AMD Not providing R9 Nano samples to several sites.

That has nothing to do with GameWorks.

That was a setting made by the game developers, of which could be changed, and was, through patches. I see that as a game issue, not a GameWorks issue, totally controlled by the game developers.

You are totally naive or pretending naiveity if you think Gameworks is not an intentional piece of black box code written to hurt the competition and even the older gen cards from Nvidia itself.

You are bypassing ap2ap graphs we have done sans GameWorks features that still show a large disparity in performance between certain AMD cards and NV cards at similar price.

Sorry but please don't try to evade from the question raised that Gameworks does harm AMD cards performance. Here is proof from your own review.

Dying Light Apples to Apples

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2012...ghz_edition_video_card_review/11#.Vemlu303nSk

Fury is 30% faster than GTX 980 with Gameworks features disabled.

These features are up to the game developer to integrate and use. If you are unhappy with the path the game developer has taken with their game, let them know how you feel about that. Ultimately they chose the platforms they want to use.

Again, this is where AMD needs to step up and take no mercy, seriously. NVIDIA is aggressive, very agressive. AMD is going to have to fight back. We already see GameWorks devouring most new games. This will only continue unless AMD fights back with something better for developers and convinces them to use its stuff. I'm all for competition. In our Witcher 3 article, we have shown using the latest patch that this game is a great game to use for competition right now, it is all in the review, I recommend checking it out.

How does AMD signing more titles under AMD GE help against Gameworks. Since the difference is AMD's tech like TressFX is open and so Nvidia can easily optimize well. AMD GE titles run well on Nvidia hardware. Thats a fact. But on Nvidia Gameworks titles with Gameworks features (which are basically black box code) designed specifically to run badly on the competition AMD cards suck. I am appalled at your level of naivety. Do you want AMD to follow Nvidia's path and create closed source libraries which run like crap on Nvidia GPUs. What kind of PC gaming industry do you want and do you expect the PC gamer to have 2 GPUs - 1 Nvidia and 1 AMD to play their respective titles.

if I built one of these tiny pcs I'd have the graphics card sticking out like the engine of a muscle car, would work & look cooler, for the price of that nano I'd get a 980ti

I remember when [H] used to pride itself on buying graphics card of the shelf instead of relying on "suspicious" review samples.

AMD doesn't send [H] a free card, so what? Get one from Microcenter.

Reddit is even worse than this place for shitposters with blind devotion to manufacturers. It's a bit funny but a little disturbing too. I made a few comments on the Nano here, defending Kyle's stance on their launch and pricing, and someone went through my post history and downvoted everything I said about the card. https://www.reddit.com/r/hardware/comments/3ji8jx/hardocp_amd_has_refused_our_request_for_a_nano_to/

:rolleyes:

That's actually common there. I assume people are just paid to do that all day. That was happening with posts about AotS too.

Like I said in another thread, when you see the sheer volume of AMD fans on all the forums out there, you'd think AMD had like 90% market share.

Literally none of the the 300+ games I own and play run on DirectX. Linux :D

While that's entirely cool, (and I'd say half of my games would run on Linux thanks to Valve now)... .... ... .. :D :p

Reddit is even worse than this place for shitposters with blind devotion to manufacturers. It's a bit funny but a little disturbing too. I made a few comments on the Nano here, defending Kyle's stance on their launch and pricing, and someone went through my post history and downvoted everything I said about the card. https://www.reddit.com/r/hardware/comments/3ji8jx/hardocp_amd_has_refused_our_request_for_a_nano_to/

The voting system is why I've never bothered with Reddit in earnest. It has some use for excellent posts that could otherwise be lost in the shuffle, but is rife with abuse.

I really like the XenForo platform that I've seen utilized by smallformfactor.net - I think it incorporates just the right amount of new "social" features and advancements to quotation and notification tracking to the traditional forum medium without going overboard into Reddit territory.

I just thought about something funny. I've never even connected to Reddit period. I think I feel pretty good about that actually. I don't know how I've managed it, but I've never even followed a link to it. Weird, but in some way satisfying. :D

I just thought about something funny. I've never even connected to Reddit period. I think I feel pretty good about that actually. I don't know how I've managed it, but I've never even followed a link to it. Weird, but in some way satisfying. :D

Then you've apparently missed out on the big news: Half-Life 3 has been confirmed.

