AMD new Nov drivers are coming

Remember the last omega drivers ? They were good but nothing earth shattering. The comparisons released by amd were against whql drivers that were several months old.

The last official whql drivers are 15.7.1. We had mutiple betas that improved performance since then. I would bet that when they release the new omegas, they'll compare them against 15.7.1, not the 15.10. They'll announce huge performance improvements ,but in reality, they'll improve performance by a few % points at most.

Betas are always in comparison to the lastest WHQL.

eveyone does that

You have to have a baseline for the betas.

The buildup to these drivers is an anti climax, why would you hype things you don't know what they are and your reference is from drivers a long time ago.
Second Iteration of Special Edition Drivers Incoming from AMD in November – Will Include Significant Updates to Catalyst

translates to: OMG OMG OMFG new AMD Omega drivers?

Then when you look at the article it states:
Omega Drivers 2014 had a very wide variety of new features, from support 4K Virtual Super Resolution, to 5K Support, to Multi Monitor and FreeSync updates. The driver also included updates for Tress FX 3.0, HSA 1.0, CUDA 2.0 and CodeXL 1.6 as well as Mantle

Last edited:
At WCCFtech anything is possible. You know about that theoretical debate that if you put enough monkeys behind typewriters one will eventually produce something that is considered a masterpiece ;)

eh I always like new drivers.

They can spin it all they want, but it's just new drivers. I haven't had any problems with my R9-290 running any games. I will welcome whatever improvements they make.

Back