AMD launch HD6000 Oct 12, 2010

Does this mean we'll see the 68xx series as well or are they launching low and mid range first?

I really want to get rid of this GTX 480, hate this annoying screen flickering I've been getting since day one.

Does this mean we'll see the 68xx series as well or are they launching low and mid range first?

I really want to get rid of this GTX 480, hate this annoying screen flickering I've been getting since day one.

IIRC the high end stuff is Q1 2011.

October 12th would be 2 days before amd has to report it's quarterly earnings which it's suspected they will announce a big loss due to lack of demand on the notebook market in the us and West. Europe

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13924_3-20017471-64.html

This could help the impact this negative report will have on their stock. New releases usually help stocks out. Especially with amd's sales track record in the dx 11 market the last year. Sounds believable.

October 12th would be 2 days before amd has to report it's quarterly earnings which it's suspected they will announce a big loss due to lack of demand on the notebook market in the us and West. Europe

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13924_3-20017471-64.html

This could help the impact this negative report will have on their stock. New releases usually help stocks out. Especially with amd's sales track record in the dx 11 market the last year. Sounds believable.

Unless it's just a paper release. Those have backfired before greatly for AMD.

IIRC the high end stuff is Q1 2011.

Mainstream, enthusiast and high end products (5750, 5770, 5850, 5870 and 5970 replacements) will be out before the end of the year. Low end and entry level (56xx and below), early next year. If performance is anywhere close to earlier rumors AMD is going to clean up this Christmas season.

Mainstream, enthusiast and high end products (5750, 5770, 5850, 5870 and 5970 replacements) will be out before the end of the year. Low end and entry level (56xx and below), early next year. If performance is anywhere close to earlier rumors AMD is going to clean up this Christmas season.

Ah, thanks for the correction. Just thought I'd read they were doing lower end stuff first then moving on to high end.

Looks like I might be able to get myself a nice bday/xmas gift for myself this year. :D

Unless it's just a paper release. Those have backfired before greatly for AMD.
LOL silly fanboy.
You seem to be confused and are thinking of Nvidia showing off a fake motherboard cut out with a cooler fastened with wood screws and calling it Fermi when they paper launched it nearly a year ago.

6000. that's the next generation huh?! now i have a gtx 470. i thinking maybe i upgrade to the lesser expensive version of the 6000.

It's not going to be worth it. 6000 series Juniper equivalent is supposed to have around 5850 performance levels. So it shouldn't beat the 470. The Cypress equivalent of 6000 series, now that should be an eye opener though.

Screen flickering? Haven't had any flickering issues on my 480s. Perhaps you should have RMA'd from day 1.

Screen flickering? Haven't had any flickering issues on my 480s. Perhaps you should have RMA'd from day 1.

I get flicker too its the driver
card underclocking it self and gives flicker
i tested with 3 different gtx460, gtx465, 5850
in 2 different mobo, 2 different psu
fresh install of windows 7 too
i think hardware conflict too
some people fine with the card and some dont
try new beta driver
it stopped my flicker but still downclock itself to 405

back to topic
plan to pick up low end (6770)? After i see benchmarks

http://www.brightsideofnews.com/Dat...er-12-2010-2010-10-12/AMD_Bart_XT_GPU_600.jpg

This specification doesn't look right.
Lower end chip has 32 rops which would mean doubling on the current amount 5770 has while keeping same amount of TMUs and sp ?

That's rather against the direction videon cards were going in mainstream segment for last few years.

And with those specs they look like slower cards than 460 duo (assuming i'm right on rops one is simply 5770 with slower clock speeds while second one is 5770 speeds with 2 more segments unlocked)

So i hope that's not what amd have prepared for us as i need them to force price drop on nvidia to get another cheap gtx 470 :D

The BIG advantage the 6X series will have it comes to HTPC work is complete 3D Blu ray hardware decoding. Right now NOTHING can hardware decode 3D blu ray on the PC. That will change with this card.

Also light rumor has it that even the entry level card will be able to do Vector Adaptive deinterlacing. Don't quote me on that it is just a rumor but consider what kind of bump these are getting I will not be surprised.