The importance of the 970 "issue" has already been settled by the market. It's the #1 dGPU used on Steam. That shows how little value people place in the "issue". Time to move on.

what this proves is NVidia is allowed to slide on some major deception while AMD gets nitpicked

Where is your outrage when this happened I don't remember a bajillion page thread on it
http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=269580

I wasn't here back then. Then again I wasn't following tech back then altogether. Regardless, I'm not outraged about this decision. I understand that AMD desperately needs some favorable reviews to deceive people into buying this card. So in light of that it makes sense to not send one here for review.

what this proves is NVidia is allowed to slide on some major deception while AMD gets nitpicked

The GTX 970 stood out due to it's performance for it's price. This is something that isn't affected by whether we know about the internal workings of the GPU. It's performance was derived from real world benchmarking.

Yes the misinformation should not have happened, but it doesn't change the performance, and this was why there was no need to revisit the 970 benchmark article. It didn't change anything at the end of the day, because we still make our purchase decision based on real world performance, not the knowledge of how many TMU are there in a GPU.

Likewise, Fury Nano would be judge based on it's performance, if they actually sent one. The fact that they refused to send one to [H] for evaluation reflects badly on them. You can't convince anyone it's a good card when you refuse to allow it to be tested to begin with.

Reddit is lame... It's a sess pool of shit bags who troll to troll or have agendas. You will always have people supporting one manf over another, whether it's cars, computers, shoes, clothes, sports teams, golf clubs, etc. Also, age doesn't change the blind loyalty... Look at the type of people who look up to celebrities and shit? When you have a 50CC brain, expect the unexpected.

There was definitely one person in that reddit thread not very happy with Kyle. With saying that, Kyle is basically doing his job and pissing off a blind fanboi. /tears

Grasping at straws. Nvidia hardly slid - every tech site and forum hammered on about Ramgate, rightly so. The thing was, most people didn't care since the performance per dollar remained the towering peak of the industry, while the difference between 3.5 and 4.0 GB VRAM had no real world performance impact for 99%. of owners. Hell, I bought a second 970 months *after* Ramgate.

Try as you might, unfortunately there is no deflecting or misdirecting from the fundamental problem that Fiji performance isn't where it needed to be.

Last edited:
That's actually common there. I assume people are just paid to do that all day. That was happening with posts about AotS too.

Like I said in another thread, when you see the sheer volume of AMD fans on all the forums out there, you'd think AMD had like 90% market share.

It seems the lower marketshare AMD gets, a very small but vocal group of fans whine louder and louder...and graps at ANYTHING to make it a "-gate".

I hate to see forums if AMD drops further behind...imagine the noise...

bbbblblblbllbluuuuueeeeeeeeaaaaaaahhhhhhhgggggggg!!!!!! Ugh.... *spit* *spit*

I said I'd vomit if "gate" was attached to anything again.

sorry...

:p

Grasping at straws. Nvidia hardly slid - every tech site and forum hammered on about Ramgate, rightly so. The thing was, most people didn't care since the performance per dollar remained the towering peak of the industry, while the difference between 3.5 and 4.0 GB VRAM had no real world performance impact for 99%. of owners. Hell, I bought a second 970 months *after* Ramgate.

Try as you might, unfortunately there is no deflecting or misdirecting from the fundamental problem that Fiji performance isn't where it needed to be.

The performance obviously didn't reflect the issue. But the fact of Nvidia not releasing the facts up front was the issue. Any company doing this is and can be levied serious fines. So how it performs does not admonish them of fault.

Reddit is great for a lot of things, but objective discussion of products is not one of them. Social networks don't work well for that I've found. People get too butthurt when others don't agree with their choice.

lol

your post has nothing to do with NVidia's super shady practices...which was all that I was pointing out...

The positive is that reddit keeps many of the brain humpers away from here.
Not all of them...

Don't think it matters to AMD on this. AMD is going to be cherry picking its review sites like it cherry picks benchmarks and games to show off its latest graphics cards.

That won't serve AMD well they might as well write their own reviews and just tell websites to copy and paste or else ...

