AMD M2 Socket CPUs for Sale (Taking orders)

Who in the right mind would order a AMD processor from something that obscure?

The $74 Semperon AM2 is an excellent price for new technology.
Advanced Micro Devices - SEMPRON 2800+ SOCKET AM2
SDA2800CNBOX

Or Semperon 3400+ for $108 only :)

annaconda said:
SDA2800CNBOX

Yeah, great find/prices; But how reliable is the reseller?

annaconda said:
SDA2800CNBOX

That might be a smart way to go. Get a mid/high-end mobo with a decent low-end chip... wait 1-2 core revisions of AM2 (65nm, bigger/shared cache, better optimized mem controller).

Actually.... do the AM2 semprons have dual-channel memory?

AHAHAH wow WHAT A crappy website. I mean is it even secure?

"National Toner Warehouse"

I think I will pre-buy CPUs through someone that actually sells CPUs.

And btw I didnt read the whole article but Anandtech did a review of a beta system with M2. The realworld results were far under what most thought M2 would bring to the table. This is because the first chips coming out on M2 are the EXACT same cores and 90nm process currently implemented by AMD.

I would wait until early 2007 when the 65nm comes out.

Well to be honest i would wait until 2007 when Qual Core will be available. Intel will be shipping Qual Core CPUs by the end of 2006.

annaconda said:
Well to be honest i would wait until 2007 when Qual Core will be available. Intel will be shipping Qual Core CPUs by the end of 2006.

Intel is going to be doing the same thing they did with the dual-prescott-- slap 2 cores into the same packaging. (in this case) 2 dual-core crusoes(?). How well will it actually perform? Is it even a consumer product? Hopefully it's a viable product and not like the dual-prescott debacle, or the itanium debacle, or the pentium 4 1.4ghz debacle, or the pentium 3-1000, and so forth. Intel has a history of introducing cutting-edge products that are great in theory but don't live up to the hype until much later in the evolution.

Everything I've read says that socket F is what will be introduced at end of 2006, but not with quad-core cpus. AM2 wasn't designed for quad-core chips; F was, and F will be *alot* more expensive, like $500-$1000 just for a motherboard plus that and more for the CPUs. When socket F comes out, they will only have dual-core cpus for it.

On the other hand... ibm has quad-core cpus now (plus the 8/9 core Cell), and sun has 8 cores on the usparc t1... so...

annaconda said:

Don't waste your money, just wait until the octocores come out in 2009, quad cores are just too puny. I mean, what's the point in upgrading if everything you get just gets outdated? Just wait for something that doesn't exist yet.

Alchemic said:
Don't waste your money, just wait until the octocores come out in 2009, quad cores are just too puny. I mean, what's the point in upgrading if everything you get just gets outdated? Just wait for something that doesn't exist yet.

Pssshhhhhtttt!! Octocores?? :rolleyes:

I'm waiting for the Do-deca-cores, baby!!! :eek: ;)

Ehh, I'll wait out for the next batch of AM2 processors, thank you very much. These ones won't do anything for me. Why even bother getting something now (as the motherboards will be expensive) when you can wait until late 2006 and get the same motherboards for cheaper and the newer processors?

Hmm if I could find a more reliable store I'd purchase the AM2 Sempron and a MATX AM2 board just for the shits and giggles. :p

PEZOHOLIC said:
AHAHAH wow WHAT A crappy website. I mean is it even secure?

"National Toner Warehouse"

I think I will pre-buy CPUs through someone that actually sells CPUs.

And btw I didnt read the whole article but Anandtech did a review of a beta system with M2. The realworld results were far under what most thought M2 would bring to the table. This is because the first chips coming out on M2 are the EXACT same cores and 90nm process currently implemented by AMD.

I would wait until early 2007 when the 65nm comes out.

https: <--- is supposed to show that the site is secure. However, it still looks kinda fishy. I wouldn't really trust it.

Oh yeah? Well it looks like I have to make a stand and own you all with my Googol-core.

None of that stands a chance against the Geothermal powered Nano Mac G11 Hendecagon... No Mouse, No Keyboard, No Monitor...
pwned
:D

could be for the private wholesale sector or something like that.

I put in an order for 10. However, I wanted to pay them with this MO from Nigeria. They just send me back the difference plus a few hundreds for fast shipping and for being so um..nice...in accepting my MO.

Yeah your right, what a crappy website.. What no pictures?? How do you even know your getting the right product. hehehe.

just a note from the website, you can order up to 1*10^16 AM2 5000+'s, however, once you add another 0, it goes down to $4.36 Not a bad deal if you ask me. 1*10^17 proc's for <$5. :D :) :cool:

I like the fine print:

"NTW, Inc. disclaims any responsibility for product information and products described on this site. Some product information may be confusing without additional explanation. All product information, including prices, features, and availability, is subject to change without notice."

That has your SOL, screwed, try and find us, and you've lost your loot written all over it.

I am currently accepting pre-orders for Nvidia Geforce 8000GTX cards...PM for details.

joemama said:
I am currently accepting pre-orders for Nvidia Geforce 8000GTX cards...PM for details.
Careful of this one! I woke up and found a note stapled to my forehead telling me they took my kidneys and I should call a doctor :(

heh weren't they going back to gt and ultra for the 8000 series? (not gtx)

Back