AMD PHENOM 9950 BE @ EGG $180 SHIPPED

This is hot especially with the free ANTEC 300 case combo, makes me almost want to buy it just for the free case!

but what boards support a 140W Phenom?

This is hot especially with the free ANTEC 300 case combo, makes me almost want to buy it just for the free case!

but what boards support a 140W Phenom?

Any 790GX motherboard accept 140W. Here are some awesome combo:

MSI 790GX
Total $299.98
http://secure.newegg.com/Shopping/AddToCart.aspx?Submit=ADD&ItemList=Combo.122016

Biostar 790GX
Total $249.98 <-- :eek:
http://secure.newegg.com/Shopping/AddToCart.aspx?Submit=ADD&ItemList=Combo.118897

Asus 790GX
Total $309.98
http://secure.newegg.com/Shopping/AddToCart.aspx?Submit=ADD&ItemList=Combo.118888

AMD boards are not ANYWHERE near the worth of $150 like many of those 790GX are priced at.

Looking at the AMD price cuts thread I'm assuming this is the same 'sale' Newegg always does when a product's MSRP is about to drop. That said, if the motherboard I want was available as one of the combo deals right now I'd hit this anyway just to save the time waiting for prices to drop to the same place on their own.

120nm or 45nm?

I'm sorry, I meant 120w. I should probably look at what I type.

PS: I really wanted to jump on this awesome deal (and it is an AWESOME deal) but I don't think the Phenom would be that much of an upgrade from my X2 BE when it concerns gaming.

I just hooked up that deal, combo'd it with the 4 X 2GB G-Skill PC 6400 for 296 with S/H. I am super excited.

I also picked up the brand new Foxconn Destroyer Board from zip for 250 w/ S/H. Probably over the top, and over priced, but oh well.

I can't wait!!

Won't the new 120w 9950BE be the same price?
When the new 125W version is eventually released, probably. :p Anyways, that's just the vague "wattage" rating. TDP is higher. For example, the "120W" models have a 137W TDP.

When the new 125W version is eventually released, probably. :p Anyways, that's just the vague "wattage" rating. TDP is higher. For example, the "120W" models have a 137W TDP.

I understand that, and yes it's 125W, not 120W. Still the less hungry the cpu is the better.

I'm sorry, I meant 120w. I should probably look at what I type.

PS: I really wanted to jump on this awesome deal (and it is an AWESOME deal) but I don't think the Phenom would be that much of an upgrade from my X2 BE when it concerns gaming.

I think its a pretty nice upgrade if your running the higher end games. It may well not be worth 180 dollars though. they would need to drop that to under 150 for me to bite. The combo deals are awesome though. :D

I think its a pretty nice upgrade if your running the higher end games. It may well not be worth 180 dollars though. they would need to drop that to under 150 for me to bite. The combo deals are awesome though. :D

I do my gaming at the higher resolutions where GPU counts much more than the CPU. It might be a few frames faster, but not enough for me to jump on the Phenom bandwagon yet.

PS: I think I'm waiting for 45nm.

Don't some of these AMD quads have issues with Vista or Xp or something like that? I believe some of the newer quad models resolved that issue no?

EDit - TLB bug... Does this one suffer from this? Is there a place where we can see which ones duffer from this?

Don't some of these AMD quads have issues with Vista or Xp or something like that? I believe some of the newer quad models resolved that issue no?

EDit - TLB bug... Does this one suffer from this? Is there a place where we can see which ones duffer from this?

Any of the 9x50 CPUs are the B3 versions without the TLB bug

tempting but not enough of an upgrade for me. someone will take it I am sure.

Back