AMD Mining Devices Making Millionaires Worldwide

Assume an open aluminum frame, room 60F, no over/underclocking. I'm just trying to get a ballpark idea (months? years?).

If you're patient for a followup:

(1) Can you replace the fans on the Radeon cards??

(2) Are there long PCI extension cables, so you could lay the cards flat on an extended frame, with the card fans blowing up instead of sideways onto another card? (It would seem a logical idea, but from a quick Google search I haven't turned up long enough extensions.

Nobody is really going to be able to provide you an estimated lifespan of your card regardless of how much info you provide. It's more a go-nogo check. My advice is to keep the temps as low as you can and you'll be fine. As long as you're not cooking the card, fan failure is more likely than card failure, in my opinion, as was mentioned earlier in this thread. 60F is pretty cool and if you maintain that room temperature the card should cool itself quite easily.

Yes, you can replace the fan(s) with aftermarket coolers and there are ribbon risers and ribbon extensions out there.

Assume an open aluminum frame, room 60F, no over/underclocking. I'm just trying to get a ballpark idea (months? years?).

If you're patient for a followup:

(1) Can you replace the fans on the Radeon cards??

(2) Are there long PCI extension cables, so you could lay the cards flat on an extended frame, with the card fans blowing up instead of sideways onto another card? (It would seem a logical idea, but from a quick Google search I haven't turned up long enough extensions.

Yes, either by sending them in for RMA or getting really lucky and finding a source.

PCI-e Risers. All you need is 1x. Right now they are hard to find other than China/HongKong so they can take 7-30days for you to get and run anywhere from a few dollars to ~$10, or more if you need powered risers.

There are a bunch of calculators out there such as this one. With the current difficulty continually going up, I'd guess about 0.3 to 0.4 a day right now if you went 24x7, but less and less every week going forward.

I think litecoin diff moves every 3.5 days. The last movement jumped 20%. I am expecting the same movement today or tomorrow I forget. At that point you will need at least 4 7970s capable of 700 kh/s to hit .8 coins a day.

I think litecoin diff moves every 3.5 days. The last movement jumped 20%. I am expecting the same movement today or tomorrow I forget. At that point you will need at least 4 7970s capable of 700 kh/s to hit .8 coins a day.

Right, it's actually every 2016 blocks which will fluctuate based on the total combined hashing speed of everybody, but 3.5 days is about right currently.

if I was a coin miner, I'd convert my virtual coins to real cash as soon as I'm able to make it and lock in the real value.

if I was a coin miner, I'd convert my virtual coins to real cash as soon as I'm able to make it and lock in the real value.

and thats why some are still broke and others are millionaires

Tell that to the guys that sold all their bitcoins for $5-$10

Back