AMD "Matisse Refresh" Processor SKUs Include 3900XT, 3800XT, and 3600XT

erek

[H]F Junkie
Legit or not?

"There are three SKUs AMD is developing, the Ryzen 9 3900XT, the Ryzen 7 3800XT, and the Ryzen 5 3600 XT. All three are likely to retain core counts of the SKUs they are displacing from current price points - with the 3900XT likely being a 12-core/24-thread part; the 3800XT an 8-core/16-thread part, and the 3600XT a 6-core/12-thread part. AMD is likely to give the three a major clock speed increase to shore up gaming performance. It won't surprise us if AMD tinkers with boost algorithms, either. GIGABYTE has already referenced "Matisse Refresh" in its motherboard product roadmaps, which adds plenty of credibilty to this rumor. With "Zen 3" based 4th gen Ryzen processors unlikely to relieve the embattled 3900X, 3800X, and 3600X in the wake of Intel's 10th gen Core "Comet Lake" launch until Q4-2020, it makes sense for AMD to plan a product stack refresh to bolster its competitiveness. AMD is reportedly planning a June 16 product announcement, followed by July 7 availability."

https://www.techpowerup.com/267552/...ocessor-skus-include-3900xt-3800xt-and-3600xt

B-but our BIOS cant handle more CPUs, r-right g-guys??

What is that supposed to mean? You think the limited BIOS ROM size is some sort of conspiracy/lie?

If the new CPUs are the same as the previous models aside from slightly modified boost clocks, etc, they might not even require a separate entry in the BIOS ROM.

Wasn't this only an issue with budget boards, back towards the beginning?
My understanding was this was not an issue for premium boards, or anything else at this point.

What is that supposed to mean? You think the limited BIOS ROM size is some sort of conspiracy/lie?

If the new CPUs are the same as the previous models aside from slightly modified boost clocks, etc, they might not even require a separate entry in the BIOS ROM.

Exactly. Must be someone who hates competition that would come in and claim the garbage in the first post.

Oh, and now we will have some new SKU's that are faster and probably also price competitive. Looks to me like AMD is not taking their foot off the gas, unlike some who think they are just like the boys in blue.

Exactly. Must be someone who hates competition that would come in and claim the garbage in the first post.

Oh, and now we will have some new SKU's that are faster and probably also price competitive. Looks to me like AMD is not taking their foot off the gas, unlike some who think they are just like the boys in blue.

IMO, the only place AMD is embattled like the OP link says is at the R5 3600/3600x level with the $157 10400F. Both are 6C/12T and Intel boosts slightly higher to 4.3Ghz (and both have no IGP...evidently the IGP is worth $25 to Intel). At every other price point, It's essentially the same as it was previous (which makes sense as Comet Lake is essentially respun Coffee Lake).

These are probably just pre-binned CPUs (e.g. the 8086k or the 9900KS). Nothing wrong with that, but I'm sure AMD will upcharge somewhat even if their regular parts drop in price slightly.

Yep. For an example, I am using a 1600AF which is zen+ but recently released on a BIOS from 2018. The CPU didn't exist until then end of 2019.
Good point, this is where the placeholder lists come from amongst other sources.

dNfHNmb.gif

Source of this rumor according to the Techspot post--- WCCFTECH. Might be neat if true but I'd take it with a big grain of salt given the source of the info.

Holy crap the AMD fanboys are on a roll. Any slight sarcasm aimed at AMD and you guys grab your pitchforks.

This is an AMD thread about possible y0com8ng AMD processors. You know where to go if it is not liked since Intel has released some new ones.

Come on you can't make jokes when they are vulnerable, they are still recovering from the B450 and Zen 3 trauma lmao

lol. which joke were your referencing?

besides guess team blue is all excited for "gromet" lake. which still has all the same security holes as all the other polluted lakes and unsecure bridges...

besides guess team blue is all excited for "gromet" lake. which still has all the same security holes as all the other polluted lakes and unsecure bridges...

I reread the post a few times, still does not come off as a joke. Oh well, I just realized, these processors, if real, will be coming out at about the same time as the B550 motherboards. I have gotten a look at the B550 images and let me tell you, I want one, to perhaps replace my Asrock Taichi X370 board. :)

lol good one! I am not really team blue tbh, owned/own more AMD products than Intel and definitely built more AMD systems lately for friends and family. I just don't have an AMD tattoo on my ass like some of you guys here.

I have not even been considering upgrading my 2700x yet, just does not seem worth the cash yet, am I wrong?

I have not even been considering upgrading my 2700x yet, just does not seem worth the cash yet, am I wrong?

Depends on the motherboard you have. If your using a older board you likely wont have a option to upgrade to the 4000 series.

Back