AMD won't give cards to reviewers, but NVIDIA will give cards to everyone

https://www.facebook.com/NVIDIAGeFo...466964019/1201773296508792/?type=1&permPage=1

http://semiaccurate.com/2010/05/30/how-nvidia-blacklists-sites-hardware-secrets/

Hardware Secrets seems to have done the unthinkable and not bowed to Nvidia PR’s requests to, lets not mince words, lie about their products, or at the very least, change things that they didn’t like. Some may think just because Nvidia wanted to get stories before publication to editorially ‘rightspeak’ them, and Hardware Secrets refused, that they were banned. Not so, and that is reported from personal experience.

Semiaccurate is your source. :rolleyes:

Your holier than thou attitude sucks, maybe you should forget about posting nonsense in this thread. When you tend to forget that Nvidia uses the same stick in the past and maybe even in the present....

Your holier than thou attitude sucks, maybe you should forget about posting nonsense in this thread. When you tend to forget that Nvidia uses the same stick in the past and maybe even in the present....

You are still using a 5 year old post from a pile of shit website to back up your claims. :rolleyes:

It's clear AMD has a giant turd on their hands and they are too embarrassed to show it to some of the better review sites. Seriously how many major review sites are their? 12 maybe? So no one could say that AMD could not scrape together a dozen cards at launch for review sites. They just don't want [H] and others pointing out the obvious shit stain on their pants.

Reddit is great for a lot of things, but objective discussion of products is not one of them. Social networks don't work well for that I've found. People get too butthurt when others don't agree with their choice.

Where can I find this? ;)

You are still using a 5 year old post from a pile of shit website to back up your claims. :rolleyes:

It's clear AMD has a giant turd on their hands and they are too embarrassed to show it to some of the better review sites. Seriously how many major review sites are their? 12 maybe? So no one could say that AMD could not scrape together a dozen cards at launch for review sites. They just don't want [H] and others pointing out the obvious shit stain on their pants.

Other than price, how have you objectively determined that they have a giant turd on their hands?

Other then the 290x and 970GTX it really makes no scents to spend more on a gpu and this is where both venders have failed us as 4K is way off from becoming any kind of standard and DX 12 should of released with games and new cards like Crysis did back in the day..

I been taking the hit for over spending on video cards for years as they lose value to dam fast to be dropping $300 + on one as it's like the stock market .. you wake up one day and your video card lost 70% of it's value because something new came along and crazy of us to support there off the wall pricing.. so it's a waste of review time really as I ain't buying.

Semiaccurate is your source. :rolleyes:

So AMD has deemed Hardocp and Techreport (among others) biased?

That just means any site that did get a card has agreed to polish the AMD knob in their review.

Just another reason why so few people buy AMD anymore.

Why don't you google "hardware secrets nvidia blacklist" and see how many hits you come up with?

FYI the original page has been deleted, which is why we have to resort to secondary sources. Regardless a TechPowerUp thread snipped a few quotes:

This time we have NVIDIA blacklisting us. After we published a review – without any support from them, N.B. – they complained that we didn’t talk about CUDA or PhysX.

After this e-mail exchange they simply put us in their black list and thus we stopped being invited to their latest product presentations, we were dropped from the list of websites that get products before the release date and we stop getting any kind of support from them. Any e-mail I sent to NVIDIA asking for anything is completely ignored.

Yeah yeah not primary source poster is likely an AMD shill with an agenda and made all that shit up blah blah blah I get it.

Recently? Almost no where :(

OCN is still mildly decent as long as you avoid the obvious trolls on both sides. [H}ard was actually pretty decent when I joined a year ago, but has become a complete cesspool in the recent few months.

Last edited:
OCN is still mildly decent as long as you avoid the obvious trolls on both sides. [H}ard was actually pretty decent when I joined a year ago, but has become a complete cesspool in the recent few months.
The forums are just cyclical, I've been here for years and it comes and goes. It's been especially bad lately only because of how long it's been between product launches and the almost irredeemable levels of hype built up for Fiji. Then it wasn't what people expected wanted so desperately, so the apologists are out in full force. Don't get me wrong it's not a bad card, just not what people wanted to see from AMD.

I'm just waiting for 14nm products right now. I had two 290X cards and I was going to try and ride it out, but I had an ROG Swift so I swapped to a 980 Ti, cost me $250 out of pocket after I resold my 290Xs and now I can use my ROG Swift with GSYNC. Honestly this is a much better experience and I don't feel the "need" for more, so I'm skipping everything until Arctic Islands or Pascal when 4K on two GPUs won't still be a compromise on visual quality.

Back