If this card launches at the 50 USD price point AND be low profile AND have 3D Blu Ray support.. Get ready for SOLD OUT city! People were going bonkers over the 5X series bitstreaming and some on AVSforum bought 5870s just to have that feature.

full card decode is not really needed since even with a middle of the road i5 and a 4570 less than 25% cpu get used even on the most bitrate intensive titles running 1080p. even an old vostro 1400 with a 1.8Ghz C2D cpu and 8400GSM could handle that with less than 50% usage.....

its not the same company or all the same people thus its not AMD's paper launches. You claimed the paper launches were AMD's that is not true they were ATI a completely seperate company at the time of said releases.

I can't wait for the 6000 series. I've been skipping every other series, but been buying the flagship cards so I don't have to upgrade as often.

This is my next upgrade :)

I probably won't be getting one. But it will be interesting to see if they live up to expectations which unfortunately seems to grow everyday.

I am aware that prices of these cards will be higher in order to cover up the sales of ATI's 58XX series cards

The rumour mongers are claiming 6870 will be available in November, and in good supply: http://www.semiaccurate.com/2010/09/24/amds-6870-coming-november/

If all these rumours are true then I guess it's going hurt those who do buy the top end cards at every refresh - because all those 5870s will be devalued that bit sooner, maybe this is a deliberate policy to get the mainstream buyers to buy new 6770 instead of used 5870?

The rumour mongers are claiming 6870 will be available in November, and in good supply: http://www.semiaccurate.com/2010/09/24/amds-6870-coming-november/

If all these rumours are true then I guess it's going hurt those who do buy the top end cards at every refresh - because all those 5870s will be devalued that bit sooner, maybe this is a deliberate policy to get the mainstream buyers to buy new 6770 instead of used 5870?

It's been over a year since the 5870 released. It's time for a new high-end card. My card has been running strong since launch and it's ready for retirement into a secondary pc. I feel other's will agree.

I agree 12 months on is reasonable for the new top end card to arrive, but given the news source the launch and availability may be any time between October and early next year. My point/question really was - if you are going to upgrade a 5870 (or 5850) then the used prices of the 58xx will be dented sooner, and more harshly because of the 6770 arriving before the new top end 6xxx cards.

It's been over a year since the 5870 released. It's time for a new high-end card. My card has been running strong since launch and it's ready for retirement into a secondary pc. I feel other's will agree.

I agree with this. A year is really a lot of time for the value of your card to remain the same (or go up if you were one of the very first buyers). We shall see about the new prices, but expect the 5xxx series prices to take a nose dive. There is a 5850 from MSI on new egg thats going for 210 or so (with MIR). You could not buy a 5850 on ebay for less then 220 a month ago.

those are the 67xx series, pretty slow, i going to wait for the 68xx series or better.

I really hope that the 6770 is as fast as a 5850.. & as small as a 5770. I hated having to downgrade to the 5770 to fit in a q11 & would love to get my high settings back in SC2

I really hope that the 6770 is as fast as a 5850.. & as small as a 5770. I hated having to downgrade to the 5770 to fit in a q11 & would love to get my high settings back in SC2

Not gonna happen. If it really does have a 256bit bus and more shader's on the same 40nm process its going to be bigger and much more expensive.

Not gonna happen. If it really does have a 256bit bus and more shader's on the same 40nm process its going to be bigger and much more expensive.

not if AMD is smart. Making a mid range card that requires a high end case would seriously hurt sales. They can get away with having obnoxious lengths on high end shit because people who are willing to pay for it normally have large cases & massive PSU's.. But the mainstream market is way different. People will not get a larger case or a larger PSU for a new card most the time.

waiting for some real world benchmarks on the top of the line one!!! yes 6870 in crossfire please, + intel sandy bridge + DDR4 RAM + USB 3.0!!

not if AMD is smart. Making a mid range card that requires a high end case would seriously hurt sales. They can get away with having obnoxious lengths on high end shit because people who are willing to pay for it normally have large cases & massive PSU's.. But the mainstream market is way different. People will not get a larger case or a larger PSU for a new card most the time.

I believe the 5850 is 8 inches (its certainly less than the 5870). I would expect the 6770 to be pretty much 100% identical to that, and it has nothing to do with AMD being smart or lazy. Its simply the requirements of the chip.

Back