AMD: Only some R9 cards will be bundled with BF4

PRIME1

2[H]4U
http://techreport.com/news/25660/amd-only-some-r9-cards-will-be-bundled-with-bf4#metal

just got home from AMD's APU13 event with some kind of cold or flu or crazy mutant strep throat, so I'll keep this simple. You know how all Radeon R9-series cards were supposed to be bundled with Battlefield 4? Yeah, turns out that's not the case. Only some cards from some card vendors are meant to ship with the game—and judging by current listings at Newegg, BF4 bundles are few and far between.

FYI

Yeah this has been going around in a few threads... bullshit if you ask me, but what can you do.

Just redeemed my code for my XFX R9 280X. I bought it a couple days before the promotion began, to boot.

I've been looking around this morning and I don't see anyone else with R9's for sale with BF4 included.

It really sucks.

Agreed. I'm ready to pull the trigger on a R9 270X right now but I don't want to buy it unless I get a free game with it. Unless some other cards start coming with BF4, I may have to grab the XFX card.

I bought an XFX R9 290 from newegg and it listed as coming with BF4 when I register on XFX's site.

Looking forward to recouping 30 dollars :)

False advertising?

Screen%20Shot%202013-11-12%20at%2011.01.50%20PM.png

I've been looking around this morning and I don't see anyone else with R9's for sale with BF4 included.

This whole BF4 bundle is a fucking joke. I am sorry for my language, but I am pissed the fuck off..I found out about AMD offering the BF4 bundle (along with the slides below) after 12:01 AM EST on the 13th..Since EVERY AMD Bundle has been via codes they send you, I was stoked and went ahead and placed my order for my Sapphire R9 290 from NE @ 2~3AM (can't remember now)..

I go to bed and wake up to find out that they are saying it only comes with purchases from the 13th on, so I was happy..Then we start seeing all these "clarifications" coming out regarding how the codes will ship IN the box..WTF is that?:mad::mad::mad:..

AMD has never done that (I am referring to the time period since the 79XX launch) and it's just stupid since it's a DIGITAL FUCKING DOWNLOAD..I have emails into Sapphire waiting to hear if they will give me a code..If I don't hear from them by Monday I am calling NE and asking the same thing..NE has a Sapphire model with the bundle that is $10 more, which I would have gladly paid for since I want the game..

IF they refuse to give me a code then I am sending the card back and will order from someone else..Just really sucks since my EK block arrived yesterday and I have sitting here looking at them both but don't wanna open either one til I hear something..I am going to keep the EK block regardless, but I KNOW if I open it then I won't be able to resist opening the 290:(:(

As much as I love AMD for their righting of the ship by shedding the failed vision of Ruiez and the rot it allowed to reach into AMD's core, this launch has been some what of a friggin clusterfuck...I think the whole BF4 thing is actually EA's fault, considering they are known for their bullshit marketing and launches (SimCity anyone?)..I think in the future we will come to find that America's Most Hated Company (for what 2 years) imposed some outrageous demands on what AMD could/couldn't do from a marketing standpoint..

I think EA felt that if they allowed AMD to announce bundles with all of their cards @ launch week, it would drive the sales down since many people would be buying the game 2nd hand for less then the $60 they would have spent otherwise..

If there is any positive benefit to this, I hope it is the fact that Mantle is proving to be a success with the FB3 Engine, and AMD is trying to get it's premier launch title out there to as many as possible so they can smash it in Nvidia's face..

I'm pretty heated about this too. I was on the fence about selling my 780's and moving to the 290's, and when I saw BF4 was going to come with them I finally went for it. Of course, this was the 12th and I didn't find out until the next day it started on the 13th. And now I find out AMD just said fuck you no BF4 for you. Also, black screen crashes galore. I'm really wishing I didn't sell my 780's right now as much as I wanted to love these cards.

I guess at this point I should just buy the card and not worry about any freebies. I'm going to give it until Tuesday and make a choice. I'm still waiting for Newegg to get another shipment of 7950s for $185 anyway. If that doesn't work out, I'll go with a 270X.

I guess at this point I should just buy the card and not worry about any freebies. I'm going to give it until Tuesday and make a choice. I'm still waiting for Newegg to get another shipment of 7950s for $185 anyway. If that doesn't work out, I'll go with a 270X.

You do realize that the 270X is quite a bit slower then a stock clocked 7950 Boost Edition correct? If so I don't mean to come off as a smart ass, but I have been seeing a lot of people getting confused and assuming the 270X is a "refresh" of the 7950 Boost when it is in fact a refresh of the much slower 7870..

I certainly did not receive BF4 with my Sapphire 290's. But at $380 each shipped I am not complaining :)

Maybe Sapphire requires you to register the card to get your code. That's what XFX is doing.

You do realize that the 270X is quite a bit slower then a stock clocked 7950 Boost Edition correct? If so I don't mean to come off as a smart ass, but I have been seeing a lot of people getting confused and assuming the 270X is a "refresh" of the 7950 Boost when it is in fact a refresh of the much slower 7870..

Yes, I realize that but every time the 7950 goes on sale, I can't get to it fast enough to purchase; it sells out really fast. Oh well, I'm looking at budget and this card is available. No sweat off my brow.

I saw the promo via all the news sources that were covering the bundle deal, followed the link to AMD's site, clicked through their site and arrived at what seemed to be the _identical_ card shown on AMD's site as bundled with BF4 (a DUAL-X version in purple packaging), placed my order. Card got here today, no voucher, Sapphire support is (expectedly) saying it ain't their fault, talk to AMD, talk to Amazon, talk to anyone else... So, I heard about the XFX situation and it seemed to be pretty solid that all XFX R9 270X's included it. I even found on the XFX site where they had a place for "If you bought it at Best Buy, follow this processs". So, I went down to my Best Buy and bought the last XFX R9 270X they had. Come back home, fire up the browser, and the XFX site for the "if you bought from Best Buy" says, "Under Construction till November 19". Nice...... now I have two R9 270X's and not a single BF4 has been played. For me, it's simple, I'm going to get BF4 for free _with_ an R9 270X, or I'll just buy the game and forget this round of vid card updates.

I'm tempted to purchase one of the few ASUS R9 270X's left at Amazon because of this graphic:

http://asus.co.uk/ASUSBF4/

Which pretty clearly states that the model sold at Amazon right now is covered but since there's no mention of it on Amazon's site, I bet that promo is only for the UK (hence the domain of the link above)... could this get any more screwed up????

So frustrating. Was willing to come back to AMD over for this promo but...

Back