AMD is a billion dollar company that is not your friend! Ok that is clickbait, but read on.

AMD has been killing it. I have built two AMD based computers this year. Both those computers have AMD processors and video cards in them. Now these are both x570 boards. AMD made some promises to its fans, and some guarantees that it is now backing away from. Gamers Nexus has now done two videos to cover this controversy. Once again I cannot stand fans of companies, I do think that GN is neutral, I hold out hope that responders to this thread realize that all we have is each other. Here are the links:

The object of a company is to make money so choose your own poison or bye from no one.

I been saying it from the start they are not our friends. Believe me if Intel keeps fumbling with their 10nm node and makes no progress for the next few you years we can expect AMD to start jacking up the prices. Just hope they don't slow down innovation and bad as Intel did.

Is there a reason you're just going through and reposting erek 's posts?

and not only that ignored the reason why erek locked his since there's already a multi-page discussion thread about this. even though i give erek a hard time periodically with his threads the dude still deserves credit for being on top of news posting.

Even though a re-post, at the least it's still an interesting topic and highlights some issues with the way AMD does business.

That GN did same great research on this. I can actually see both sides of it. I think AMD really tries to be the good guys, but they also have some issue with their marketing strategy. Then they got bit by BIOS bloat and the lack of an ability to address more than 16MB of ROM. I think AMD is really getting their shit together, but they definitely need to put a leash on their marketing department. They need to quit throwing stones and stop making promises they can't keep.

In any case don't expect too much from AMD, they are a corporation out to make money just like any other. We like to think they have our backs, but the only part of our backs they have is our pants pocket.

Repeat thread and loaded topic. Also: Guess all is not as it seems. :) So, for those who have B450 and above, this is good news for them. Also, I will take the company that actually cares about improving performance rapidly over the company that sits on the thumb and squeaks out barely faster processors for ever increasing cost to this day. (Yes, they did give you 6 and 8 core for less than before but, only when they were forced to do so and only well kicking and screaming the whole way.) So yeah, one is more likely my friend than the other.

Repeat thread and loaded topic. Also: Guess all is not as it seems. :) So, for those who have B450 and above, this is good news for them. Also, I will take the company that actually cares about improving performance rapidly over the company that sits on the thumb and squeaks out barely faster processors for ever increasing cost to this day. (Yes, they did give you 6 and 8 core for less than before but, only when they were forced to do so and only well kicking and screaming the whole way.) So yeah, one is more likely my friend than the other.

I just hope people don't whine when they try their beta Bios and it bricks their mobo and whine at AMD that it doesn't work. AMD be like " Told you so but we did it anyway"

Have not seen erek's topic, I just looked and still don't see erek's post about this.
tpu didnt have an article for him to source from.

glad the may have changed their minds. we'll see what we end up with in a couple months i guess.

Back