AMD lays off 5%...

That's pretty crummy if true, but not unexpected. The belt tightening is long overdue.

The real (PR) damage will be in a lot of disgruntled employees hitting the blogs now, something they couldn't do while employed inside the AMD black hole.

That's pretty crummy if true, but not unexpected. The belt tightening is long overdue.

The real (PR) damage will be in a lot of disgruntled employees hitting the blogs now, something they couldn't do while employed inside the AMD black hole.

Agreed,its long,long overdue,and something I have been calling for,for ages now.And yes I cant wait to read some of those blog entries.

What kinda suprises me is that its only 5% ! I was expecting it to be more.I also think this is likely the first round,of yet another to come in the not so distant future.What will really floor me,is if this turns out to be just a rumour !

Layoffs are never a pleasant affair,but its just what the doctor ordered in this case.

That pretty well confirms my suspicion that this is what has been happening all over the net on numerous forums from the Intel camp. I wonder how many of the 10000+ ex-intel employees have been flooding the net. Although to me it looks fairly well orchestrated...

That pretty well confirms my suspicion that this is what has been happening all over the net on numerous forums from the Intel camp. I wonder how many of the 10000+ ex-intel employees have been flooding the net. Although to me it looks fairly well orchestrated...

What do you mean ? :confused: I have read a few blog entries from recently laid off INTC employee's,not alot of juicy stuff though there. :(

I haven't heard about any layoffs, not even through the grapevines. I guess we'll see in a few days if the INQ's right eh?

did anyone think that the economy is kinda shitty for just about everyone?

I haven't heard about any layoffs, not even through the grapevines. I guess we'll see in a few days if the INQ's right eh?
I heard a rumor of a possibility of this from a decent source late last year.. bummer if true. :(

If true, 5% is not huge, significant but not something to be worry about. It's expected and the economy isn't doing all that great...

Was this the case in the past,when AMD laid off people? Or did you hear about it with days and weeks to spare ?

its on the front page but right now AMD is right along with the economy

While I run an AMD in my machine the only thing that could really save them is if IBM buys them. They didn't need to purchase ATI with all of its debt. I dumped my amd stock a long time ago and its good I did I would have lost a ton of money. I had stock since the 166 mhz days and it was good stock. I got off the boat at $31 at the start of 2006 Its 6.40 now.

I'll be scanning the blogs with my spiders to see if any workers at amd have anything to say.

Back