

Edit to add they could have also launched the full GP chip back in August of 2016, but obviously the reasonable-ish call was made to save all the best chips for the better part of a year for the Quadro and Tesla cards.

Last edited:
Back